SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awhile back on another thread I predicted we would win the next 6. That has come and gone so I will add 2 and make it 8 which will be 4 sweeps in a row and 9 wins. Watch out here come The Fighting Sioux

Were holding you to that. ???

I can't predict much more than a split for our boys. reason being I think in order to sweep the gophs in their rink you have to be playing at the top of your game and last night proved we're doing that yet despite winning seven in a row. we've had issues this season coming out ready for games and matching the other team's intensity level and you know the gophs are going to come out flying this weekend as they are a desperate team. I don't think getting dominated by the last place team in the league on your home ice puts you in great postition to go into your biggest rivals home rink and sweep them.

Just in case anyone still needs accomodations. This place in downtown Minneapolis has been won on Priceline for $50/night for this upcoming weekend. It may go as low as $45/night. I've stayed here several times, and it's a nice place. Convienient to shopping, train to MOA, and not far from the arena. Parking is $17/day, but you can probably find cheaper in the neighborhood.

http://minneapolis.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

So this has nothing to do with the Gopher series specifically, but does anyone know why Snider hasn't dressed as the third goalie for home games? What's the harm in him dressing?

Probably needs the weekend to heal the bruises from being a puck target all week :angry: .

Yeah, I don't know why they don't dress him either, maybe they have a max number of players they can have dressed? You would think they'll get him in sometime, he deserves it.

Probably needs the weekend to heal the bruises from being a puck target all week :angry: .

Yeah, I don't know why they don't dress him either, maybe they have a max number of players they can have dressed? You would think they'll get him in sometime, he deserves it.

I don't think it is because of too many players because 4 players sat at home when Grieco played and it is 4 players and Landon now.

I'm excited to see UND on a big ice sheet again as I think they play better on it. Although, the Sioux got a split against Clown, I thought it was the best puck-moving effort for a series this year. The Sioux have the speed and skill that is accentuated with a little more room on the ice. i expect Duncan to have a big weekend even though there hasn't been any evidence to back that up. Oshie will also have a monster series as this will be his last series at the John in his college career and he seemed to have the injuries behind him and was the man last weekend. Stats show that 3 goals is what you need against the Goofs and a goal or two deficit going into the 3rd isn't a sure loss with their history of metldowns in the last frame. Hopefully, the Sioux will breakout exactly like last year in Mpls and elevate their game for the rest of the season.

Go Sioux!

I'm hoping that the rivalry between the teams will bring out the best of our boys. The Gophers are struggling right now. That should work to our advantage and the week end should end with a Sioux sweep. Unfortunately, our boys, too, are struggling at times but, for the life of me, I don't understand why. The talent of our players should be visible every time they hit the ice. It's not. :angry:

I'm excited to see UND on a big ice sheet again as I think they play better on it. Although, the Sioux got a split against Clown, I thought it was the best puck-moving effort for a series this year. The Sioux have the speed and skill that is accentuated with a little more room on the ice. i expect Duncan to have a big weekend even though there hasn't been any evidence to back that up. Oshie will also have a monster series as this will be his last series at the John in his college career and he seemed to have the injuries behind him and was the man last weekend. Stats show that 3 goals is what you need against the Goofs and a goal or two deficit going into the 3rd isn't a sure loss with their history of metldowns in the last frame. Hopefully, the Sioux will breakout exactly like last year in Mpls and elevate their game for the rest of the season.

Go Sioux!

let's avoid the arrests of last season though. :angry:

Go Sioux!

The big ice should favor the Sioux, especially the Watkins-VV-Kaip line who should be a bit faster than their opponents. I look for the DOK line to notch a couple as well, as Duncan is great at finding the open spot, Kozek has the cannon, and no one can seemingly stop Oshie's stick work with the puck. He is amazing to watch.

With another stellar performance from J-P between the pipes, it's quite possible for the Sioux to take home 4 points from next weekend.

That being said, I'd be much more comfortable to see the team forecheck a whole lot better than last weekend, and not play as flat in the neutral zone either.

Let's go Sioux! 4-2 (empty net), 3-1

Sweep!

Oh...one other thing.... Gophers suck! :angry:

Why does he deserve to dress? Can't your logic be applied to pretty much every player, ever?

Just a little Wooger-ism I picked up watching the 2nd Gopher -Wisc game.

After Wisc scored their first goal.

Wooger,

"It's a tough job to referee, but I tell you, you gotta give the visiting team, if there's an edge, you gotta give them the little bit that you can because they got alot of things to fight through. So if you're going to move the peg just a little bit, move it in favor of the visiting team. That's why coaches lose hair and that's why coaches go in booths."

I love Tivo! :angry:

I hope he remembers this next weekend!!! :D

As much as I would love to see a sweep, my bet would be a split. But 2 road points and 4 home points per series the rest of the way puts us at 38. Would get us 3rd and possibly 2nd with a sweep of DU at home. Just trying not to get too greedy.

Well there should not be any 180' goals this weekend, I doubt Frazee will get a start, Kangas has been pretty solid so far. A part of me is afraid to play the Sioux right now with the roll they are on but the Gophers seem to FINALLY be playing with some heart, so it could make for an interesting weekend.