SiouxSports.com Forum

14 y/o Sioux Fan diagnosed with leukemia

Bob in Wisconsin

Thank you, PSB!

diggin42, my wife and I really like those charities. Tonight, I donated to CaringBridge. You can easily do this from Nick's site. I wish the NCAA could understand what it means to be a Fighting Sioux. Sweaty eyes, again.

taz

I lost my father many years ago to cancer. Since then two of my favorite charities have been St. Jude and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. St. Jude has a special place in my heart for all the children it treats. There is nothing as unfair in life as for a child to have to battle this disease. A friend of mine recently lost his daughter to cancer and on behalf of her and Nick I will be making an extra contribution to St. Jude. I also made a donation to CaringBridge, that is a wonderful site.

Thanks to Bob and especially PSB for stepping up and making this happen.

Thanks to Bob and Pete for getting the ball rolling on this. You guys are great.

I make a monthly donation to St. Jude's, and have given memorials to CaringBridge. They are awesome, and help so many people.

This is one of the situations where we all need to "Pay It Forward", for the good deeds Bob and Pete did.

I hope all works out and Nick and his family and friends can watch the game tonight.

GO SIOUX!!

Nick's satellite system has been installed!

Now it's all up to the MIGHTY Sioux to give us a sweep tonight!

Thanks again to ALL Sioux fans as they are the real hero's here, this must go down as one of my best days in satellite. I wish I could install for Sioux fans everyday!

I did warn Nick however not to touch the dish as he may be electrocuted, not to stand under the dish in case it falls and generally to keep away from it as the Rain Shield coating may be TOXIC :angry:

And what a nice family he has, I felt kind of bad lifting some ornaments and valuables that were just lying around this time?

To be serious for a moment Nick's a wee fighter and he is going to be kicking some serious butt here, you guys are amazing, the support shown here by the Sioux community would bring a tear to a glass eye ???

GO NICK

GO SIOUX!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fgv_t3M_P4g

Thanks again to ALL Sioux fans as they are the real hero's here, this must go down as one of my best days in satellite. I wish I could install for Sioux fans everyday!

I did warn Nick however not to touch the dish as he may be electrocuted, not to stand under the dish in case it falls and generally to keep away from it as the Rain Shield coating may be TOXIC :angry:

And what a nice family he has, I felt kind of bad lifting some ornaments and valuables that were just lying around this time?

To be serious for a moment Nick's a wee fighter and he is going to be kicking some serious butt here, you guys are amazing, the support shown here by the Sioux community would bring a tear to a glass eye ???

GO NICK

GO SIOUX!

That is awesome PSB! Glad it went well, thanks so much! Great video too!

I did warn Nick however not to touch the dish as he may be electrocuted, not to stand under the dish in case it falls and generally to keep away from it as the Rain Shield coating may be TOXIC :D

To be serious for a moment Nick's a wee fighter and he is going to be kicking some serious butt here, you guys are amazing, the support shown here by the Sioux community would bring a tear to a glass eye :angry:

GO NICK

GO SIOUX!

you are completely awesome Psb. Great people like you don't come along that often and I wish that they did. I hope that when Nick is feeling better that he can get up to GF for a game.

As do I. They started taking me to UND hockey when I was 6 weeks old. :angry:

My son was born Sept 17 and went to his first game at 19 days old.

It was the last season at the old Ralph. We parked the car, zipped him up in my coat, got to our seats and Dr. and Mrs. McBane from Devils Lake held him the entire game. Was a great season.

This is Nick's Dad. I've followed this thread since it was first posted. I'm a regular reader of this forum but usually don't post. I'd like to thank Bob in Wisconsin for starting the post and I'd especially like to thank PSB for donating the FTA satellite system. Nick and I watched for the first time last Saturday night and were thrilled that we now have the option to see all Fighting Sioux home games.

I know many of you have visited Nick's CaringBridge site so you know what's going on with his treatment. Nick's a great kid and he's determined to beat the disease. The real story that needs to be told here is not one of Nick and his leukemia. It's the extraordinary outpouring of love and support by fellow hockey fans from all over. The support for Nick has morphed from starting with his bantam hockey team in Osseo to the entire OMGHA association. From there, it spread to my home town (Baudette, MN) and now to the Fighting Sioux hockey fans. He's had guestbook postings from professional hockey players, college hockey players and all sorts of fans from coast to coast. It's really a great story of hockey people taking care of one of their own. The other point I'd like to make is that hockey has prepared Nick to take on leukemia and beat it. Hockey players are taught over and over that commitment, hard work, and perseverance are keys to playing the sport. Those are exactly the qualities that he's used to and will be putting to work to beat leukemia.

I'll close by saying thanks to all Fighting Sioux players and fans. You've been wonderful and Nick really thinks it's cool too. But, I'll also take the time to thank hockey players and fans that play for and support other teams as well. Hockey is the link that unites us all when the situation calls for it.

Now, regarding the Fighting Sioux, it's the second half of the season and we're getting on our customary roll. Keep it up. I'll be taking Nick to Friday's game at Mariucci (providing he feels up to it). He'll probably be easy to pick out. Stop by and say "hi." GO SIOUX!

Baudeyye, huh? When did you graduate from there? Did you have Burt Larson in elementary? I taught in Warroad from 75 through 81.

This is Nick's Dad. I've followed this thread since it was first posted. I'm a regular reader of this forum but usually don't post. I'd like to thank Bob in Wisconsin for starting the post and I'd especially like to thank PSB for donating the FTA satellite system. Nick and I watched for the first time last Saturday night and were thrilled that we now have the option to see all Fighting Sioux home games.

I know many of you have visited Nick's CaringBridge site so you know what's going on with his treatment. Nick's a great kid and he's determined to beat the disease. The real story that needs to be told here is not one of Nick and his leukemia. It's the extraordinary outpouring of love and support by fellow hockey fans from all over. The support for Nick has morphed from starting with his bantam hockey team in Osseo to the entire OMGHA association. From there, it spread to my home town (Baudette, MN) and now to the Fighting Sioux hockey fans. He's had guestbook postings from professional hockey players, college hockey players and all sorts of fans from coast to coast. It's really a great story of hockey people taking care of one of their own. The other point I'd like to make is that hockey has prepared Nick to take on leukemia and beat it. Hockey players are taught over and over that commitment, hard work, and perseverance are keys to playing the sport. Those are exactly the qualities that he's used to and will be putting to work to beat leukemia.

I'll close by saying thanks to all Fighting Sioux players and fans. You've been wonderful and Nick really thinks it's cool too. But, I'll also take the time to thank hockey players and fans that play for and support other teams as well. Hockey is the link that unites us all when the situation calls for it.

Now, regarding the Fighting Sioux, it's the second half of the season and we're getting on our customary roll. Keep it up. I'll be taking Nick to Friday's game at Mariucci (providing he feels up to it). He'll probably be easy to pick out. Stop by and say "hi." GO SIOUX!

Take care, and my best to you and your family. :angry: