SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ray77

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

At this point, all we can do is cheer for Nashville to outshoot Pittsburgh...

#DaveKGoalieClub

and they did 24-22. Murray becomes only the third rookie to get a shutout in the Stanley Cup finals. 

46 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

and they did 24-22. Murray becomes only the third rookie to get a shutout in the Stanley Cup finals. 

Rookie?

I guess technically but if you lead your team to a cup the year before, you probably shouldn't count as a rookie. 

4 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

24-22, you sure about that? You might want to check again because the box score I looked at had them at 24-24.

They must of corrected it because when I checked when game was over it was 24-22. Doesn't matter. Murray got the shutout. 

31 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

They must of corrected it because when I checked when game was over it was 24-22. Doesn't matter. Murray got the shutout. 

Pittsburgh has yet to outshoot Nashville in a game in this series though!  :lol: 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but Nashville has not outshot them in every game like Washington did (by an average of about 10 shots per game). Not to mention the Caps are vastly superior to the Preds, but they're in the toughest division and had to face the best goalie in the world in the 2nd round.

Fleury isn't in the top ten for any goaltending category during the regular season, but the Murray was. Fluery isn't even the best goalie on his team.

Toughest division? That division is is a two team division, Capitals and Penguins, everyone else is just bystanders. 

49 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

That will be proven next year when whatever team Fleury goes to improves drastically while the Pens struggle just to make the playoffs.

Imagine the improvement of the Golden Knights. From 0 wins this season to who knows how many next year!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but Nashville has not outshot them in every game like Washington did (by an average of about 10 shots per game). Not to mention the Caps are vastly superior to the Preds, but they're in the toughest division and had to face the best goalie in the world in the 2nd round.

LOLWUT?

56 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Fleury is way better than Murray. That will be proven next year when whatever team Fleury goes to improves drastically while the Pens struggle just to make the playoffs. Fleury is the best goalie in the NHL, while Murray is maybe somewhere towards the lower portion of the top 50.

Every team has at least one goalie better than Murray, some teams have two. He's about as good as Jeff Zatkoff. Putting all of their eggs in one basket with this kid will be the downfall of the franchise. I can only hope that Tristan Jarry develops quickly enough to make the Murray era as short lived as possible.

Three of the top four teams in 2016-17 came from the Metropolitan Division (Washington, Pittsburgh, and Columbus). Yes, the Bue Jackets had the 4th best record in the NHL. So Fleury beat two of the top four teams in the playoffs while Murray has faced far lesser opponents in Ottawa and Nashville.

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Roosevelt83 said:

That will be proven next year when whatever team Fleury goes to improves drastically ... 

Pretty safe call there, eh.
I'm guessing the team Fleury ends up with can only go up in wins from this year's ... zero. ;) 

• Upvote 2

I believe that game last night solidified that Crosby is the best player in the world at the moment.  Blown away how good he played last night.  I still remember hearing when he came to GF for his visit.  Boy would that have been cool if he would have played here.  He receives a ton of criticism on this forum however I think folks should just sit back and appreciate the player we are watching.  He's generational for sure.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I believe that game last night solidified that Crosby is the best player in the world at the moment.  Blown away how good he played last night.  I still remember hearing when he came to GF for his visit.  Boy would that have been cool if he would have played here.  He receives a ton of criticism on this forum however I think folks should just sit back and appreciate the player we are watching.  He's generational for sure.

The problem with Crosby is that his attitude and behavior distract from what he does on the ice. Wayne Gretzky was a phenomenal once-in-a-lifetime talent, but was considered a gentleman on and off the ice. That is why very few people (outside of the Bobby Orr groupies) dislike him. Crosby should just focus on playing the game the best he can and stop with the antics.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The problem with Crosby is that his attitude and behavior distract from what he does on the ice. Wayne Gretzky was a phenomenal once-in-a-lifetime talent, but was considered a gentleman on and off the ice. That is why very few people (outside of the Bobby Orr groupies) dislike him. Crosby should just focus on playing the game the best he can and stop with the antics.

He's night and day better than he used to be when he was younger and he's perfect off ice.  This guy takes so much shi!t on the ice, I'm fine with him pushing back here and there. When he was younger he was constantly whining to the refs, he's so much better now.  All players whine to the refs.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Folks, experience is all that matters to our good friend.  He probably thinks Tom Barrasso should still be in between the pipes while that young whippersnapper Fleury waits his turn.  

Guys guys guys Dave is watching these games in 320p in his moms basement 27" tube book shelf tv. He can't tell the difference between fleury and Murray you can't blame the guy!

Brilliant move (or non-move) by Sullivan coming back with Murray for game 5. I'm sure there was a lot of outside pressure to go with the best goalie in the world, but he made the right call. His team responded nicely.