SiouxSports.com Forum

14 y/o Sioux Fan diagnosed with leukemia

Bob in Wisconsin

Just wondering if any of the Sioux Sports family happened to run into Nick at the game tonight.... He must have had a great time (excluding the first period and change anyway ??? )

Hope that if any people talked with him they will post it here so we can see how he is doing...

GO SIOUX!!

Yes, Nick was at the game last night and we did meet a few Fighting Sioux fans that were familiar with his situation. Bob in Wisconsin stopped by to say "hello". In addition, Tim Oshie made arrangements for Nick to meet TJ after the game. Nick had TJ and Taylor Chorney autograph their pictures. Thanks to Tim Oshie for going out of his way to make the arrangements. We understand how hectic it must be for the players to pay attention to all the various committments they have......especially during the Sioux/Gopher series.

Before the game, Nick received a new, autographed Sioux jersey as a gift from the Osseo Bantam A hockey team. Thank you very much! As you recall, Nick's original picture that is shown at the beginning of this thread shows him wearing an older Sioux jersey. Now he's up-to-date and wearing the Sioux colors proudly.

Finally, the best treat of all was seeing the Sioux pull through with a hard fought overtime victory. It's always nice to win on Friday night and for a Sioux fan, it's very satisfying walking out of Mariucci with a Sioux victory in hand.

Yes, Nick was at the game last night and we did meet a few Fighting Sioux fans that were familiar with his situation. Bob in Wisconsin stopped by to say "hello". In addition, Tim Oshie made arrangements for Nick to meet TJ after the game. Nick had TJ and Taylor Chorney autograph their pictures. Thanks to Tim Oshie for going out of his way to make the arrangements. We understand how hectic it must be for the players to pay attention to all the various committments they have......especially during the Sioux/Gopher series.

Before the game, Nick received a new, autographed Sioux jersey as a gift from the Osseo Bantam A hockey team. Thank you very much! As you recall, Nick's original picture that is shown at the beginning of this thread shows him wearing an older Sioux jersey. Now he's up-to-date and wearing the Sioux colors proudly.

Finally, the best treat of all was seeing the Sioux pull through with a hard fought overtime victory. It's always nice to win on Friday night and for a Sioux fan, it's very satisfying walking out of Mariucci with a Sioux victory in hand.

that is great that he got to go last night. I'm glad that he felt good enough to go. Hopefully, you can come up to Grand Forks for a game some time. Glad that he got to meet TJ and Taylor last night.

It was great being able to meet Nick and his wonderful family friday night. He's a great kid, with a terrific family around him. He wore his new Sioux jersey proudly, and was thrilled that he was going to get to meet TJ after the game. There is a great pic of TJ and Nick on Nick's site, be sure to check it out. We'll see you guys at the F5!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nickosseo11

As you probably can guess by my user name, this is Nick's mom. I decided to leave the dark ages and figure how to post to this forum because you are the greatest group of people I have ever known. We will never be able to adequately thank you for your support and generosity. And, thanks to your continued support and prayers, Nick is feeling better every day.

It was a pleasure to meet PSB when he installed the satellite dish (it's working great :lol: ) and to meet Bob, Tim & TJ Oshie, and Taylor Friday night at the game. I hope we get an opportunity to meet more of you. Maybe in Grand Forks on the 15th at the Denver game.

AZSioux

I just saw the story too. I sat down to eat lunch, flipped on FSN-G, and it came on about 2 minutes later! They showed the pics of Nick and PSB, Nick and his family with Oshie, and had great interviews with Nick's dad and friends. They also showed footage of Nick Nite. I wish I would have been recording it. In case anyone else was, it was at about 1220. Looks like Nick Night was a lot of fun!

Nick's dad on Nick's Nite. Made me teary but I'm a softy at heart.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nickosseo11

Thanks for posting this link. This is what Hockey Day MN, ND, Canada or wherever is about! A kid that will not give up and the inspiration he is to everyone he touches.

What was the consensus of what we should do for this young man. I know that many of us comitted to getting him a satellite but PSB took care of that. What are some other ideas?

Wisco Bob and PSB do you have any ideas as you have met the family?

My first thoughts are getting him a box for the final 5. I do not know if they are available but if we started know we could definitely make it happen. This is the first thing that comes to mind and he may be too tired to spend this much time at an event. Need additional input. Lets step up and deliver something extra special for this young man!!

BD

My first thoughts are getting him a box for the final 5. I do not know if they are available but if we started know we could definitely make it happen. This is the first thing that comes to mind and he may be too tired to spend this much time at an event. Need additional input. Lets step up and deliver something extra special for this young man!!

BD

Do they have suites at the X? If they do, this may be something to look into getting. It's more private and would be more conducive for rest in case Nick needs to kick back a little bit.

Do they have suites at the X? If they do, this may be something to look into getting. It's more private and would be more conducive for rest in case Nick needs to kick back a little bit.

Nick and his family have seats to the final 5, and they have been going for 15 years. Honestly, after meeting with Nick and his family, the impression I get is that they are a proud, humble family. I could be way off-base on this, but I think donating blood, leaving your well-wishes on their website, and other non-material things mean much more to them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that they would be thrilled by a box, but I think they are just as thrilled just spending time together, and with other Sioux fans. It sounds like they will be up in GF for the Denver game. Maybe someone up there should organize a pre-game ss.com get together at BW3's or somewhere like that with Nick and his family. I'm working, otherwise I'd do it. We can do the same for the F5 if alot of folks plan on going to the cities. Any other ideas? PSB may be able to shed more light on this too.