SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux at denver sat night

siouxweet

Poor leadership is absolutely correct. But then again, nothing will be done because McLeod does a good job of placating or diverting the coaches' attentions and Shepherd has done a good job with buddying up to McLeod.

To be honest, the McLeod-Shepherd relationship is a lot like the Ford Family and Matt Millen. Or Gene Taylor and Kevin McHale.

I've always thought that McLeod was an empty suit and Sheppard was running the league. That's just my impression from watching McLeod speak.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak post-game comments:

We got ourselves back on our heels a little bit at the beginning of the 3rd, which started the avalanche of PP's, but I like the way we handled it.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a good split, but we said this morning that was all there was left for us. DU is a good team, and we played a good game.

Both of Dunc's goal were big. The shorthanded one might have been the biggest one, because of the momentum change there for a little while. They're very high risk up top, and obviously you have to get a bounce of the puck and make a wise decision when to go for those. You need a little bit of an advantage, and we got a couple of those to create those plays.

I thought the most dangerous shots were through traffic from the point. There was a lot of shots from outside. The one we gave up last night, we got beat in front of our net. We wanted to make sure not to give that up tonight, and I thought we did a good job of that tonight. When your goaltender makes a save or 2, it gives your PK more confidence.

Excellent job this weekend for Phil. Both goaltenders did a good job this weekend.

I was pretty short in the locker room after the game and told them I was proud of their effort. At this point of the season, this is a must win. We have to get a split. A few months down the road, we can look back and think this is a good split.

I was happy to see Dunc score 2 tonight. Both were in his patented spot. It was nice to see. I know he's been pressing a bit, feeling he needs to score.

A couple of guys dinged up in the line-up tonight who just battled. May not have scored, but they battled hard.

I've always thought that McLeod was an empty suit and Sheppard was running the league. That's just my impression from watching McLeod speak.

I don't know how either of these guys honestly pick up a paycheck without using a mask to cover their faces. WORTHLESS!!!!

Poor leadership is absolutely correct. But then again, nothing will be done because McLeod does a good job of placating or diverting the coaches' attentions and Shepherd has done a good job with buddying up to McLeod.

To be honest, the McLeod-Shepherd relationship is a lot like the Ford Family and Matt Millen. Or Gene Taylor and Kevin McHale.

Another thing that this band of idiots has culled in their herd is the stripes making "statements" with their calls. When one of those idiots has to scowl and point at the player when he makes the call you can just tell that he's calling it against the player, and not because it was a simple penalty. Mason is one of the worst at this, and of course the blind Shepherd, especially when calling them against Sioux players.

Hey, egomaniac, the game ain't about you. It's about the players and the product they put on for the fans. Drives me insane!

Hakstol, without naming names, credits guys who were banged up with going out there and gritting through it.

Oshie, maybe Zajac, maybe others ?...

Osh played hurt and Kozek got clipped at the end of the game last night.

Watched the first and third periods. For about the first 14 minutes of the game, I thought the Sioux looked fantastic. If they play like that all the time, they're going to win a lot of games.

Then the third was painful to watch. They did play smart and keep DU away from the front of the net, but I wouldn't have minded if the puck was down in the other end a bit more.

Someone said they thought DU only had 6 good forwards. Geez, it seemed to me like they had about 15. DU could very well win the whole thing again this year, which would make me sick.

I wonder if the altitude got to the Sioux in the third.

Maybe it was the big ocean effect, but the UND/DU game seemed like it was in fast-forward compared to the MN/MTU game. Despite that, the odds for a split next weekend are huge. UND just flat-out doesn't sweep anyone at home.