SiouxSports.com Forum

BEYOND THE POND with Puffy

Oxbow6

I have never met redwing77 before. After reading his takes on here, I would buy him a beers to listen to his opinions on various hockey subjects. I may not agree with everything he would say but, I know I would be enlightened, educated and enjoy my next hockey game even more after the chat.

Now that is just plain scary. ???

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Puff some credit guys - After tonights game is this team looking anything close to winning the frozen four? I think that JPL is!! Puffs is a creditable source of hockey media and has reasons for his opinions - lack of supremacy over any ranked team - and his analysis of the Sioux has nothing to do with Minney at all - though it may after next weekend! Sioux are doing good right now against some fairly soft oppenants and building up some steam, hopefully JP and the rest of the Sioux can works some magic next weekend! Go Sioux

Was buzzing around Fargo this morning when I caught "Beyond the Pond" with Puffy and his crew. Puffy said there was not much of chance that UND could get to the Frozen Four this year. ??? He figured UND would be a 2, possibly a 3 seed in the big tourney. JPL is ok, not great, in net and not getting enough from Osh and Dunc. :angry: Also thought Duncan made a mistake coming back this year. But his Fluffiness thought that the Gophs still could get home ice for the first round of the WCHA? :huh: I must admit I caught bits and pieces, but it was obvious he thought after the 2 Colorado schools, everyone else was pretty close in the league. Did anybody else catch this??

Edit: Jeff "Puffy" Dubay of KFAN radio

Did you also hear that he got an invitation to Derrick Shepperd's son's birthday party next week? lol

Nice shout out to BB, Redwing77.

Radio personalities are different than experts. Woog is an expert, Lou Nanne is an expert. Jeff Dubay is an entertainer, just like a clown in the circus or a poodle in a dog and pony show.

I agree. It's similar to when Looker announced the Holy Cross score during the Gophers/Sioux series in Grand Forks. Both Looker and Dubay can be viewed as entertainers and that's why I don't understand why we some of our fans are getting excited about this.

Didn't get a chance to read through all of this, so I don't know if someone touched on this. How can someone who professes to know so much about college hockey say that they would be shocked if the Sioux made the Frozen Four. As a Sioux fan, having watched a ton of WCHA hockey over the years, I would not be shocked to see any top 5 WCHA team make the Frozen Four. So how can he in good conscience say that a top 3 WCHA team that according to him before the season had the most talent in the league, and has played the toughest schedule in the country would be a shock to make the Frozen Four? He changes opinions more than the wind and then passes himself off as an expert. First the Vikings were going to win 9 or 10, then they would only win 4 or 5, then he thought they would make the playoffs. I hate to tell him, anyone could be an expert by changing with the wind.

Didn't get a chance to read through all of this, so I don't know if someone touched on this. How can someone who professes to know so much about college hockey say that they would be shocked if the Sioux made the Frozen Four. As a Sioux fan, having watched a ton of WCHA hockey over the years, I would not be shocked to see any top 5 WCHA team make the Frozen Four. So how can he in good conscience say that a top 3 WCHA team that according to him before the season had the most talent in the league, and has played the toughest schedule in the country would be a shock to make the Frozen Four? He changes opinions more than the wind and then passes himself off as an expert. First the Vikings were going to win 9 or 10, then they would only win 4 or 5, then he thought they would make the playoffs. I hate to tell him, anyone could be an expert by changing with the wind.

I'm sure his odds have dropped even more for UND since they moved up to #3 in both polls this week :angry::D

He must be reading INCH. They were so impressed with Minnesota's loss and tie with Wisconsin that they moved them up 3 spots in their power rankings this week to #14.

It is A point closer to securing home ice.

He must be reading INCH. They were so impressed with Minnesota's loss and tie with Wisconsin that they moved them up 3 spots in their power rankings this week to #14.

thats a joke itself :angry: sorry inch but how the hell do you move up 3 spots after a loss and a tie to a team that wasnt ranked the week before :D lay off the sauce when doing the rankings sunday night

I don't know who this Puffy character is but I am willing to bet at some point in his childhood his dreams for his beloved Gophers were crushed by the Sioux. Furthermore, I don't know how credible he is as a sportswriter but he seems to get a thread on this site from time to time which maybe has him believing he is credible and that he is on to something. In conclusion, I say who cares what a Gopher fan has to say about the Sioux, I think his own team has given him plenty to write about.

I don't know who this Puffy character is but I am willing to bet at some point in his childhood his dreams for his beloved Gophers were crushed by the Sioux. Furthermore, I don't know how credible he is as a sportswriter but he seems to get a thread on this site from time to time which maybe has him believing he is credible and that he is on to something. In conclusion, I say who cares what a Gopher fan has to say about the Sioux, I think his own team has given him plenty to write about.

Puffy = puffin%20with%20dinner.jpg

I see he's back on his seefood diet...he SEES IT...he eats it...nyuck, nyuck!

and thats what this thread is for, college hockey talk regarding puffman

its a great rivalry and fun to hear the golden child himself talk out of his azz, hes a funny guy :angry:

Yup...I would put his hockey expertise on par with Sid Hartman and I sure wouldn't get too worked up over what he says...

Yup...I would put his hockey expertise on par with Sid Hartman and I sure wouldn't get too worked up over what he says...

Ummmm. no you are way off base there. Sid knows nothing about college hockey. Puffy knows a lot but is a Gopher fan, hence we don't like him. At least he is willing to talk college hockey or the Fan would have no coverage of it at all. I have net Puffy a few times, he is a dink but give him credit for at least promoting college hockey.