SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

I'm with you AZ. I am almost beside myself waiting for the puck to drop. I don't want to start drinking yet. I went for a jog, made bacon and eggs and a pot of coffee.

Sioux have to be ready to pummel these Badgers. Show the footage of Jones holding off two badgers by himself during the scrum.

We need to take the crowd out of this game fast.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up in the student section a few rows below the band. OUCH!! The BADger fans are enthusiast but are so busy with their chants and dances that I don't think they're really following the game. The majority seem to be responding to whats going on in the stands and the songs the band plays rather than what's happening on the ice.

BUT I have to give it to them they are LOUD!!! I have to miss the game tonight because of that darn ol' J O B but I hope there's a much quieter BADger fan base tonight!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

OK I am not very wise on how college hockey lines go but here is what I found for tonights game. Can someone explainto me so I understand better.

07:00 pm aaMidwest Regional Final- Kohl Center-Madison, WI373374Wisconsin (NCAA Hockey)North Dakota (NCAA Hockey)AA+160-1905O -110U -110

Saw you on TV Sioux-cia!

Did anyone see my wife and I on tv? :ohmy: I guess we were on in the 3rd period. Staying at the same hotel as the team and was in the lobby this a.m. with Bina's and TJ's dad. Fans and players look confident. Badger Fans are loud but feel once we get that lead, it will silent the Red.Go Sioux!

OK I am not very wise on how college hockey lines go but here is what I found for tonights game. Can someone explainto me so I understand better.

07:00 pm aaMidwest Regional Final- Kohl Center-Madison, WI373374Wisconsin (NCAA Hockey)North Dakota (NCAA Hockey)AA+160-1905O -110U -110

Doesn't look like it lined up correctly when you posted it, but here is my best guess.

Wisconsin +160

UND -190

O/U 5

That means that the Sioux are favored to win. You bet $19 to get $29 back(win $10).

to bet the Badgers you'd would bet $10 and get $26 back(win $16).

The over/under is 5 goals, you bet whether they combined score will be over or under 5. Bet $11 to get $21(win $10).

I believe this is how it works.

Totally agree. But I was actually wishing for another shot at Denver. Payback game like vs. Minny at the West regional last year. Now you get an upstart, confident Bucky team at home waving the no respect card. Still with that being said this is a team UND should beat tonight!

Make no mistake here, the Wisconsin team that beat Denver yesterday is a Wisconsin team that has not shown up earlier this season. They kicked Denver in every phase of the game. They were very physical and really began pounding the snot out of Denver in the second period. Connelly stood on his head a number of times yesterday. The question will be whether he can string two games in a row like that. If we see the Sioux team that played Princeton, we could be in big trouble. If we see the Sioux team that beat CC last Saturday, we will be fine.

The Kohl Center was far from a sellout last night. We will have to see what happens tonight, but many of these WI fans are fair weather fans. The ones seated behind us last night didn't even know the WI players names. They simply had to refer to the jersey number.

Doesn't look like it lined up correctly when you posted it, but here is my best guess.

Wisconsin +160

UND -190

O/U 5

That means that the Sioux are favored to win. You bet $19 to get $29 back(win $10).

to bet the Badgers you'd would bet $10 and get $26 back(win $16).

The over/under is 5 goals, you bet whether they combined score will be over or under 5. Bet $11 to get $21(win $10).

I believe this is how it works.

OK you are right it did not line up right but I think you explained it right. I don't know. Thanks for your help.

OK, we are three wins from hanging #8. One game at a time one period at a time. The marathon is nearing the sprint at the end.

Break it down into 9 periods remaining. All we have to do to win is to win 9 periods of hockey. There's a week and a half to recover after this game. Leave it all in Madison.

3 periods, 20 shifts for the likes of the Osh and Duncs. Win each shift, and you win the hockey game.

OK, we are three wins from hanging #8. One game at a time one period at a time. The marathon is nearing the sprint at the end.

Break it down into 9 periods remaining. All we have to do to win is to win 9 periods of hockey. There's a week and a half to recover after this game. Leave it all in Madison.

3 periods, 20 shifts for the likes of the Osh and Duncs. Win each shift, and you win the hockey game.

Very well put. Go Sioux!

Make no mistake here, the Wisconsin team that beat Denver yesterday is a Wisconsin team that has not shown up earlier this season. They kicked Denver in every phase of the game. They were very physical and really began pounding the snot out of Denver in the second period. Connelly stood on his head a number of times yesterday. The question will be whether he can string two games in a row like that. If we see the Sioux team that played Princeton, we could be in big trouble. If we see the Sioux team that beat CC last Saturday, we will be fine.

The Kohl Center was far from a sellout last night. We will have to see what happens tonight, but many of these WI fans are fair weather fans. The ones seated behind us last night didn't even know the WI players names. They simply had to refer to the jersey number.

Exactly. UND now faces a team with a chip on it's shoulder and full of confidence...at home!! This will be a tough one.

Wow, do we have our hands full today. I will be cheering hard for the boys in green. I hope that we can overcome everything such as:

1. Wisconsin home ice advantage - this place will be rockin', and they are playing the rallying underdog role.....a very dangerous combination in my opinion.

2. Hopefully we don't have the NCAA trying to justify the Wisconsin selection into the tourney behind the scenes. What better way to do it then to have Wisconsin in the Frozen Four. The selection process would be vindicated.

3. NCAA and the Sioux nickname issue - I have to believe the NCAA does not want UND on a national stage again in the Frozen Four.

Can you tell I really do not trust the NCAA? :ohmy: Call me jaded, but if we can overcome all of this and win, we will have definitely earned it.

GO SIOUX!!!

Being somewhat cynical and prone to believing in hunches, I'll voice my hunch and stick with it:

Today is our big game.

Last year it was get past BC, get #8. This year, I think UW is our biggest challenge. They simply destroyed DU yesterday.

Not sure if UW wins, they'll win it all, but I do believe this is our biggest challenge. If we win and play Miami, we'll win. If we win and play Michigan, I think we'll win. I think BC is even beatable thanks to Muse's rebounds being bigger than the continent of North America. And we can be Notre Dame as well. It's not going to be a cake walk, but if there is any game in which the outcome is more in doubt for the Sioux, it's today's in my opinion.

Will today's games be televised? Gotta feed my Hockey jones :ohmy: Or are there any bars in the Bismarck area where I can watch?

If you have Direct TV and the sports pack it is on Ch. 609. Maybe someone can jump in about Dish, etc.? I am guessing that The Stadium Sports Bar, BWW, and possibly Ground Round (??) will have it. I also know that there will be a large crowd of Sioux fans at Meriwether's. Not sure about some of the other places in town?

We've never needed to score first more this season. 1. Wisconsin's defensive system is tough to score on if they get a lead. 2. That crowd will be a killer if they go up. 3. we've gotten better, but we are a much better team when playing with a lead than trying to come back (despite our losses to NH, SCSU and MTU).

I'd love to see a four pass goal off the face-off: Oshie to Chorney, Chorney to Duncan, Duncan to Miller, Miller to Oshie 1-0

Smart hockey, play our game. Wisconsin can only win if we allow them to dictate the style and tempo of the game.

I want the checking line and the d-corps with the attitude that if they see someone in a red jersey, that person is on their back.