SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

That 3 game kick in the nuts losing streak to end the year for WMU must have been really painful.

It really did seem like they went on a skid after looking like they would be a 1 seed.

UMD, DU's B team, Air Force...then everyone leaves? 

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

With all of the openings out there this season, it will be interesting to see if Dane Jackson gets a look anywhere. Hope we keep him, but he could be a good head coach somewhere.

IF Jackson were to get another job. Any idea who we would see get added to the staff? Shaw seemed like the exception to UND usually getting UND alumni. Does UND have many coaching potentials working their way up the ranks?

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

IF Jackson were to get another job. Any idea who we would see get added to the staff? Shaw seemed like the exception to UND usually getting UND alumni. Does UND have many coaching potentials working their way up the ranks?

Only one that stands out in my mind is Erik Fabian. 

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Only one that stands out in my mind is Erik Fabian. 

Yeah, that was about the only name I could think of too. Was hoping there might me some more.

Obviously, just want the best coach for the job (whenever that may be), but it is always fun to bring in alumni with ties to the program.

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

I don't know, any reason for Jost to stay if Boeser and Poganski leave?

How about Mismash or Gersich. Those are pretty solid reasons, if you looking for someone to play with.

How about that loss to BU in double OT? That's a decent reason to come back.

Money talks, but I see Jost coming back next year.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

His age.
If he's not in the NHL he's not in the AHL but in MJ. 

But I was addressing the premise that if a couple guys leave, why stay because you won't be nearly as good.  Development is one reason to stay, as is school, which is partly why you went that route in the first place. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

But I was addressing the premise that if a couple guys leave, why stay because you won't be nearly as good.  Development is one reason to stay, as is school, which is partly why you went that route in the first place. 

He'd be playing for the Regina Pats...

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

How about Mismash or Gersich. Those are pretty solid reasons, if you looking for someone to play with.

How about that loss to BU in double OT? That's a decent reason to come back.

Money talks, but I see Jost coming back next year.

His mom was pretty adamant that Joe Sakic wants him badly, but hopefully the development and another year of education wins out over somebody trying to get more wins no matter the cost.  Just pointing out that a few guys don't make up a team and shouldn't be the sole reason whether guys come back or not, be it here or Western Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

His mom was pretty adamant that Joe Sakic wants him badly, but hopefully the development and another year of education wins out over somebody trying to get more wins no matter the cost.  Just pointing out that a few guys don't make up a team and shouldn't be the sole reason whether guys come back or not, be it here or Western Michigan. 

Agreed. If you think you are coming back to have a down season, that could certainly play a factor. At the same time, UND has been a tourney team and won 20+ games for the last 15 years. Pretty much anyone who ever comes back (drafted or UFA) comes back knowing they have a chance to compete for a title. I think if Jost goes, it will not be based on what a few of his teammates do.

I'm sure Sakic wants him bad, but hopefully lets Tyson do what he thinks is best without too much pressure. Playing MJ vs college is a real possibility he will have to consider; though I think he would make the team out of camp. I also think that we he picked college over MJ, he knew he was likely in it for 2 seasons. Nothing to based that on, just my opinion. Jost also seem so impressed early in the season by UND and fans, I think he really enjoyed the season, team, culture, etc. and would give it one more go.

Again, all speculation. Obviously only 1 person out there that has any sincere idea of what will happen, and that is Jost. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

The cupboard at WMU will be a little bare in comparison to some of the talent still around or coming at UND

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. If you think you are coming back to have a down season, that could certainly play a factor. At the same time, UND has been a tourney team and won 20+ games for the last 15 years. Pretty much anyone who ever comes back (drafted or UFA) comes back knowing they have a chance to compete for a title. I think if Jost goes, it will not be based on what a few of his teammates do.

I'm sure Sakic wants him bad, but hopefully lets Tyson do what he thinks is best without too much pressure. Playing MJ vs college is a real possibility he will have to consider; though I think he would make the team out of camp. I also think that we he picked college over MJ, he knew he was likely in it for 2 seasons. Nothing to based that on, just my opinion. Jost also seem so impressed early in the season by UND and fans, I think he really enjoyed the season, team, culture, etc. and would give it one more go.

Again, all speculation. Obviously only 1 person out there that has any sincere idea of what will happen, and that is Jost. 

... and he might not even know yet! :0