SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak Suspended Two Games

CASiouxfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are spot on....the newspaper in the city in which I live had Hak's suspension on the front page of the sports today. Keep in mind that they seldom report a Sioux score, included nothing on Duncan winning the Hobey or anything discussing the Sioux players helping out in Northwood. But one little screw up by the coach and that is headline news....I want to cancel my subscription!

Did Hak make a mistake....of course he did, in one moment he reacted before thinking. It happened, he apologized...get over it! I have had the opportunity to meet Hak on several occasions - his demeanor, his actions, his poise, his character, represent UND in the highest regard.

What a joke...this is such a "non-event".

I'm guessing the temps up in GF have finally reached the Old Nick's home. It has officially frozen over and I'm finding myself in "agreeance" with "The Triouxper".

As far as this being a "non-event", I don't know about that, but it sure is fuckin' funny. :lol:

Yes, that's what it seemed to me too. It seemed like WDAZ apologized for letting us listen in, when obviously that stuff was going to happen. Even so, I was quite young and my parents were not very happy at all. I just find it a little funny that they can say whatever they want to the ref, even when you can hear them or read their lips, but when it comes to saying the same exact thing with a finger, uh oh, watch out.

gott grow up sometime :D the worst was woog and mansuckface all night. from the duncan check from behind calling that a lack of conditioning to everything else they spit out :lol: tools

Living in Fargo now for 10+ years, there are few people I know in town who take McFeely as credible. He is a talking head who knows little about what he comments on for the most part. His print should really be in the ed-op section of the Forum. Have run into him on a couple of occasions in social settings and is one of those individuals who thinks he is all that and a bag of chips. If you don't tell him how good a "journalist" he is, he will at some point!!

Your right Oxbow6 McFeely isn't credible and for he life of me I can't figure out where his venom for UND comes from? Another great rant by Mcfooley.

McFeely is a self-important, Dan Barreiro or Mike Royko wannabe. The problem is that he is not witty, really knows nothing about most sports outside of golf, and is a poor journalist. He's a two bit sports writer that will never come close realizing his own inflated perception of himself.

I don't think McFeely is worthy of sniffing Barreiro's shorts. Barreiro is at least witty and interesting.

Your right Oxbow6 McFeely isn't credible and for he life of me I can't figure out where his venom for UND comes from? Another great rant by Mcfooley.

The issue I have is that in whatever profession you are in, you need to be credible and reliable in your approach to the job/task at hand. There is no question that McFeeely, per his own print over the years, has some type of bias against UND. Now, was he far off on his piece today...not really. But as a "journalist", you have an obligation to get facts right every time. Guess work and biased opinions should not be the standard in "reporting". He occasionally has some good thoughts but tends to lose me with stretched facts and less than unbiased opinions.

I agree. I would have expected Kupchella to reiterate that Hakstol's action was out of line with how the university want sto represent itself, and to support the AD's decision to go with the suspension. Adding the additional spanking to Hak seemed like Kupchella needed a "Hey, I can lay down a heavy hand too" moment to show how tough he can be.

Hakstol has been a first class representative of this university from all I can see, and Kupchella should have treated him as an adult, not a misbehaving child.

Hakstol acted like a misbeahaving child and that is how he was treated. Hakstol created the problem not the media, not Brekke, Kupchella. As all misbeahaving children they apologize once they are caught. This was far from out of character for Hakstol.

Hakstol acted like a misbeahaving child and that is how he was treated. Hakstol created the problem not the media, not Brekke, Kupchella. As all misbeahaving children they apologize once they are caught. This was far from out of character for Hakstol.

And you know this how?? Are you Hak's barber?? I think the suspension is just. I think UND did the right thing by acting first. Kupchella hasn't pounded his chest like this since... :D ? Easy to make a stand as the door is about to close.

And you can come out of your glass house any time you want. :lol:

Hermit, are you saying it is "in" character for Hak? By saying it was "far from out of character," I seem to read that as "in character?" Nothing could be further from the truth, if that is what you are claiming here.

I have known Hak for quite a few years, and I can attest that his actions were very much out of character for his usual behavior. He is a respected person, at the rink and away from the rink. He lost control of his emotions for a few seconds, and now he is paying the price. Let's move on and let him move on now also.

So Bobby Knight quit, I guess he can't keep up with the infamous Dave Hakstol anymore :lol::D:lol:

I see a link here:

Feb 2 - Dave Hakstol fingers the ref during the UND/MN Hockey Game.

Feb 4 - Dave Hakstol is suspended for two games.

Feb 4 - Bobby Knight announces his resignation from Texas Tech after pondering the UND situation all day on Feb 3.

Now - fast forward to the Denver series:

Feb 15 - Bobby Knight makes guest bench appearance as temporary coach on UND's bench

Feb 16 - Bobby Knight suspended from the WCHA indefinitely for :

a) grabbing a player by the face mask while he chews him out

b) throwing a locker room chair across the ice to get the refs attention

c) verbally abusing Forum pseudo-columnist McFooley

d) berating the ref for allowing the Gwoz to make inappropriate squatting motions on the dasher

e) sending out the whole UND bench to do a "Prpich" on the Denver team

f) all of the above

Feb 17 - Dave Hakstol is reinstated to his full coaching responsibilities and all is happy in Siouxland again.

:D

What do you want? What punishment, in your opinion, fits the 'crime'? What other indiscretions has Hak done to support your statement that 'This was far from out of chaacter for Haksktol'? Not your opinion, but actual events.

HAK MADE A MISTAKE!! We know that, he apologised, he's being punished. We don't all agree on the punishment. It's a done deal. Why keep slinging mud??

Here's what I don't get Hermit, and feel free to correct me:

I just sat here reading your posts and I've noticed that most if not all of your posts on this topic are consisted of you talking down about Hakstol(your right to do so) and the UND program(again, your choice).

Yet, when someone decides to refute(sp?) your claims with facts or counter-arguments, you ignore it and move on to your next negative post.

I'm all for you speaking your mind on a message board like this, but if you're going to start by writing negative comments(Hakstol) and assinine statements(Oshie), you should be adult-enough to listen and respond to the arguments from people on the other side of the fence, including myself, instead of making your next negative post about Hakstol, the team, or UND for that matter.

Have a Wonderful Day.

I see a link here:

Feb 2 - Dave Hakstol fingers the ref during the UND/MN Hockey Game.

Feb 4 - Dave Hakstol is suspended for two games.

Feb 4 - Bobby Knight announces his resignation from Texas Tech after pondering the UND situation all day on Feb 3.

Now - fast forward to the Denver series:

Feb 15 - Bobby Knight makes guest bench appearance as temporary coach on UND's bench

Feb 16 - Bobby Knight suspended from the WCHA indefinitely for :

a) grabbing a player by the face mask while he chews him out

b) throwing a locker room chair across the ice to get the refs attention

c) verbally abusing Forum pseudo-columnist McFooley

d) berating the ref for allowing the Gwoz to make inappropriate squatting motions on the dasher

e) sending out the whole UND bench to do a "Prpich" on the Denver team

f) all of the above

Feb 17 - Dave Hakstol is reinstated to his full coaching responsibilities and all is happy in Siouxland again.

;)

Dont call it that :lol:

Here's what I don't get Hermit, and feel free to correct me:

I just sat here reading your posts and I've noticed that most if not all of your posts on this topic are consisted of you talking down about Hakstol(your right to do so) and the UND program(again, your choice).

Yet, when someone decides to refute(sp?) your claims with facts or counter-arguments, you ignore it and move on to your next negative post.

I'm all for you speaking your mind on a message board like this, but if you're going to start by writing negative comments(Hakstol) and assinine statements(Oshie), you should be adult-enough to listen and respond to the arguments from people on the other side of the fence, including myself, instead of making your next negative post about Hakstol, the team, or UND for that matter.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Great post.

Hermit, are you saying it is "in" character for Hak? By saying it was "far from out of character," I seem to read that as "in character?" Nothing could be further from the truth, if that is what you are claiming here.

I have known Hak for quite a few years, and I can attest that his actions were very much out of character for his usual behavior. He is a respected person, at the rink and away from the rink. He lost control of his emotions for a few seconds, and now he is paying the price. Let's move on and let him move on now also.

I've gotten to know Hak personally and I'll echo OBG's words: this is as far removed from what Dave is as the east is from the west. When he said in his public apology that he was embarrassed, he meant it. This is not a coach you'll see standing on the boards whining about a call, or going postal on an official in the tunnel .

Dave Hakstol's character is, from my personal experience, of the highest magnitude.

What's a letter of reprimand supposed to say?

- You did this.

- Why it was improper.

- You need to learn from it.

- Don't let it happen again, or ...

- There will be further consequences.

At least that's what each one I've written says. :lol:

Hey, he made a mistake. He owned up to it.

I'm more interested now, not in the mistake, but what he does after it. In some ways he now is in a unique position to improve some things at UND and in the WCHA. Yeah, sounds crazy doesn't it. Wait, we could be surprised.

I truly never expect to see something of this nature again from Dave Hakstol. He seemed to get away from himself Saturday. Various external forces (some spontaneous, some staged) were acting on him and the emotions we knew were in there somewhere showed up, albeit in a less than "made for prime time" form.

I'm sure Dave isn't happy with himself for losing his cool and effectively letting Adam, and McLeod and Shepherd, win that battle. That battle is lost, que sera sera; Dave Hakstol looks to win wars.

I think we have just found the username under which McFeely-Touchie posts on this forum.

What's a letter of reprimand supposed to say?

- You did this.

- Why it was improper.

- You need to learn from it.

- Don't let it happen again, or ...

- There will be further consequences.

At least that's what each one I've RECEIVED says. :lol:

Hey, he made a mistake. He owned up to it.

I'm more interested now, not in the mistake, but what he does after it.

I edited your post in the interest of honesty for you.

It's going to be a standing joke for years, but aside from that Hakstol made a mistake in the heat of the moment, apologized and is willingly facing the serious consequences of the matter.

I'm not going to hold it against him one bit.