SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO HOCKEY TICKETS?

Anybody else having trouble trying to purchase tickets, you call the number and they say tickets cant be purchased over the phone, then they offer you a ticketmaster number, call that and they say tickets are not on sale yet for this event. STAY CLASSY MAVS

• Upvote 2

I called the league office in Colorado Springs this morning and complained about the ticketing process described above and had a call back from the UNO ticket office within an hour.  I then bought tickets for each night over the phone.  A lot of hassle.  I let the league office know that them not selling tickets online for this series was BS and they seemed to agree, but don't know if I was talking to anyone in any kind of position of authority.  Its bad for the league if they don't want us filling up their stadiums.  Without us, they don't have a league.  League needs to discourage this kind of behavior by the teams. 

Too bad UNO doesn't try to schedule the UND series back at Centurylink.  Last year they had 10 to 11 thousand there each night and I think it was fun for their team to play in front of that many.  And they gave the Sioux all they could handle.  Sioux came out of it with one win and they were lucky to get that.  Sioux fans spent a lot of money in downtown Omaha that won't be spent this year.

• Upvote 3

Its bad for the league if they don't want us filling up their stadiums.  Without us, they don't have a league.  

How is it bad for the league if UNO sells out their stadium to UNO fans?  That's the only reason the tickets are so hard to get. 

I don't have a problem with them selling the place out, but they shouldn't restrict us from buying the remainder on a first come first serve basis online the same as all the rest of their home games.  If their season ticket base drops off in the future, they will want us back as customers - or at least the people who are in charge of the budgets will. 

• Upvote 1

UNO is just oozing insecurity and inferiority here.  This really is shameful.  Heck, they made the FF without such ridiculous gimmicks.  I hope the restrooms overflow and the fans get food poisoning on opening night.  Karma can be a b****.

Better still is the irony that the state of Nebraska pretty much perfected (invented?) the practice of filling opposing teams' football stadiums with red.  Funny how the People of the Corn can dish it out but not take it.

UNO is just oozing insecurity and inferiority here.  This really is shameful.  Heck, they made the FF without such ridiculous gimmicks.  I hope the restrooms overflow and the fans get food poisoning on opening night.  Karma can be a b****.

Better still is the irony that the state of Nebraska pretty much perfected (invented?) the practice of filling opposing teams' football stadiums with red.  Funny how the People of the Corn can dish it out but not take it.

theyre also oozing in money from 90% season ticket rate and an on campus arena where they get all the profits. 

Not sure I understand the outrage. Baxter Arena isn't that big to begin with. If you are going to fill your arena with people, wouldn't you rather have as many home team fans filling the arena as possible?

Does the home team school provide the away team school an allotment of tickets as well? That could be another option as well besides the secondary market(unless of course, this allotment doesn't occur or if it is just available to UND season ticket holders).

Either way, it's the inaugural season of their arena. The novelty will wane.

• Upvote 1

theyre also oozing in money from 90% season ticket rate and an on campus arena where they get all the profits. 

"On campus."  You're no Rand McNally, are you?

Besides, what's your point?  That the economic model justifies questionable ticket sale practices?  That UND has a raw deal with the Ralph?

Let's just leave it at this:  there is obviously something green under Omaha's skin and in its head.  :)

Not sure I understand the outrage. Baxter Arena isn't that big to begin with. If you are going to fill your arena with people, wouldn't you rather have as many home team fans filling the arena as possible?

Does the home team school provide the away team school an allotment of tickets as well? That could be another option as well besides the secondary market(unless of course, this allotment doesn't occur or if it is just available to UND season ticket holders).

"Outrage" is a touch strong.  I think it perfectly fair to call out a tacky, bush league move for exactly what it is.  Denver didn't exactly get any love last year either for pulling the same nonsense.  And they had the novelty of a new coach.  

I had an OMAHA fan tweet me and apparently, UNO fans  are butt hurt because UND fans bought up their ticket allotment for the Frozen Four.

Maybe the Omaha fans will find it a bit tougher to get tickets at REA this year.  Not that it matters, as the two of them should still be able to sit together. :)

I am all for it.  You could raise the price of visitor ticket prices.

Edited by Goon

I had an OMAHA fan tweet me and apparently, UNO fans  are butt hurt because UND fans bought up their ticket allotment for the Frozen Four.

Quinnipiac, Michigan Tech and St. Cloud didn't get seem to mind when it happened during the Regionals....

• Upvote 1

I don't know. The Tampa Bay Lightning seemed to have a lot of success with this tactic during the Stanley Cup Finals. They won 1 out of 3 games at home...

They only banned opposing team jerseys in the suites and club level.  The rest of the arena was open to any fan that could buy a ticket.

You're correct that they couldn't wear Blackhawk apparel in the suit/club level by they also restricted online sales to residents outside of Florida. I believe they did the same thing to Ranger fans in the conference finals however I'm not sure they restricted Ranger fans from wearing Ranger clothing in the suite level.

Quinnipiac, Michigan Tech and St. Cloud didn't get seem to mind when it happened during the Regionals....

As a fan base, they seem a bit touchy, they kind of remind me of SCSU fans in the early 2000's.

• 1 month later...