SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Bus to Denver

YaneA

Did the buses come back yet?

No. We're still here. Why would we come back early? Went to the sklills competiltion last night which was fun. Didn't go to the Hobey presentation, watched it on tv from Brooklyn's. Plan on going to the game tonight. We leave tomorrow morning.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We're still here. Why would we come back early? Went to the sklills competiltion last night which was fun. Didn't go to the Hobey presentation, watched it on tv from Brooklyn's. Plan on going to the game tonight. We leave tomorrow morning.

There had been talk of the bus members "taking a vote" to consider coming back to GF if the Sioux lost game 1. So I guess that didn't happen.

I'm sure there are variables-what day, what time, where, etc.

We had friends who paid $100 each to get in on Thur. That was upper bowl.

For the championship game, I know someone who sold theirs for $100 each, but the people I saw selling were face value or less right before game time.

I'm curious as to how easily tickets were obtained from scalpers. One report I heard from an ND radio station said seats were going for $200 a pop outside Pepsi Center.

Have a safe trip back, bus riders (and other Sioux travellers).

Yes, I will confirm that tickets were $200 from scalpers. That was for the nosebleed section- ONE game. We purchased two tickets at club level on ebay for $820. We were going to buy three "cheap" seats for the kids once we got there. So after driving all night long- 14 hours / 950 miles, my husband and the littlest kid sat at Brooklyn's to watch the game while our two other children sat in the expensive seats. I sat in the nosebleed section with a lucky find of a face value ticket. I guess we are a bit mad about the Sioux.

After the heartbreaking loss, my husband sold the championship tickets- all three- for fourty dollars to scalpers. He thought that was better than nothing.

Scalpers were selling from $200-$300 for Thurs. game. I needed 3 tickets and was able to get from 3 different people so had seperate seats in sections 100's, 200's and 300's. I paid $60, $50 and $40 for them. I joined my oldest son during the game in the 100's. My 2nd son in the club level seats was having too much fun recipricating the harassment to a Michagan fan after he had to listen to him during UND's game. Also on Thurs we bought 3 championship tickets together for $40 apeice, first row in 300's. I talked to a UND guy on Sunday's plane ride home. The scalpers were still trying to get $200/ticket even after the Sioux were down 2-0. He went to Broklyn's and finished the game there, he did not get to any of the other games.

Not including the drinking in Denver:

2.5 days of HEAVY boozing on the bus for me, 3 days for the big-timers, and I'm still alive. Great time, minus the crappy roads through the Black Hills to start our journey on Thursday.

And a shout out to the Grafton/Minto bunch(Ernie, Art, Reggie, Jamie?), rock stars, that's all I need to say. If they actually went to McMenamy's last night after we got back, unreal. Hopefully I can drink like that still in 15-20 years.

I'm curious as to how easily tickets were obtained from scalpers. One report I heard from an ND radio station said seats were going for $200 a pop outside Pepsi Center.

Have a safe trip back, bus riders (and other Sioux travellers).

Your instincts about tickets in Denver were right on the mark, MafiaMan. I've never seen anything like it at a Frozen Four. Cheapest opportunity we had before faceoff was $300 for a pair. After driving through a blizzard in Nebraska to get there, we thought about it for a second, then dug in our heels and told the scalpers to get effed. Met many great Sioux fans at Brooklyn's during the game (many filed back in during the 1st intermission). Twenty-twenty hindsight, but in poker terms, that was a good lay down given the hand that played out.

Your instincts about tickets in Denver were right on the mark, MafiaMan. I've never seen anything like it at a Frozen Four. Cheapest opportunity we had before faceoff was $300 for a pair. After driving through a blizzard in Nebraska to get there, we thought about it for a second, then dug in our heels and told the scalpers to get effed. Met many great Sioux fans at Brooklyn's during the game (many filed back in during the 1st intermission). Twenty-twenty hindsight, but in poker terms, that was a good lay down given the hand that played out.

The Sioux fans gathering at Brooklyn's created a supply and demand market that hyped the prices early. Hundreds of Sioux fans getting to the gathering, which was across the street from the Pepsi Center, three or four hours before game time and asking scalpers for tickets they didn't have yet because Colorado fans hadn't got there with their extras to sell.

We got there at 1:45 and the scalpers were asking $250 for upper bowl. We laughed at them as they demanded there were no tickets around.

We waited for local fans and got some for $60 each upper deck. A scalper tried to cut in and offer more but she told him to go away.

Anyone else staying at the Quality Inn think it was a terrible hotel? The website advertised a bar and a free full hot breakfast buffet. They had no bar because they did not have a liquor license because of new recent ownership. You also had to pay for the breakfast buffet. All you got for free was cereal and toast. Also, we had no hot water for all 4 days in either the sink nor the shower. We would call the front desk and complain several times a day and all they would say was either they were under new onwership and there was nothing they could do or since the hotel was full that we just needed to run the water for several minutes until it got warm, which it never did. So I called Choice Hotels and complained and since we had 4 free nights that we used points with, we got 2 nights worth of points back. Will never stay at that hotel again. I am curious as to what other people thought.

Anyone else staying at the Quality Inn think it was a terrible hotel? The website advertised a bar and a free full hot breakfast buffet. They had no bar because they did not have a liquor license because of new recent ownership. You also had to pay for the breakfast buffet. All you got for free was cereal and toast. Also, we had no hot water for all 4 days in either the sink nor the shower. We would call the front desk and complain several times a day and all they would say was either they were under new onwership and there was nothing they could do or since the hotel was full that we just needed to run the water for several minutes until it got warm, which it never did. So I called Choice Hotels and complained and since we had 4 free nights that we used points with, we got 2 nights worth of points back. Will never stay at that hotel again. I am curious as to what other people thought.

The water in our room was so hot, it was dangerous! We had to ask for clean towels but did get them. The vent in our room was black. The ceiling popcorn was sagging in two corners, there was no ice on any of the floors, the elevators were scarey but we were with great Sioux fans!!

Quality Inn was TERRIBLE. probably the second worst part of my trip to denver. I loved this one: checking out after I had given him my credit card he gave me a sheet of paper that said what I owed. (a bill) only there was no signature line or anything so I assumed he was printing off a copy for me to sign. So I proceed to stand there a good few minutes when finally he's like, "will you sign that?" i just looked at him with this are you effin' kidding me? look. seriously... that was ridiculous if you want something signed that doesn't have a line that says signature... you should at least tell them to sign the bottom of the sheet. (sorry had to vent)... additionally, we had no towels, and no remote for a tv that turned on with the maximum volume blaring. Also, the maid service came to our room at 11:30 at night... and wouldn't make the beds if we left "personal belongings" on it... meaning if you left a pillow of your own on the bed it would stay unmade. that hotel was terrible. i'm glad I didn't spend much time there.

Um, yeah. Our toliet didn't work from the time we got there in the first room. They attempted to fix it and overflowed it and then used our towels to mop it up and were shocked when we asked for more! The maid left a note after it stopped working again that read "DON'T FLUSH DON'T WORK". Nothing else was said until it overflowed again and they sent up maintenance who informed us that we would have to switch rooms We did get a discount for having to move, but I mean c'mon!

The only negative things I have to say about the hotel were the lack of the bar and the ice machine's fiasco. Our room was a little warm, but open the window and we were good. The other Sioux fans we talked to seemed to have it worse than we did.

But, according to the restaurant staff, the previous owner ran the hotel into the ground and then sold it off. He proceeded to take some of the coffee pots, clocks, and remotes from rooms.

Personally, I thought the breakfast was very good. 2 omelete's and a glass of milk for $11-$12 with our coupons they gave us. The restaurant staff appeared to be trying a lot harder than the hotel staff IMO.

We were with Al's bus and also stayed at the LOW Quality Inn.

Dirty room, no ice, it was non-smoking but we had smoke coming through the vents in the bathroom and the main room. My sons room had a broken remote and no clock. He took the phone book off the shelf in the closet and was rained on by dust bunnies!

Not going to ever stay there again.

That sucks about the hotel. We stayed at the Doubletree, about a twenty dollar cab ride to the Pepsi Center, and they were great. The NCAA Powerlifting Championships were going on there as well, which made for some interesting elevator and lobby B.S. sessions. I didn't know such an event existed....they didn't know about our little party, either. :silly:

That sucks about the hotel. We stayed at the Doubletree, about a twenty dollar cab ride to the Pepsi Center, and they were great. The NCAA Powerlifting Championships were going on there as well, which made for some interesting elevator and lobby B.S. sessions. I didn't know such an event existed....they didn't know about our little party, either. :lol:

Our group was at the Doubletree as well. We were more than pleased with the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff (at least the ones we spoke with), were very nice and more than accomodating. (The warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in were awesome!!) Our room had a very nice view of downtown Denver, as well as the mountains. (We actually thought the gal that made our reservations was lying to us about the mountain view, that is, until the smog cleared a bit on day #3. :silly: )The sports bar and Starbuck's right in the lobby didn't hurt either! Both came in handy on more than one occasion. All-in-all, we had a lot of fun in Denver.