SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite Sioux Goalie

hermit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long ago was that?

I would have to say that I like Karl G and Jordan Parise.

Late 70's - early 80's. Used to come down and stay with my cousin and go to games and then to the "hockey parties" afterwards when I was in high school. I had such a crush on him. Fond memories :D

Bill Stankoven for the Fro. (spelling is off I'm sure.)

More importantly I recall a big series down in Minneapolis to clinch #1 the last weekend of the series. I believe this was his senior season. He hadn't been playing that many games but the coach started him and he pulled off a sweep.

Jon Casey. I've got a picture on my desk of myself at about 5 years old between Casey and Darren Jensen. Just think about all the memories and players the Sioux fans have been lucky enough to be a part of. Think of all the other schools that have no history even close to what the Sioux have.

1) Karl Goehring

2) Lefty Curran

3) Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

The reason I like JP so much is he's like the Brett Favre of college hockey goalies. He does awesome make all these flashy unbelievable goals, but then he does something SOOO dumb you're like, "Is this the same guy?" Being a huge Brett Favre fan, I LOVE watching guys like that, edge of your seat every play.

My favorite goalie of all time would have to be Toby.

But I would say my favorite goalie moment woudl be when Vickar would step in net at the last seconds of warmups when everyone rapid fires all the pucks into the net before clearing off, classic.

I would have to say "Cool Karl." Vickar scared the s*&^ out of me when he was in net during a game! :D

I'm fairly young so I never got to see a lot of the older guys, but i gotta go with Karl. He's the only one I ever had complete confidance in. from Karl to Parise I thought we were always a little shakey in net. Parise was a great goalie and so is Lammy, but they still scare(d) the piss outta me every once in awhile

I would have to say that my favorite is Karl. I loved watching him play. The first time he came in as a freshman (I believe it was in a game at CC), no one seemed to know what to expect except that he was so small. Then he made a lightning fast glove save over his head and a few others and everyone realized that he was going to be something special. Good times. I always had confidence that he would make the saves. I know there are a lot of Parise lovers on the board but I never was comfy with him in the net. He seemed reckless at times and let in some softies. I am too young to remember much about Belfour or Casey or that era of goalies.

I would have to say that my favorite is Karl. I loved watching him play. The first time he came in as a freshman (I believe it was in a game at CC), no one seemed to know what to expect except that he was so small. Then he made a lightning fast glove save over his head and a few others and everyone realized that he was going to be something special. Good times. I always had confidence that he would make the saves. I know there are a lot of Parise lovers on the board but I never was comfy with him in the net. He seemed reckless at times and let in some softies. I am too young to remember much about Belfour or Casey or that era of goalies.

my thoughts exactly, Parise would make great save after great save and then let in the easy ones

1) Karl Goehring

2) Lefty Curran

3) Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

The reason I like JP so much is he's like the Brett Favre of college hockey goalies. He does awesome make all these flashy unbelievable goals, but then he does something SOOO dumb you're like, "Is this the same guy?" Being a huge Brett Favre fan, I LOVE watching guys like that, edge of your seat every play.

I knew there was a reason that I liked you. :D