UND Fan

2017 UND Recruiting

1,530 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The constant spin on every bit of info from their fans in as dizzying as it is pathetic

What's funny is they lose two senior RBs who play alot.  So getting JJ would actually be perfect timing for them. :0

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........anyone remember Ryan Chappel?

JJ is a little taller. 35 lbs heavier. And as fast.

JJ is 6'1" and 230..........he has run a sub 11.00 second 100M. 

  

If und puts john out wide where he was recruited to play, UND could pound the sh$& out of the ball with Brady 5'10" 225 and JJ 6'1" 230.   Wow this is exciting. JJ could easily be the state of North Dakota's best ever recruit.  He has a quick step for lateral moves, great speed off the edge and the size to bulldoze.   

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Wow this is exciting. JJ could easily be the state of North Dakota's best ever recruit.   

It's good to be excited, but we may need to pump the brakes a bit here. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard he liked UND's Business School.

Yes, let's not go the opposite of Bisonville and put the kid out there as the GOAT. It's a GREAT addition to the program at a great time.  August can not come soon enough.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Sicatoka said:

So would this JJ fellow come in as a freshman behind two juniors (5, 22) this fall? 

He'll be a sophomore eligibility wise. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's good to be excited, but we may need to pump the brakes a bit here. 

Yeah, there was a guy back in the day who was pretty good too. I believe his name was Jimmy Kleinsasser.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

If und puts john out wide where he was recruited to play, UND could pound the sh$& out of the ball with Brady 5'10" 225 and JJ 6'1" 230.   Wow this is exciting. JJ could easily be the state of North Dakota's best ever recruit.  He has a quick step for lateral moves, great speed off the edge and the size to bulldoze.   

Slow down a little, he hasn't played a snap in a real game in college, and he is better than kleinsasser and wentz for North Dakota recruits?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

So now the narrative is that NDSU didn't want him and they only want kids who put in the time with them.  

Ya know, like King Frazier.

Well that is different because they recruited Frazier out of high school and were familiar with him. 

 

Oh wait....

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my question is to some people on here that want to move Santiago in my opinion you are crazy that kid is a all American talent and move him to the slot because of what you

might get in JJ but with him and the other 2 running backs you have you can have a hell of a power running game I was up there this year for a 2 games and it was the first tome since muss was there and WOW what a difference and with adding JJ if he turns out to be a good player the rest of the big sky is in trouble.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........anyone remember Ryan Chappel?

JJ is a little taller. 35 lbs heavier. And as fast.

JJ is 6'1" and 230..........he has run a sub 11.00 second 100M. 

  

I am not saying NDSU didn't want him or wouldn't tale him, but lets not get crazy. The kid is talented but the only reason that he is transferring is that he is apparently not good enough to see the field at the U or Minn.  He is at least 4 or 5 on the RB depth chart there. He will not be a program changer at RB at either NDSU or UND, He will be a part of the rotation. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Santiago was recruited by UND as a ______.
Circumstance during fall camp during his freshman year had him move to ______. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Slow down a little, he hasn't played a snap in a real game in college, and he is better than kleinsasser and wentz for North Dakota recruits?

It'll take two or three snaps before that happens. ;):)

But yes, many here are in need of serious brake-pumpage. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read JJ's UM bio. His uncle played for NDSU (and I do believe I've met the uncle). 

JJ's dad played college football at Jamestown College. Seems there's a coach on UND's staff that also played there. I wonder ... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

John Santiago was recruited by UND as a ______.
Circumstance during fall camp during his freshman year had him move to ______. 

I honestly don't know what he was recruited at but he is in my opinion one of the top 10 to 15 running backs in the nation why eve think about screwing with that I know JJ may be good but you know what you have in Santiago a flat out stud that would start dam near anywhere

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I am not saying NDSU didn't want him or wouldn't tale him, but lets not get crazy. The kid is talented but the only reason that he is transferring is that he is apparently not good enough to see the field at the U or Minn.  He is at least 4 or 5 on the RB depth chart there. He will not be a program changer at RB at either NDSU or UND, He will be a part of the rotation. 

Maybe the kid got homesick and/or didn't like the big campus/big city life? Some North Dakota kids don't function well in larger metro areas like MSP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Sicatoka said:

I trust Bubba and his staff.
They'll put the right players in the right places. 

And this is a good problem to have.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this increase our chances of knocking off Utah? Maybe we run a wildcat offense with 3 backs.:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, timbo said:

I honestly don't know what he was recruited at but he is in my opinion one of the top 10 to 15 running backs in the nation why eve think about screwing with that I know JJ may be good but you know what you have in Santiago a flat out stud that would start dam near anywhere

100%. Santiago is a top ten back in the country and so is Brady. Neither of them are moving from running back. Yes Jon should play some out of the slot but he needs 15-20 carries a game. Id like more screens and swing passes out of the backfield with him.

There is no way on earth the coaches are remotely considering moving a guy on pace to break the rushing record at UND away from running back.

Lets drop the Santiago to WR stuff...ain't happening nor should it. He might line up some outside but the guy is an ALL AMERICAN running back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's good to be excited, but we may need to pump the brakes a bit here. 

Either JJ or Greg eslinger would be the top recruited high school seniors out of ND. Wentz and kleinsasser ended up being very very good players but were not as highly recruited.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now