SiouxSports.com Forum

Any word if anyone has decided to leave?

4-H 97-98

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a little blip about Chorney

On another front, the Oilers will likely sign one of their prize prospects, U of North Dakota defenceman Taylor Chorney, in the next week or two. Chorney, a puck-mover and former captain of the U.S. world junior squad, who sprained his knee in the Frozen Four semifinal, will likely start in Springfield next year.

(This is me procrastinating on my paper that's due tomorrow haha)

Joe Finley (Defense, North Dakota Fighting Sioux, WCHA) - In between a couple controversial incidents, Finley picked up 15 points (including four goals) for the Fighting Sioux while leading the team with a +24 rating. Finley hasn't said whether or not he plans to forgo his final season at North Dakota and turn pro, but even if he does the towering defenseman is likely to need 50-100 games of NHL experience before he's NHL ready.

Capitals Prospects Updates

He will never play in the NHL in any kind of important role. No way, can't see it.

If you go to his hockey futures you will see that he is probably coming back for his final season.

I posted earlier.

Future

Right now in his development, Finley is still pretty raw and the Caps are likely to allow him to play out his collegiate eligibility before bringing him into the system. Finley will likely develop in Hershey for a season or two once he does turn pro.

If you go to his hockey futures you will see that he is probably coming back for his final season.

I posted earlier.

I'm sure DC SportsClown and and the HF contributor talk to George McPhee daily :glare:

We'll see if Joe is back next year - I doubt it - it looked like he was already gone in March/April.

It's time for him to move on.

They become a free agent on August 1st I beleive. Just like Porter last year when the Blackhawks didn't sign him and he signed with St. Louis

You become a Free Agent the year your class graduates (this year 2008) on or after August 15, 2008.

Guys eligible this year include Rylan Kaip (only drafter senior) with JPL, Bina and Radke.

I was over on the Blues website and it's kind of funny how some of them are all paniced(sp) that Oshie still might decide to come back to school being he hasn't signed yet :D if only that were the case, he will be gone :glare:

I am beting he is gone, there is no way Sioux fans will be that lucky.

If you recieved all the sanctimonious crap that he received from the "sioux fans" would you want to come back? Shoot, his "fans" at least those on this board had him tried, found guilty and shot before anyone heard the facts. Heck, with fans like that who needs enemies? What would you do?

Vaht? Are you talking about TJ Oshie?

Ifo so, I'll say it again: Vaht?

If you recieved all the sanctimonious crap that he received from the "sioux fans" would you want to come back? Shoot, his "fans" at least those on this board had him tried, found guilty and shot before anyone heard the facts. Heck, with fans like that who needs enemies? What would you do?

Here we go again? :glare: Thanks for sharing with all of us your wisdom, newbie! If you really think what is posted on these threads is going to sway any underclassman from returning for another year, you are as slow as Bison Dan! To a person who posts on this site, Oshie--the hockey player--is one, if not, the most respected and admired players on the team. Oshie--the college student--has made some less than wise choices...and that is plural. People who cheer for the hockey player also have the right to question the choices of the student/athlete.

Here we go again? :glare: Thanks for sharing with all of us your wisdom, newbie! If you really think what is posted on these threads is going to sway any underclassman from returning for another year, you are as slow as Bison Dan! To a person who posts on this site, Oshie--the hockey player--is one, if not, the most respected and admired players on the team. Oshie--the college student--has made some less than wise choices...and that is plural. People who cheer for the hockey player also have the right to question the choices of the student/athlete.

I bet I could give you a few million reasons why he doesn't care what people like you think about his personal life. It's really sad that you have to dwell on the mistakes of a college kid.

I am pretty sure I didn't say too much about his two incidents. In fact in my opinion they are minor and worthy of little discussion.