SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a couple good battles as usual. Record books can be thrown out the window when these two teams get together.......but with the way the Gophers are playing right now if we come out of Grand Forks with 1 point I'd be pretty happy.

But I'd rather play the Siuox then the Crusaders this weekend, our record up there is much better against you guys. (Had to do a little trash talking for this big series.) :)

With all of the intangibles and tangibles going into these games they could obviously go either way. That said "sweep at home and split on the road" and the Sioux need to start to assert themselves, so anything less than a sweep will be disappointing to me. 3 points won't be great but satisfactory. A split will be less than satisfactory.

However, no outcome will be a big surprise and I can't say that I expect a sweep.

Gophs are undefeated when scoring 3+ goals and an 0-pher when scoring 2 or less. If JPL plays like he did vs. DU, I think a sweep is in the making!

I think JPL plays better on the road than he does at home. I don't have any numbers to back that up but it just seems like it to me. This is a hard series to call. The Sioux desperately need a sweep but sweeping the Gophers is a tough task no matter what year it is. Play smart, physical hockey and hopefully the sticks will be raised Saturday night.

My thought, since both teams are lacking this year, is that perhaps one of them could sweep and gain a little juice to get back on track. I hope it's the Gophers, but I wouldn't lay money down on either team to sweep.

I just want some good, fast skating, quick passing, hard hitting, nail biting hockey with an on-ice dispute or two thrown in for fun.

It's hard to hate the Sioux when you're playing just as bad as the Gophers are. It's a lot easier to hate the Sioux when you are playing good.

its on like donkeykong..........................

man it seems like its been a while since ive been on ss, having withdrawls :) so found a buddies laptop here in the cities. this series is gona be another battle for 2 nights. lets beat these guys down friday night, legally :D and keep the D rolling. the gophers are soft and maybe the softest team in the wcha this season. doesnt mean they wont come in tho the ralph and be buzzing those first 5 minutes as we will be. lets turn it up in all areas and man i cant wait to get to g forks friday afternoon. GO SIOUX AND GUCK THE FOPHERS

time for our first home sweep since last october, yes last october................

man it seems like its been a while since ive been on ss, having withdrawls :) so found a buddies laptop here in the cities. this series is gona be another battle for 2 nights. lets beat these guys down friday night, legally :D and keep the D rolling. the gophers are soft and maybe the softest team in the wcha this season. doesnt mean they wont come in tho the ralph and be buzzing those first 5 minutes as we will be. lets turn it up in all areas and man i cant wait to get to g forks friday afternoon. GO SIOUX AND GUCK THE FOPHERS

time for our first home sweep since last october, yes last october................

You can KINDA count our WCHA home playoff series as a sweep since we beat them Friday and Saturday to sweep them.

I knew it had been a long time...but that is incredible! Last October....that just shows the Sioux just don't have the focus they need to close teams out at home.

It's hard to hate the Sioux when you're playing just as bad as the Gophers are.

I wouldn't go that far. :)

The Sioux might not be living up to early season expectations at this point, but I don't think they are playing poorly. They have beaten DU, CC, and MSU. The Gophers didn't win any of their 5 games against those teams.