SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

I am sure many people on here have friends that are Gopher fans but what I want to know is why do they insist calling us the SUE? I get what it means but its not funny nor will it ever be funny. I swear they get more ignorant every year. I just want to take our 7 banners and strangle them to death :D

The bigger question is-what will we call you when the hostile and abusive nickname gest taken away :D

Sioux are people-not mascots

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beings that I am not going to make the trip (damn) unless my friends can come through with a spare ticket somewhere. I can't decide whether to watch the games on FSSN or FSN. I like the Wooger as he's fair and thinks highly of the Sioux program, but despise that joker Muzzoko. I'll end up recording on both and probably watch FSSN and come into the other room only to hear Muzzoko's dribble when the gophs are getting pounded.

No contest if you have a KU band system; quality is much better through a first generation feed than the compressed and decompressed cable (FSSN or FSN) or dish or directtv satellite feeds (FSN).

I'm hoping to see two things in the pre-game video at the Ralph this weekend......

1.) Replay of Porter's wrap-around goal to ice the 2007 West Regionals against the Gophers

2.) Oshie's hit against that CC player a few weeks ago after the sprint up-ice

Both of those clips in the pre-game video during into's will make my weekend :D

I'm hoping to see two things in the pre-game video at the Ralph this weekend......

1.) Replay of Porter's wrap-around goal to ice the 2007 West Regionals against the Gophers

and no green eyes in the video would be a good thing....I laugh every time I see that and do not understand why they have it in there as it is SOOOOOO gay.

Beings that I am not going to make the trip (damn) unless my friends can come through with a spare ticket somewhere. I can't decide whether to watch the games on FSSN or FSN. I like the Wooger as he's fair and thinks highly of the Sioux program, but despise that joker Muzzoko. I'll end up recording on both and probably watch FSSN and come into the other room only to hear Muzzoko's dribble when the gophs are getting pounded.

Just turn the sound off...I do that every weekend. :D

I highly doubt they will show a replay of that goal. No need to get the Goofies more amped than they already will be. Definitely the Oshie hit though, that was awesome!!!

And this one!!! :D

I had to listen to the holy cross remix just one more time today!

I have a copy in my car and listen to it at least once while driving up for the home games. I also listen to it sometimes just to get my adrenalin going when I'm feeling a little tired. I'm old ya know and every little boost helps. :D

I have a copy in my car and listen to it at least once while driving up for the home games. I also listen to it sometimes just to get my adrenalin going when I'm feeling a little tired. I'm old ya know and every little boost helps. :D

Even after almost two years it still doesn't get old.

Even after almost two years it still doesn't get old.

I can't ever imagine anything more embarrassing for the Gophers. Probably the biggest upset in college hockey history and in front of the fans you hate.

I got tickets for the weekend hoping to finally see a UND-MN game live, but instead got treated to that. I love it.

BTW, is this what you guys are referring to as the "Holy Cross remix"?

I'm at work so don't know what the video is. The remix is ten minutes of Holy Cross vs UMtc radio highlights. The HC announcers were a couple of young college students who really got into the game and after the OT goal, lost control. It's a great piece. I get goose bumps everytime I listen to it. The only problem with the remix, IMHO, is the end should have been about ten seconds longer. A great piece never the less.

I'm at work so don't know what the video is. The remix is ten minutes of Holy Cross vs UMtc radio highlights. The HC announcers were a couple of young college students who really got into the game and after the OT goal, lost control. It's a great piece. I get goose bumps everytime I listen to it. The only problem with the remix, IMHO, is the end should have been about ten seconds longer. A great piece never the less.

OK, then thats it, but only about 2 minutes. That must be the radio guys dubbed over the video.

I highly doubt they will show a replay of that goal. No need to get the Goofies more amped than they already will be. Definitely the Oshie hit though, that was awesome!!!

If one of you guys has a digital video camera, or even a camera phone or digital camera, If you could tape the jumbotron pregame videos so that the rest of us could see it that would be AWESOME!!!