SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite Sioux Goalie

hermit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Lefty Curran. Because...... 1 - He was one of the Sioux's all time best, 2 - He promotes Sioux hockey all the time, every day, 3 - One of the things that make Sioux hockey special is the high standards and tradition. Lefty is part of the ongoing Sioux tradition, 4 - he's a great human being. This planet's lucky to have guys like Lefty.

I'll go with Lefty Curran. Because...... 1 - He was one of the Sioux's all time best, 2 - He promotes Sioux hockey all the time, every day, 3 - One of the things that make Sioux hockey special is the high standards and tradition. Lefty is part of the ongoing Sioux tradition, 4 - he's a great human being. This planet's lucky to have guys like Lefty.

One of the best posts in this thread for sure...Lefty is the man!

One of the best posts in this thread for sure...Lefty is the man!

And Lefty does have that silver medal from '72...he was no slouch between the pipes.

However, I'll always fondly remember Jon Casey and Steady Eddie as two of the very best to wear Green and White. Though JPL is growing on me. :silly:

Jon Casey's greatest strength was to NEVER allow a rebound to the front of the net. It seemed that he was always able to deflect the puck to the corner.

He also used to come out half-way to the blue line and challenge shooters, too. That was fun to watch.

My favorite is Jake Brandt.

Great guy. Best teammate anyone could ask for.

I also like Eddie Belfour, but that goes back to the days when he played against my brother in PeeWee's and Bantams.

Where in Manitoba are you from?

They're (Siouxmama and brother) from Devil's Lake. I think her brother was on a traveling hockey team..

Yes I am from Devils Lake. Spent alot of time traveling with my brothers hockey team. Those were the days when hockey parents took in kids from the other teams (instead of hotels), so we had many different kids stay at out house. Played the team from Carmen quite often.

I really only know one goalie (Apart from the goalie's over the last 5 or so years that I have been watching Sioux Hockey) and have been LUCKY enough to meet him twice now. What an absolute gentleman and pleasure to spend time with.

Lefty Curran

I am not worthy :angry:

I would say I liked Schweitzer because we won a championship with him. That team he was on basically was the foundation for what we have right now.

I actually liked both goalies from the 1997 team. Schweitzer for stepping in and leading the team to the title and Toby K for graciously accepting his role with the team and not complaining. The picture of Toby on the bench hugging Dean Blais near the end of the Sioux/BU game in 1997 is one I won't soon forget.

Guest federal employee

And one helluva nice kid too.

Jake The Snake he is my favorite goalie! That guy had a lot of class!

I actually liked both goalies from the 1997 team. Schweitzer for stepping in and leading the team to the title and Toby K for graciously accepting his role with the team and not complaining. The picture of Toby on the bench hugging Dean Blais near the end of the Sioux/BU game in 1997 is one I won't soon forget.

I have to agree Toby was a class act he also works great with the youth I remember the summer hockey schools with him as one of the instructors.

Yes I am from Devils Lake. Spent alot of time traveling with my brothers hockey team. Those were the days when hockey parents took in kids from the other teams (instead of hotels), so we had many different kids stay at out house. Played the team from Carmen quite often.

And when was this?