SiouxSports.com Forum

14 y/o Sioux Fan diagnosed with leukemia

Bob in Wisconsin

Any other ideas? PSB may be able to shed more light on this too.

I did suggest they may need a much larger fridge now that they will have all sorts of new Sioux friends showing up on home games night to watch the games on satellite :)

But in all honestly I think our continued thoughts, prayers words of support are going a long way.

I am so proud to be a Sioux fan!

Go Nick!

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Nick and his family will be at Friday night's game. They will also be interviewed between the first and second period by Pat Sweeney on FSSN, so be sure to stay tuned during the intermission!

Also, they would love to meet fellow Siouxsports.com fans at the game. Send me a PM if you are interested, and we will get something set up.

Thanks!

Does anyone up in GF have a contact at the Ralph who might be able to arrange a VIP tour for Nick and his family this weekend? The arena is impressive, but the backstage view might be really cool for them...

I talked to Lefty Curran and he is taking care of it. They will be getting the full tour on Saturday morning...

Would anybody be interested in a pre-game meeting with Nick and his parents at/around the CanadInn around 5pm? And if so, any ideas on where would be appropriate for a 14-year-old?

You can write in here or PM me. Thanks!

There's a meeting room booked at CanadInn for Friday.... PLEASE let me know if you're in!

(More details later...)

I first heard of this over x-mas break from my aunt that lives in the cities. Apparently my cousin is teammates with Nick. It's great to see all the support from the sioux fans and players. Seeing all the support from the sioux makes me proud to be a sioux fan. Keep fighting Nick. We are all cheering for ya!

Is anyone going to be taping tonights game (on FSSN) so they can post the interview with Nick and his family and Pat Sweeney on YouTube?

I made arrangements with Redfrog a couple days ago, he will be recording the game and interview, and Nick's parents gave permission to post to youtube. RF said he probably won't be able to get it posted until late Sat night, or Sunday.

Great come-back win tonight! Hope Nick enjoyed the game!!! I'm sure it's tiring for him - I was wiped out watching it on the tele!!! In his interview he thought he'd be heading back to the cities tomorrow. Wish he could stay in GF for the Sat game too. Not to be superstitious or anything, but he brought us luck tonight! Did anyone get to visit with his family at the game - or before at the CanadInn?

Great come-back win tonight! Hope Nick enjoyed the game!!! I'm sure it's tiring for him - I was wiped out watching it on the tele!!! In his interview he thought he'd be heading back to the cities tomorrow. Wish he could stay in GF for the Sat game too. Not to be superstitious or anything, but he brought us luck tonight! Did anyone get to visit with his family at the game - or before at the CanadInn?

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah and I were there. We had a drink with them before the game. Great people. He's a wonderful kid, open and friendly. He's a lucky boy to have two such wonderful parents. I'll be wearing his orange ribbon with his initials and hockey number and an orange bracelet the rest of the season and longer. I'll also be saying a prayer for him every day until he beats this and beyond.

if anyone has his interview can it get posted on youtube if possible. i had the du feed so missed that. thanks

Sioux-cia and Sioux Yeah Yeah were there. I couldn't because I came down with a cold yesterday, and I didn't want to pass anything along to Nick. Sure hope he and his parents had a good time at the game tonight. It was an exciting one and great to see that come back!