SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

The legal system is the entity that gave the players a slap on the wrist, if you want to issue blame at least do it in the correct place.

You're right. The courts were the only entity with the power to punish players. Coaches, athletic directors, presidents, etc. can't do anything!! I don't even want to get this going again. It's only a matter of time before another incident comes up and we can do this all over again!!

• Upvote 1

Bob Stroup Jr.

I was attending UND then and two of my friends were very close to this...he kicked down a door and pulled a knife on a girl who was hanging out with my best friend. He was dismissed from the team very quickly.

Point being UND dealt with it swiftly. I have still not seen any examples...

I would expect nothing less in terms of the previous reactions by NDSU supporters. With that being said, I believe the issues regarding player behavior at NDSU have been more prevalent and significant than such issues at UND. For example, UND in my opinion has had no incidents in the past 10 years which compare to the Best Buy and signature forging incidents that occurred in Fargo. This is not an excuse for poor football performances as I have been critical over the past couple of seasons of the coaching and program leadership. With that being said, I do not believe NDSU's football program is greater than UND's program in all aspects.

If NDSU supporters wish to continually proclaim their overall dominance so be it; they are in a position as back-to-back champions where they can get away with that. However, such success will not last forever and UND's course of development allows them to consistently improve. In other words, NDSU won't be #1 forever and UND will not be non-playoff contender forever, and it may happen sooner than NDSU fans want to think.

So there is an NDSU problem around 5 months ago, and he brings up something that happened in 2008??

He set the criteria at 10 years, not me.

I was attending UND then and two of my friends were very close to this...he kicked down a door and pulled a knife on a girl who was hanging out with my best friend. He was dismissed from the team very quickly.

Point being UND dealt with it swiftly. I have still not seen any examples...

You're right. The courts were the only entity with the power to punish players. Coaches, athletic directors, presidents, etc. can't do anything!! I don't even want to get this going again. It's only a matter of time before another incident comes up and we can do this all over again!!

Why would the team enforce a more harsh punishment than the legal system deemed necessary? You guys wouldn't have been happy unless they were all dismissed from the team.

Terrorizing by 1 player > Petition Fraud, Best Buy Theft Ring, Indecent Exposure by what 20 players total? Yeah not a good comparison...try again Bison06.

Pay attention darell, he said I can't think of one example. I provided one, end of story.

All of those players outside of the petition fraud(misdemeanor) were immediately dismissed from the team, not sure how they are relevant in this conversation of NDSU running a "dirty program".

Pay attention darell, he said I can't think of one example. I provided one, end of story.

All of those players outside of the petition fraud(misdemeanor) were immediately dismissed from the team, not sure how they are relevant in this conversation of NDSU running a "dirty program".

I love that...outside the petition fraud. Because the petition fraud only interfered with the what 300,000+ voters of the state its not like its a sex or alcohol crime. So that makes them perfect angels? You provided an incident 4 years ago, and look at the crap that has happened at your school since 2008. NDSU isn't a dirty school...only its football team is dirty.

I would expect nothing less in terms of the previous reactions by NDSU supporters. With that being said, I believe the issues regarding player behavior at NDSU have been more prevalent and significant than such issues at UND. For example, UND in my opinion has had no incidents in the past 10 years which compare to the Best Buy and signature forging incidents that occurred in Fargo. This is not an excuse for poor football performances as I have been critical over the past couple of seasons of the coaching and program leadership. With that being said, I do not believe NDSU's football program is greater than UND's program in all aspects.

If NDSU supporters wish to continually proclaim their overall dominance so be it; they are in a position as back-to-back champions where they can get away with that. However, such success will not last forever and UND's course of development allows them to consistently improve. In other words, NDSU won't be #1 forever and UND will not be non-playoff contender forever, and it may happen sooner than NDSU fans want to think.

No no, the question was one example where UND took no action. UND took swift and immediate action with that douche stroup.

Where in the above post do you see him referencing incidents that went unpunished? He was referencing players getting in trouble and used the example of the Best Buy incident, where all of the players were immediately dismissed from the team.

Where in the above post do you see him referencing incidents that went unpunished? He was referencing players getting in trouble and used the example of the Best Buy incident, where all of the players were immediately dismissed from the team.

He is saying there isn't a bunch of UND players causing havoc in the city. UND had one guy so that equals the one guy that exposed himself at the mall. But at least Best Buy welcomes UND players at their store where NDSU players are searched on their way out.

I love that...outside the petition fraud. Because the petition fraud only interfered with the what 300,000+ voters of the state its not like its a sex or alcohol crime. So that makes them perfect angels? You provided an incident 4 years ago, and look at the crap that has happened at your school since 2008. NDSU isn't a dirty school...only its football team is dirty.

Whatever helps you get through the day as a UND football fan darell. You live in a black and white world and that's fine, but in my world there are grey areas.

I am not saying they are perfect angels, but if having players get in trouble with the law makes a program dirty than every program in the nation runs a dirty program.

Based on the information I had on the situation(petition), would I have liked to see a 1 game suspension? Yes. But I only have the information that was available in the media. Based on Coach Bohl's track record in disciplinary issues, I trust his judgement.

Whatever helps you get through the day as a UND football fan darell. You live in a black and white world and that's fine, but in my world there are grey areas.

I am not saying they are perfect angels, but if having players get in trouble with the law makes a program dirty than every program in the nation runs a dirty program.

Based on the information I had on the situation(petition), would I have liked to see a 1 game suspension? Yes. But I only have the information that was available in the media. Based on Coach Bohl's track record in disciplinary issues, I trust his judgement.

Then how would you explain Gene Taylor's comments to the press..."there will be NO suspensions, its not like its an alcohol or sex crime". If that doesn't say, "hey I need these players to get me another title and we are above the law", then I must be mistaken.

Then how would you explain Gene Taylor's comments to the press..."there will be NO suspensions, its not like its an alcohol or sex crime". If that doesn't say, "hey I need these players to get me another title and we are above the law", then I must be mistaken.

If you want to continue to avoid the facts to feed your agenda then I will discontinue this discussion.

Please respond to this direct question:

NDSU knew about the petition issue in August, before the Robert Morris game. Agreed?

If they felt the players deserved a suspension, they could have done it right then and there without affecting the outcome of the season. In fact, both Marcus williams and Sam Ojuri sat the entire second half of that game anyway.

Don't you think it is more likely that they felt, after discussing the issue with legal counsel, that the crime simply didn't warrant a suspension? You and I can have our opinions on whether or not that is true, but as an outsider I have to believe that they just didn't think that what they were accused of deserved punishment.

If you want to continue to avoid the facts to feed your agenda then I will discontinue this discussion.

Please respond to this direct question:

NDSU knew about the petition issue in August, before the Robert Morris game. Agreed?

If they felt the players deserved a suspension, they could have done it right then and there without affecting the outcome of the season. In fact, both Marcus williams and Sam Ojuri sat the entire second half of that game anyway.

Don't you think it is more likely that they felt, after discussing the issue with legal counsel, that the crime simply didn't warrant a suspension? You and I can have our opinions on whether or not that is true, but as an outsider I have to believe that they just didn't think that what they were accused of deserved punishment.

Yeah because to an outsider voter fraud is no big deal. I'm done...anyone else want to chime in.

I am done here as well, point has been proven.

Yeah because to an outsider voter fraud is no big deal. I'm done...anyone else want to chime in.

It's funny to me that you guys take the time to actually say you are done. Would have more of an impact if you would just stop posting don't you think?

Good luck with your upcoming recruiting class fellas. It'll be interesting to see how these classes turn out for both NDSU and UND.

... today.

The ND Secretary of State and ND Attorney General are looking to have the crime redefined as a C felony during this legislative session.

You should close this thread Sica, it's run its course and is turning into the usual pissing match.

• Upvote 1