aleah

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

No one can have any fun?

If anything was uncalled for, it was littering the ice.

Nah.....I'd have to go with the students chanting "F*** the Gophers" for the 28th time!! That's classless. Especially when I have to explain to my kids why they keep saying it......I told them because the students couldn't come up with anything better!!! ;)

Just got home..Sweet to get the win however it was ugly till the third period, obviously. Genoway had fire tonight. Oshie and Ducan gave full effort, and wow, Lammy I don't eve have to explain! We got lucky to get the win being outshot by four times as much as the goofs but turned it around entirely in the third. We still lost in shots by only about ten instead of 20 or more. Lammy gave the team a chance to get the win and without him we lose by 4 or 5 easily. You could tell that both teams didn't want to make the first mistake, hence 0-0 going to the third. Anyways, someone wanted a video of the opening video so that'll go up in a few. Also Blazer wooped Dougs arse, pretty funny! ;)

Nah.....I'd have to go with the students chanting "F*** the Gophers" for the 28th time!! That's classless. Especially when I have to explain to my kids why they keep saying it......I told them because the students couldn't come up with anything better!!! ;)

Agree....Higher educational learning is priceless.....embarassing ;)

"They were announcing scores tonight and said Holy Cross is off tonight."

"Was Holy Cross not playing?"

;) clarification: They didn't mean Holy Cross was "off" tonight, but that they had the night off... ;)

It just means Minnesota you can say that the Ralph is marriucci west, but you lost to Holy Cross. Honestly, people are so thin skined if they are pissed about that minor announcement. Was it called for what ever. I am sure someone will have a talk with him and tell him hey don't make that announcement again. Its like lighten up. ;)

Agree....Higher educational learning is priceless.....embarassing ;)

omg people. This is the college level, finals start next week so people probably have 10 extra beers in them and this is the biggest rivalry in college hockey so what do you expect. Yeah so its 'classless' but get over it. It'll never stop in any college event and its part of the sport altogether.

EDIT: Yes, however, throwing shet on the ice is never a good deal but at the time it could have been a momentum change in the game, granted the helmet did fall off early but it was too loud to hear the whistle at the game

actually it was more like the 50th time because we chanted in line to get into. I stopped after awhile because it had lost meaning by that point. Good game tonight for the boys, now go out there and win again tomorrow.

I am inclined to agree with "The Walrus" even though I've participated in that chant in the past. It's amusing at first and maybe a few short times afterwards, but no chant is really good over long stretches of time.

I think that's why I love the "black hole" chant. I've gone to numerous Sioux games and I've only heard that chant perhaps a dozen or so times.

The thing that gets me was already mentioned. Throwing stuff on the ice (provided they aren't hats after a hat trick) is wholly unnecessary. It is both stupid and embarrassing. It is detrimental to the team too.

What is remarkable tonight is that we got away with only a warning. The warning was issued and then more debris came onto the ice after Campion went and warned everyone. I'm very surprised we didn't get 2 minutes for delay of game. Campion could have called it and it would have been justifiable too.

Stupid people piss me off.

Good game tonight, so exciting, even when we were playing like crap, Lammy made it a great game to be at. You can't ask for anything better then two periods scoreless followed by a flurry in the 3rd.

One of the sweetest things was watching the fans go nuts for every single goal.

Couple things.

I would be embarassed to be the fan that through the soda on the ice, or littered the ice in general, though a questionable call, I do feel it was called correcty, but do feel there should have been a penalty called.

Where was John Hill, I always wonder about him cause we share the same last name, is he still with the Gophers?

What were some of Hak's post game comments, didn't get to here them, I wish they would do scoring first then went to Hak.

What was Frazee complaining about after Kaips' goal?

Sioux, with the exception of Lammy, took a period and a half off and still come out with a heck of a big win. I have watched every game (that was broadcast or webcast) and I don't remember seeing the Sioux as out hustled as badly as they were tonight. It was really noticeable in the 2nd, they were standing around and getting beat to the puck all over the ice. Guys looking at one another with a "are you going to get it or should I" hesitation that I have also not seen all season. They have been "off" in some of the other games or had bad puck luck, but they were still skating hard as hell all 3 periods. That 30 minutes half way through the 1st and the entire 2nd was WAY out of character for this team and I hope it was just a case of big game premature ejac, the boys just got a little too UP for the big game. I would say the "come to jesus" in the lockerroom could have been a season turning moment for the team because they completely turned it around in the 3rd. Great to see the goals come from the other lines, Congrats to Malone for his 1st.

Would also say that's the best game the goof pucksters have put together this season, and since I'm stuck behind enemy lines, I've watched quite a few of their games on Goofer Sports Network North. And I hate to admit this, but The Booger actually had a good observation. Before the Sioux scored, they couldn't hit a pass to save their lives. As soon as the GEN-o-way goal went in, everything was tape to tape and they were clicking just like we've seen many times this season.

Now let's see the same 3rd period team come out tomorrow night and put together a complete game. Dumb-ay said a least 5 times that the Sioux, "...are usually lazy and take Saturday night's off, so the Goofs should be able to come back tomorrow night and get an easy win." I guess he didn't hear about last week in Denver, or in Wisconsin, or Mich Tech or Northeastern - when the Sioux came back to play and WON on those Saturday night games. Do your homework you hack. Oh, and the fact that the last memory from tonight will be the 3rd period meltdown when they fell apart and let in 5 goals (I still count the helmet off goal). Hak will have the boys fired up. It'll be great to watch Dumb-ay eat his smarmy cheap shots.

Nice gut check 3rd period. Great character win for Lammy. Really great to see "other lines" throwing up points. I think this is "the game" that turns it around for the Sioux at home and the rest of the season. See you tomorrow night! GO SIOUX!!

Good game tonight, so exciting, even when we were playing like crap, Lammy made it a great game to be at. You can't ask for anything better then two periods scoreless followed by a flurry in the 3rd.

One of the sweetest things was watching the fans go nuts for every single goal.

Couple things.

I would be embarassed to be the fan that through the soda on the ice, or littered the ice in general, though a questionable call, I do feel it was called correcty, but do feel there should have been a penalty called.

Where was John Hill, I always wonder about him cause we share the same last name, is he still with the Gophers?

What were some of Hak's post game comments, didn't get to here them, I wish they would do scoring first then went to Hak.

What was Frazee complaining about after Kaips' goal?

Great Crowd, Great atmosphere. Whomever sits next to the loser who threw the pop on the ice needs to drag him out of the arena and toss him into the snow. Real lack of class. Not many Gopher fans at the game.

Hakstol said he thought we stood around in the first period, didn't play well in the first two periods. His was happy with Lammy and thought Malone was one of the guys who played well all three periods. He was happy with how they kept their composure and played well in the third. He also thought the guy who through the soda was a loser with no class but didn't say it on the radio.

I thought tonight's game was outstanding...it had a little bit of everything. Nice goals, good calls, bad calls, rough stuff, huge saves, big hits, and a great crowd...definitely a game i will remember for a while. As far as the students...when are they going to learn that you can't give the students things...at least it wasn't as bad as the glowstick incident. The pop bottle thing...as dumb and stupid as it was, that was a heck of a result...managing to hit Wheeler (the luckiest hockey player i've ever seen) and then spin halfway across the ice, it was like artwork. Although it did ruin the ice, and I believe it was the reason Vandy fell while skatin backwards near the end of the game. As far as the repetitive vulgar chant...I find that to be no more annoying than the new tradition of playing the beer song after every goal. Give it a rest...'oh no, the students are swearing, what will i do? what will i tell my kids?' It's gonna happen, there's nothing that can be done to stop it, so just roll with it.

I must say, to elaborate on my Wheeler stance...I have never seen a player with as much talent as him just wasting away and trying to get lucky. He didn't seem to ever do anything to give himself a quality shot or to create a quality scoring opportunity. Every time he had the puck down low it seemed like he would throw it to the middle hoping to bounce it off of somebody and in. His goal was lucky too...He just seems like a waste of talent if you ask me...

Few comment from the REA last night.

1) Great win anytime you beat the Gophs.

2) UND looked a least a step slow most of the night. Especially Oshie who would turn it on in spurts. I think he is more dinged up then we know. Gritty effort again.

3) Worst game I've seen Bina play in a long time and LaPointe looked like a freshman last night.

4) Finley and Malone brought the physicality that the Sioux needed.

5) Kiap line was most consistant offensively all night.

6) As usual, refs were consistantly inconsistant...both ways.

7) How does JPL not get mentioned regularly as one of, if not the top goalie in the WCHA. Was again terrific tonight.

8) I know this has been mentioned but the student section was pathetic. I was embarrassed. ;)

If the Sioux can play 2 (want 3 though) periods like the 3rd last night, they will hang a least a 6 pack on Long Island. He looks to be fighting the puck on every shot. I think the Gophs played their game last night and the Sioux roll tonight--6-2.

Just got home..Sweet to get the win however it was ugly till the third period, obviously. Genoway had fire tonight. Oshie and Ducan gave full effort, and wow, Lammy I don't eve have to explain! We got lucky to get the win being outshot by four times as much as the goofs but turned it around entirely in the third. We still lost in shots by only about ten instead of 20 or more. Lammy gave the team a chance to get the win and without him we lose by 4 or 5 easily. You could tell that both teams didn't want to make the first mistake, hence 0-0 going to the third. Anyways, someone wanted a video of the opening video so that'll go up in a few. Also Blazer wooped Dougs arse, pretty funny! ;)

Thanks!

omg people: This is the college level, finals start next week so people probably have 10 extra beers in them and this is the biggest rivalry in college hockey so what do you expect. Yeah so its 'classless' but get over it. It'll never stop in any college event and its part of the sport altogether.

EDIT: Yes, however, throwing shet on the ice is never a good deal but at the time it could have been a momentum change in the game, granted the helmet did fall off early but it was too loud to hear the whistle at the game

LOL, 10 extra beers. The throwing crap on the ice could have cost UND. I thought one of the bottles looked like chew spit.

Few comment from the REA last night.

1) Great win anytime you beat the Gophs.

2) UND looked a least a step slow most of the night. Especially Oshie who would turn it on in spurts. I think he is more dinged up then we know. Gritty effort again.

3) Worst game I've seen Bina play in a long time and LaPointe looked like a freshman last night.

4) Finley and Malone brought the physicality that the Sioux needed.

5) Kiap line was most consistant offensively all night.

6) As usual, refs were consistantly inconsistant...both ways.

7) How does JPL not get mentioned regularly as one of, if not the top goalie in the WCHA. Was again terrific tonight.

8) I know this has been mentioned but the student section was pathetic. I was embarrassed. ;)

If the Sioux can play 2 (want 3 though) periods like the 3rd last night, they will hang a least a 6 pack on Long Island. He looks to be fighting the puck on every shot. I think the Gophs played their game last night and the Sioux roll tonight--6-2.

The Sioux stole a game last night. I didn't realize it at first but UND was outshot 1-15. Phil made a quite a few good saves. I have to give the defense credit they cleared out the front and let Phil see the shots. Tonight UND needs to take it to the Goofers and show these Mpls media punks that UND is for real and it wasn't just a fluke.