SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Bus to Denver

YaneA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still looking for rooms downtown, I just got a room at the Grand Hyatt for $120 through Priceline.

I had looked for a 3-star hotel last night and went as high as $110 but then was locked out for 24 hours. I tried again tonight, selecting 3-star and bid at $120 and the offer went through. This is a very nice 4-star hotel, 1 block off of the 16th street mall and just a short and free bus ride to the end of the mall where you can walk to the Pepsi Center. Last spring I was at the regional and stayed at the Holiday Inn, which is now a Crowne Plaza, that's about 3 blocks further away from the Pepsi Center and using the bus down 16th worked extremely well. Didn't need a rental car.

Thanks to Bob in Wisconsin for clueing us in on the Priceline trick. I had never used it until last weekend to get a room for Madison. That worked extremely well as we got the Madison Concourse for $58 and walked to the arena. Turns out the team was there too. It worked so well I was anxious to try it again.

Sparky

Congrats! Glad it worked out, and looks like they upgraded you from a 3* to a 4*. I've stayed at a few Grand Hyatts through PL and never have been dissapointed. Per their website, they are getting $229 for Friday night and $309 Saturday night, not a bad deal for you! By the way, it was nice to meet you in Madison!

Again, for all of you taking the charter with no tickets in hand. Do not panic. I wouldn't waste time on EBAY, and razorgator, and places like that where you will end up paying all sorts of handling fees and shipping. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF TICKETS FLOATING AROUD BEFORE THE GAME. Believe me, you will feel stupid if you buy tickets online, and then when you get there see how many tickets are available. The reason I know this is from my own experience. If I should happen to go to Denver, it will be without tickets in hand. I have no doubt that I will be able to pick them up outside the Pepsi Center. Keep another thing in mind. If the Sioux should happen to win Thursday, there will be two other teams heading home. Alot of the fans from those teams leave as well, and sell their tickets right after their team is done. With no Colorado teams being in it, tickets for Saturday's game will be going pretty cheap I would think. Seriously folks, tickets are not something to stress out about. Just get on the bus and get to Denver if you can.

Again, for all of you taking the charter with no tickets in hand. Do not panic. I wouldn't waste time on EBAY, and razorgator, and places like that where you will end up paying all sorts of handling fees and shipping. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF TICKETS FLOATING AROUD BEFORE THE GAME. Believe me, you will feel stupid if you buy tickets online, and then when you get there see how many tickets are available. The reason I know this is from my own experience. If I should happen to go to Denver, it will be without tickets in hand. I have no doubt that I will be able to pick them up outside the Pepsi Center. Keep another thing in mind. If the Sioux should happen to win Thursday, there will be two other teams heading home. Alot of the fans from those teams leave as well, and sell their tickets right after their team is done. With no Colorado teams being in it, tickets for Saturday's game will be going pretty cheap I would think. Seriously folks, tickets are not something to stress out about. Just get on the bus and get to Denver if you can.

What the hell is this "IF" stuff. Where are your true colors. I know they probably don't have an Italian Moon for your pre-game ritual, but this is the Frozen Four. GO SIOUX!

I agree with folks saying that there will be plenty of tickets on the street. However, I also think that the crunch will be a little tighter this year than normal. It is in Colorado, a vacation destination itself rather than St. Louis, Columbus, or Milwaukee. More importantly, perhaps, everyone wants to move to Colorado. The state is no doubt jammed with transplants from Michigan, North Dakota, and even Massachusetts. Notre Dame has an alumni legion all of its own. It will be interesting to see how many of them, many monied up, turn up and out. After all, it may be Notre Dame's only trip to the Frozen Four for the next thirty years. Michigan, as I understand, travels fairly well.

There will be tickets. I am just not so sure that they will be as free flowing and available under cost as some folks think. With only one ticket for admission to the Thursday games, that one may be particularly tight. The Saturday action should open up a bit with folks stepping off the ride after the semi-finals.

Here is saying that Sioux fans will be coming to, be in, and around, Denver all weekend, all the way through picking up the trophy Sunday night.

What the hell is this "IF" stuff. Where are your true colors. I know they probably don't have an Italian Moon for your pre-game ritual, but this is the Frozen Four. GO SIOUX!

Well, I'm going to have to start crappin' hundred dollar bills real soon, or I'll be wathing it from my living room.

Just spoke to Al and he's ready to close out the list for Denver and take only 1 full, fan bus, leaving at 7 a.m. Wednesday, April 9. He still might add a 2nd bus but only if there's a huge clamor for it. He also said he hasn't been able to score tickets so we might be on our own there.

If you want to go to Denver with us, call Al right now.

BUMP

ok.... That answers the when, but it does not answer the where and when are we returning.

That's all I know for certain.

When I took the bus to Columbus, we left from the Engelstad Arena and left our cars there. I heard we were coming back Sunday but that's not a for sure.

Al said we leave 7 a.m. Wednesday from the Ralph. I asked him if he was sure we could leave our cars there what with the curling tournament going on and he said we could. I'm not good with directions but I believe we always park on the Northeast(?) side. About the return, I haven't heard.

UPDATE ON AL's BUSES:

For those of you riding the bus, the rooms are now available at the Quality Inn. To secure your room call 1-877-634-9434, menu prompt 2 and give the customer service rep the following code: GRJTTN. We are registered under AL PEARSON GROUP. All you will need to do is give your name and credit card number to reserve the room. You have until 3:00 Monday to reserve the room. Al will be contacting everyone this weekend to make sure that those without computers are taken care of.

Al would also like to inform everyone that they (because of curling at the Ralph) will now be leaving from the new county jail parking lot at the fairgrounds. Bus loads at 6:30 am and leaves at 7:00 am sharp.

UPDATE ON AL's BUSES:

For those of you riding the bus, the rooms are now available at the Quality Inn. To secure your room call 1-877-634-9434, menu prompt 2 and give the customer service rep the following code: GRJTTN. We are registered under AL PEARSON GROUP. All you will need to do is give your name and credit card number to reserve the room. You have until 3:00 Monday to reserve the room. Al will be contacting everyone this weekend to make sure that those without computers are taken care of.

Al would also like to inform everyone that they (because of curling at the Ralph) will now be leaving from the new county jail parking lot at the fairgrounds. Bus loads at 6:30 am and leaves at 7:00 am sharp.

I called and gave them the code and they said it was for the "Pepsi center team travel group". I told them it was for the AL PEARSON group and they did not know what i was talking about. They also said that the rooms were booked from 9 Apr -13 Apr. We should not be getting there until the 10th right. Am i missing something here?

I called and gave them the code and they said it was for the "Pepsi center team travel group". I told them it was for the AL PEARSON group and they did not know what i was talking about. They also said that the rooms were booked from 9 Apr -13 Apr. We should not be getting there until the 10th right. Am i missing something here?

It is probably correct, the hotel probably has the name of the group messed up, the bus is leaving wednesday, and is stopping in deadwood, and it should arrive on thursday which is the 10th, so you are fine.

..the rooms were booked from 9 Apr...

It is probably correct, the hotel probably has the name of the group messed up, the bus is leaving wednesday, and is stopping in deadwood, and it should arrive on thursday which is the 10th, so you are fine.

:lol: But, we don't need the rooms on the 9th.

You are correct it is not under Al Peason group but PEPSI CENTER TEAM TRAVEL GROUP. It really shouldn't matter though as long as you have the code which is GRJTTN. Tell them you want the room from the 10th (Thur) to the 13th (check out). A handful of rooms are reserved for Wed-Sun for those of us driving or flying so make sure you get the Thur - Sun rooms.

You are correct it is not under Al Peason group but PEPSI CENTER TEAM TRAVEL GROUP. It really shouldn't matter though as long as you have the code which is GRJTTN. Tell them you want the room from the 10th (Thur) to the 13th (check out). A handful of rooms are reserved for Wed-Sun for those of us driving or flying so make sure you get the Thur - Sun rooms.

Done! The rep said the check-in date was movable to the 10th. Everyone needing one of these rooms needs to call with credit card info on or before April 7. My total was $248.48.

How are we handling the Deadwood stopover?

All right, just called and i am all set. They gave me the option of 2 double beds or 1 king size. I am traveling by myself, so i took the king. Thanks