SiouxSports.com Forum

14 y/o Sioux Fan diagnosed with leukemia

Bob in Wisconsin

if anyone has his interview can it get posted on youtube if possible. i had the du feed so missed that. thanks

Nick's dad said that RedFrog would be posting it on YouTube. Nick had a friend with him who said he would watch it a thousand times after Nick said he didn't want to see it! :D

I have the interview here but I am reluctant to post it on YouTube now. I did'nt even think of the "permission" thing :)

I have two copies, one I made direct to my hard drive using the Match Box USB satellite receiver. But I think I pressed the mute button during it so no audio.

I also have a copy I recorded with my video camera (With audio)

If I get permission I will post on YouTube :D

Great game and great interview. But remember it's only half time! Same again tonight!

Go SIOUX!

Go NICK!

I have the interview here but I am reluctant to post it on YouTube now. I did'nt even think of the "permission" thing :)

I have two copies, one I made direct to my hard drive using the Match Box USB satellite receiver. But I think I pressed the mute button during it so no audio.

I also have a copy I recorded with my video camera (With audio)

If I get permission I will post on YouTube :D

Great game and great interview. But remember it's only half time! Same again tonight!

Go SIOUX!

Go NICK!

Hey Pete. You are a stud. My system is working great. More important, you are a Big Stud for having hooked Nick and his family up.

If it is true that one reaps what they sow, as I firmly believe, some day you and yours are going to enjoy a might big and plentiful harvest.

Hey Pete. You are a stud. My system is working great. More important, you are a Big Stud for having hooked Nick and his family up.

If it is true that one reaps what they sow, as I firmly believe, some day you and yours are going to enjoy a might big and plentiful harvest.

PSB - You have our permission to post the video to YouTube.

We just rolled into town and I'm getting ready to fire up the dish that PSB installed. Lefty gave us to insiders tour today. It was awesome! Not only is PSB a stud, Ralph was a stud too. Anyway, we had a terrific time this weekend. All the people we met were fantastic. Nick was feeling good and it was nice to see him be able to enjoy everything. He's really tired now and I can see that he's a bit low on RBCs but it was all worth it. Thanks to all the Sioux fans that pitched in.

Sioux Cia - I hope you retrieved your envelope at the front desk.

Thanks I feel I already am!

The video is up on youtube now, sorry about the quality :D I will also link to the good version I have (With no audio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwJ8-V_KzLg

UNREAL! When I posted the below version it did not have any audio, now it does!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPBmVaubUmM

This is the best version!

Great job PSB!! You get a much better quality than I do, but you are going directly to a hard drive....good idea. I don't think I have the hardware to accomplish that.

Pete's is copied from 1st generation KU band equipment, the quality is noticeably better than cable or the extremely compressed satellite (dish or directtv) feeds. Very close to HD quality. Anyone thinking about a KU band system for FSSN (like Pete installed for Nick) should go for it; you won't be sorry.

Great job PSB!! You get a much better quality than I do, but you are going directly to a hard drive....good idea. I don't think I have the hardware to accomplish that.

I didn't realize that you already had it up until after I uploaded mine.

Sorry for duplicating you. :lol:

No problem, just as long as everyone can get to see it ;)

I use the Match Box Pro USB satellite receiver to record directly to HD, you still need a satellite dish and LNB of course but then it works like a mini DVR

I don't use it much for recording, I am a LIVE TV person, if it aint live it's not worth watching (IMO)

• Upvote 1

No problem, just as long as everyone can get to see it ;)

I use the Match Box Pro USB satellite receiver to record directly to HD, you still need a satellite dish and LNB of course but then it works like a mini DVR

I don't use it much for recording, I am a LIVE TV person, if it aint live it's not worth watching (IMO)

Thanks for posting Pete, the quality is awesome! So I could just substitute the Match Box for the Traxis 3500? When the snow melts, I'm definitely going to look into it more. I have a few trees that I am going to have to check to make sure don't block the satellite.

Also, it was great to meet Sioux-CIA and Siouxmama last night, both proudly displaying their Nick ribbons and bracelets. Very nice ladies indeed!

Thanks for posting Pete, the quality is awesome! So I could just substitute the Match Box for the Traxis 3500? When the snow melts, I'm definitely going to look into it more. I have a few trees that I am going to have to check to make sure don't block the satellite.

Also, it was great to meet Sioux-CIA and Siouxmama last night, both proudly displaying their Nick ribbons and bracelets. Very nice ladies indeed!

I use my Traxis 3500 as the MASTER and to motor my dish, you will notice on the back of the Traxis there is an output called IF OUT or LNB OUT

I run a short RG6 coax from there to the (SLAVE) Match Box Pro USB receiver. These USB receivers have to really be used along with a regular receiver (IMHO)

1. Trying to point a satellite dish with a USB receiver is VERY VERY VERY hard, because there is such a BIG delay between you pointing the dish and a signal showing up on the screen!!!

2. USB receivers do not have BLIND SCAN a must for this hobby (IMO)

But then recording to Hard Drive is a BREEZE!

Not only that the match Box Pro will decode HD signals, and AC3 digital audio. Not to mention many sports feeds these days use 4:2:2 format (Traxis users may have come across these channels, thay show up as black screen with perfect audio)

• 2 weeks later...
IDK if anyone saw this but this past weekend a SIOUX player was skating to the bench and the camera guy got in close on him and I think it had Nick's name above the WCHA logo...can anyone confirm this?

This was mentioned in another thread, and I think it's guys wearing certain numbers, that are paying tribute to the past guy that wore that number. Miller is one of the current players, isn't he?

Don't know the story, but I think this is what it is.

This was mentioned in another thread, and I think it's guys wearing certain numbers, that are paying tribute to the past guy that wore that number. Miller is one of the current players, isn't he?

Don't know the story, but I think this is what it is.

closeupmiller.jpg

This one is, I believe, former player Ben Cherski - Sioux Forward 1951-55

The only other one I noticed is John Noah - D/C 1947-51 (on Marto's)

closeupmiller.jpg

This one is, I believe, former player Ben Cherski - Sioux Forward 1951-55

The only other one I noticed is John Noah - D/C 1947-51 (on Marto's)

that's probably it, i was probably confused because the cherski and cherekos look the same at a quick glance! thanks for clearing that up for me :blush: