SiouxSports.com Forum

Brian Faison - from New Mexico St, new AD

star2city

Brian Faison Named UND Director Of Athletics

University of North Dakota Vice President for General Administration Phil Harmeson announced today [Thursday, April 17] that Brian Faison, Special Assistant to the President and Major Gifts Officer at New Mexico State University, has been named UND Director of Athletics.

The public is invited to meet Faison on Saturday, April 19, 11:15-11:45 in the Alerus Center concourse. Faison will be attending the Green and White football game.

"I join the UND community in welcoming Brian and Donna Faison to the University and its athletic department," said Dr. Robert Kelley, who will start as UND's 11th president on July 1. "The University has a great deal of work ahead as we transition our athletic program into NCAA Division I. Brian's background suggests that he will bring a great deal of experience and leadership to that transition."

"I am excited about the opportunity to serve the University of North Dakota and the alumni and fans who provide such tremendous support to Fighting Sioux Athletics," Faison said. "All of our efforts will be focused upon successfully managing the transition of our sports to Division I classification, while maintaining the academic and athletic excellence the UND family has come to expect."

On a New Mexico State Aggie board, , I asked how Faison was perceived in Las Cruces. Most responses were very positive!

I hope he works out for you guys but having the ex athletic director at Indiana State during its decade of indominance at the helm would make me a touch nervous.... I would be curious to see what the ISU fans over at Valleytalk.net would say.

I hope he works out for you guys but having the ex athletic director at Indiana State during its decade of indominance at the helm would make me a touch nervous.... I would be curious to see what the ISU fans over at Valleytalk.net would say.

Are there any Indiana State fans on sports forums? In Indiana compared to NDak, UI is like UND, as Purdue is to NDSU, as Indiana State (with the exception of the Larry Bird era) is to Minot State.

One thing to note with both the hires of Kelley and Faison is that they are older mature men who have already proven that they can lead, Kelley as a dean and Faison as AD and fund raiser.

I think the selection team did a fine job in selecting Faison. Hopefully, the team of Kelley/Faison will take UND far.

Go Sioux !!!!

Edited by GeauxSioux

Good Luck to Brian Fiason....

I would have perfered a guy with his own real hair....? but at least we got a AD

I noticed the hair thing myself, and was clicking add reply as I saw you already mentioned it. :D

It's one of the worst I've seen....either that or he has horrible hair.

I watched the press conference on video and must say I am most impressed with Brian Faison, UND's newly appointed athletic director. Coming down to the two finalists, it appears we have a University of Missouri graduate in either case, which I most heartily applaud, having a UND undergraduate degree in journalism plus a master's in journalism from Missouri. Brian obviously has the experience and the fund-raising ability to take UND into this athletic transition period. Despite the negative, whiny protestors of some of the expected naysayers at Bisonville (which, of course, I suppose is to be expected), I think UND went about selecting both a new president and a new athletic director in the right way. I would also like at this time to applaud the efforts of Dr. Charles Kupchella for all he has done to steer the University on the right track. I think we're on the right course academically as well as athletically. My niece is a 2006 graduate of UND's College of Nursing. Her younger sister is finishing up her freshman year at UND and has hopes of becoming a lawyer. By the way, the younger sister absolutely loves it at UND and is most happy with the college she selected (perhaps with a little urging from her proud uncle).

UND athletic director has D-I history

Faison said one of his biggest challenges will be scheduling, a load that could be lightened with games against NDSU. The rivalry was halted when NDSU moved to Division I five years ago and UND balked at playing the Bison.
Faison extends his hand and gets...
Gene Taylor, the NDSU athletic director, said the Bison have no plans to play the Sioux in any sport. Some of the NDSU teams have no room in their schedules and there's not enough interest among fans and alumni in resuming the series, he said.

"It depends on who you talk to," Taylor said. "I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming majority who want to see it renewed."

Whatcha been smoking there, Gene? :D

UND athletic director has D-I historyFaison extends his hand and gets...Whatcha been smoking there, Gene? :silly:

And so continues the endless excuses from the Bi-Son. Taylor's lack of courage and character will be his downfall regarding this. UND needs to continue to do things the right way and focus on the transition. Let the classless losers at the cow college continue their pissing and moaning until their no longer relevant.

And so continues the endless excuses from the Bi-Son. Taylor's lack of courage and character will be his downfall regarding this. UND needs to continue to do things the right way and focus on the transition. Let the classless losers at the cow college continue their pissing and moaning until their no longer relevant.

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, but I guess it's a Sue board. OK, I normally don't do that, it's Sioux, but come on dlsiouxfan, that's pretty weak. Cow college, good one. Please tell us about doing things the right way? Would it be calling a press conference, talking about the evils of DI and that UND has no interest in it. What confernce are you in? I thought going it alone was insane. What changed DL? Good luck to Mr. Faison, really, I mean it and to UND on a successful transition.

Sounds like a man we need following the Buning firing ( http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=242#s=242&a...7&t=2368303 ),

...handling some very messy personnel and program matters in a good way, building relations with several key NM legislators and big donors (e.g., Fulton) with a very positive result for Aggie athletics funding, facility planning, and cordial relations with many in the State and Las Cruces.

I expect those that want Bollinger as AD and used Buning's sideline push-ups against him to scream for Faison's head if he gets 'fiery' at any games,

I for one will miss him, including his fiery antics at Aggie games -- referees in Dakota country, Beware!

I wish the new AD all the best and I hope for the sake of UND's athletic programs that the alum, all of them, will support him 100%.

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, but I guess it's a Sue board. OK, I normally don't do that, it's Sioux, but come on dlsiouxfan, that's pretty weak. Cow college, good one. Please tell us about doing things the right way? Would it be calling a press conference, talking about the evils of DI and that UND has no interest in it. What confernce are you in? I thought going it alone was insane. What changed DL? Good luck to Mr. Faison, really, I mean it and to UND on a successful transition.

Taylor called a press conference and slandered the academic records of thousands of UND student-athletes. To my knowledge there has never been a comparable statement made by anyone in the UND administration. Even during the Hager years when a Bi-son football player with a diploma was harder to find than a needle in a haystack. Say what you will about UND's administration, but when you call in to question a group's academic performance as a piss-poor excuse for your own lack of courage then you've reached a whole new level of douschebaggery.

Taylor called a press conference and slandered the academic records of thousands of UND student-athletes. To my knowledge there has never been a comparable statement made by anyone in the UND administration. Even during the Hager years when a Bi-son football player with a diploma was harder to find than a needle in a haystack. Say what you will about UND's administration, but when you call in to question a group's academic performance as a piss-poor excuse for your own lack of courage then you've reached a whole new level of douschebaggery.

?? I think your still hallucinating from your time in Denver. :silly: