SiouxSports.com Forum

BEYOND THE POND with Puffy

Oxbow6

Back to what this topic is about...Dubay is Very correct in a couple things he said. The Sioux have not had an impressive win in their nine game unbeaten streak. Getting three points in Minneapolis means absolutely nothing. The Gophers DO NOT score. And when he said that Oshie and Duncan have to do more he was also very correct on that. Duncan is no where to be found on the ice, and as soon as Toews left, he should have went too. Duncan's year last year was a product of playing with Oshie and Toews.

I won't say i don't think the Sioux will make the Frozen Four because Phil can keep winning games for them. That and Miami just proved they are average and the WCHA really is not that good this year. Mankato is in fourth or fifth and for god sakes you have all watched them play. CC is the only bonified "Good" team in the league. Denver was, but then Trotter left. Offense won't win the Sioux games this year, Goaltending will have to win the Tourney for them.

So what you are saying is that college hockey in general is down this year and that is who's fault?? You can only play and win the games that are on your schedule. Mankato must really suck because 3 consecutive sweeps in the WHCA is easy to do. :silly: And UND's sweep at Mankato was a given because Mankato sucks. :lol: The WCHA has 6 of the top 11 in the pairwise, but the WCHA sucks this year. :huh: You continue to drool all over yourself with these retarded comments. Give some teams some credit for what they are doing to win games. It has been well documented that scoring is down in the WCHA. Is that Duncan's fault? Or Oshie's? The goaltending in this league this year has been about as good night in and night out as I have seen...period. If CC is the only "good" team in the WCHA, then they and Michigan must be the only 2 "good" teams in the country?? Now is defense UND's strength?? At this point yes, but it seems to be that way for most WCHA teams. Why?? I don't have a definite answer but a few thoughts as to that. If UND is 8-0-1 in their last nine league games and again 6 of the top 11 teams are out of the WCHA, I would say regardless of what is perceived as "impressive" wins, UND has done basically all they can do in the 9 game stretch.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with the general feeling of your post. I'm not ready to call out any specific player yet as most of the upper classmen (with the exception of JPL) seem to be underperforming - or at least according to our expectations of this year, not playing to their potential. :silly:

I like Duncan. Duncan is a very good player. Duncan seems to be a very good person too. Thank god he did what was best for the team and came back. Unfortunately, the best move for him as an individual, would have been to jump ship after last season. Everyone here remembers Bryan Lundbohm. Lundbohm left early because he realized that he would never duplicate the stats he had playing with Jeff Panzer that year. Most people must have realized that Toews/Oshie were responsible for much of Duncan's success. Once again, don't jump all over me because I like Duncan and he knows how to score when he gets the puck around the net which is a gift. However, he for the most part is not the type of player that creates his own shot, he needs to be set up.

I like Duncan. Duncan is a very good player. Duncan seems to be a very good person too. Thank god he did what was best for the team and came back. Unfortunately, the best move for him as an individual, would have been to jump ship after last season. Everyone here remembers Bryan Lundbohm. Lundbohm left early because he realized that he would never duplicate the stats he had playing with Jeff Panzer that year. Most people must have realized that Toews/Oshie were responsible for much of Duncan's success. Once again, don't jump all over me because I like Duncan and he knows how to score when he gets the puck around the net which is a gift. However, he for the most part is not the type of player that creates his own shot, he needs to be set up.

Funny Shawn-0 Funny --------

he obviously thought a national title was as important to him as other things, thats a teammate right there in every sense. im not gona worry about tj or ryan. we havent lost in 9 games and who cares who scores the goals to win. never understaood that. they do much more than score goals or get assists out there. once again, toews is gone, hes not coming back and yes he was a bad ass player along with ryan and tj but we have what we have and thats a damn balanced team which we havent seen in a while. the scoring is down all over the wcha, not just the sioux. this is a damn good team with a goalie that has played himself into hobey contention and a nice solid defense. oshie and duncan will lead this team to denver. go sioux and trust me, things could be way worse than sitting 2nd in the wcha, 3rd in the natio polls and 6th in the pairwise rankings :lol:

Puffy just said "Closed circuit to Grand Forks, you will run this Pioneer team out of town next weekend." on his show. He sure does have a huge bias against UND and sure can't say anything good about them. :silly:

Puffy's just trying to give the ol' "kiss of death". :lol:

Quite a story about the FSN crew coming back from Baudette. Their minivan rolled four times by Blackduck (30 minutes north of Bemidji) after hitting a snowbank that blew over the road. Everyone's OK. Yikes.

I would hope that when they got out they did one of those Mary Lou Retton Ta Da's!

Not getting any easier for the Gophers:

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_8220941

On top of that, they might have to try to start climbing from those depths against Wisconsin in two weeks without sophomore forward Jay Barriball. Barriball, the team's leading scorer as a freshman, suffered a badly sprained left ankle Friday night and may or may not be back by then.

Without Barriball, the Gopher's offensive weapons are really getting limited.

Quite a story about the FSN crew coming back from Baudette. Their minivan rolled four times by Blackduck (30 minutes north of Bemidji) after hitting a snowbank that blew over the road. Everyone's OK. Yikes.

wow thats bad, ive been in a roll over like that. no fun and your life flashes before you pretty damn fast. glad they are all ok

Man, they drove with the tow truck all the way back to the cities. I can't believe how lucky these guys are, rolled 4 times and no injuries. I've seen a lot worse happen with lesser accidents. Thank God they were belted. Often times in rollovers the occupants are ejected, then rolled over with their own vehicle.

Man, they drove with the tow truck all the way back to the cities. I can't believe how lucky these guys are, rolled 4 times and no injuries. I've seen a lot worse happen with lesser accidents. Thank God they were belted. Often times in rollovers the occupants are ejected, then rolled over with their own vehicle.

yeah very lucky, when i rolled a toyota camry we hads 5 in the car, no seat belts and 2 in front seat. not a good combo for staying alive and nobody was hurt after rolling 3 times into the desert. glad the fsn peeps are ok. very scary to hear about

Without Barriball, the Gopher's offensive weapons are really getting limited.

Getting?:silly:?

They were already limited.

Now it is worse.

I'll be pilloried for this, but I'm starting to feel sorry for the Gophers. They were thin with early departures, their incoming freshmen haven't panned out as well as they were predicted to (but man, you cna't expect too much from most freshmen in the WCHA), and now the injury bug has set in big time.

:silly:

Oh well, somebody has to feel sorry for them. Their own fan base is also starting to hate them!

On guard there Mike and Sioux-cia. There is no reason or need to feel sorry for the Gophers. They are a WCHA team and, by this very definition, are always dangerous until dead for the season. Like many a wounded rodent, they will rise up to fight until their last breath. Ever corner a rat in an empty potato warehouse? The Gophers just entered that warehouse and are scurrying to the corner darkness, being chased there by all remaining opponents.

The Gopher faithful would never feel sorry for the Sioux. I, for one among many, will never feel sorry for the arrogant jersey-popping fair-haired golden boys. Never. Consider yourself pilloried.

On guard there Mike and Sioux-cia. There is no reason or need to feel sorry for the Gophers. They are a WCHA team and, by this very definition, are always dangerous until dead for the season. Like many a wounded rodent, they will rise up to fight until their last breath. Ever corner a rat in an empty potato warehouse? The Gophers just entered that warehouse and are scurrying to the corner darkness, being chased there by all remaining opponents.

The Gopher faithful would never feel sorry for the Sioux. I, for one among many, will never feel sorry for the arrogant jersey-popping fair-haired golden boys. Never. Consider yourself pilloried.

What does pilloried mean? :lol: (too lazy to look it up myself :silly: )

AMEN, NDH. Especially the last paragraph.

I started feeling a little sorry for them back in the late 1990's and what happened? They soon won 2 NCAA's (puke). I won't make that mistake again.

That had to be expensive to take tow truck back to the cities. Good thing no one was hurt...