SiouxSports.com Forum

Sky is falling Part II

Goon

yeah well there is plenty of reason for concern. This team was picked by I believe 9 out of 10 coaches to win the WCHA. A number one seed in the tourney is a big stepping stone. No the season is far from over but I thought that the coaches said there was no excuse for this team not to get off to a "fast" start.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well there is plenty of reason for concern. This team was picked by I believe 9 out of 10 coaches to win the WCHA. A number one seed in the tourney is a big stepping stone. No the season is far from over but I thought that the coaches said there was no excuse for this team not to get off to a "fast" start.

"I SMELL A RAT FOLKS" WERE WE PICKED TO WIN OUR FIRST 14 OUT OF 15 GAMES? WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL THAT HAS TURNED OUT FOR TEAM OCTOBER (UMTC) IT'S NOT HOW YOU START IT'S HOW YOU FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I SMELL A RAT FOLKS" WERE WE PICKED TO WIN OUR FIRST 14 OUT OF 15 GAMES? WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL THAT HAS TURNED OUT FOR TEAM OCTOBER (UMTC) IT'S NOT HOW YOU START IT'S HOW YOU FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is true but it would be nice to win the McNaughton Cup!!

Much like the NCAA has a ten minute cooling off period before players talk to the media, I give myself a one day cooling off period coming off a disappointing loss. After that, it is easier to put a hard loss into perspective, and it never seems to be as bad as first thought. That may be the case on Saturday's loss. On the positive side, the Sioux only have 2 subpar games to this point, compared to many at this time last year. That said, the next 4 games will tell a lot about this team.

2004-2005 October/November record: 9-5-2 (7-4-1 WCHA)

2005-2006 October/November record: 8-5-1 (4-4-0 WCHA)

2006-2007 October/November record: 7-6-1 (5-4-1 WCHA)

And this season in October and November: 6-4-1 (4-4-0 WCHA)

we will be 9-5-1 and that wont be so bad :lol:

your right. i wasnt even going to look in this thread because i hate this crap. EVERY year under hak the sioux fans bitch about how disappointing the team is and how we should be undefeated. look at teams in the last few years. umtc, notre dame, scsu, maine, among others....they start hot and die off. granted und and bc didnt get as far as fans hoped, but they have reached f4 over and over and nearly missed the playoffs.

be patient and stop whinning.

2004-2005 October/November record: 9-5-2 (7-4-1 WCHA)

2005-2006 October/November record: 8-5-1 (4-4-0 WCHA)

2006-2007 October/November record: 7-6-1 (5-4-1 WCHA)

And this season in October and November: 6-4-1 (4-4-0 WCHA)

Footnote: In 06-07 we lost 4 home games in a row to start Dec. - Wisco. and MTU - which made us 5-8-1 in the WCHA before the break.

Here's what I said:

But if that routine includes (yeah, I'm gonna say it, because I'm thinking it) Judy's or similar on a Friday of course they aren't going to be sharp Saturday. They were not sharp Saturday. They looked sluggish. They looked slow. They looked off. They looked hung over. I hope I am wrong, but that's how they performed; that's how they looked.

Last year there were two home sweeps: the opener and the finale.

January's "events" left the off-ice activity question wide open. I do hope I'm wrong, but the pattern is so consistent there must be something to explain it.

If it's the fans, please, explain how we fix it.

I don't have the wild expectation to win every game (cough-Maine-cough-'93-cough-42-1-2-cough-cough); however, seeing such a wide variation in night-to-night performance begs a "why" question.

This team is not average, yet they are merely average in the WCHA (4-4-0). Why?

Here's what I said:

Last year there were two home sweeps: the opener and the finale.

January's "events" left the off-ice activity question wide open. I do hope I'm wrong, but the pattern is so consistent there must be something to explain it.

If it's the fans, please, explain how we fix it.

I don't have the wild expectation to win every game (cough-Maine-cough-'93-cough-42-1-2-cough-cough); however, seeing such a wide variation in night-to-night performance begs a "why" question.

This team is not average, yet they are in the WCHA (4-4-0). Why?

who knows and im sure coach hak will do what he needs to do to get this team rolling!! we will go 3-1 if not 4-0 in these next 4 games and take a nice step in the right direction :lol:

Much like the NCAA has a ten minute cooling off period before players talk to the media, I give myself a one day cooling off period coming off a disappointing loss. After that, it is easier to put a hard loss into perspective, and it never seems to be as bad as first thought. That may be the case on Saturday's loss. On the positive side, the Sioux only have 2 subpar games to this point, compared to many at this time last year. That said, the next 4 games will tell a lot about this team.

Just 2 subpar games and a 6-4-1 record so far indicate one of two things.

1) This team was somewhat overrated to start the year and/or

2) The teams we have played so far are not too bad in relative terms.

Agree these next 4 games are HUGE for it only being Nov./Dec. At least a split at DU leads to a sweep of the Gophs and away we go...

I'd like to see us wear the black swifts both nights at DU if possible. I don't know what it is about those, but at Wisconsin, it was like I was watching two different teams play Friday and Saturday night. Friday they wore green, and Sat black, as you all know.

i love them as well but its so funny when we think jerseys play into the outcome of a game :lol: not ripping you as i drink 2 miller lite bottles each period and 1 between periods as my superstition when watching the sioux but when im back its one 32 oz miller lite at the ralph per period

ANY OTHER SUPERSTITIONS OUT THERE that of course make the sioux win ;):)

I'd like to see us wear the black swifts both nights at DU if possible. I don't know what it is about those, but at Wisconsin, it was like I was watching two different teams play Friday and Saturday night. Friday they wore green, and Sat black, as you all know.

probably green jersey friday and saturday unless they lose friday then it will be black on saturday, just like at tech and wisconsin.

i love them as well but its so funny when we think jerseys play into the outcome of a game :lol:

I agree. It's great to talk about as fans but if Hak ever sniffed the players feeling the same way the blacks should "swiftly" be shredded and the players told to learn to win in their road greens or die trying.

i love them as well but its so funny when we think jerseys play into the outcome of a game :lol: not ripping you as i drink 2 miller lite bottles each period and 1 between periods as my superstition when watching the sioux but when im back its one 32 oz miller lite at the ralph per period

ANY OTHER SUPERSTITIONS OUT THERE that of course make the sioux win ;):)

It's not necessarily a "superstition". A reason so many pro football and hockey teams went to black, or at least very dark colored, unis is that players tend to act and play more aggressively. Probably psychological, but whatever works.

2 sweeps!? :lol: And both at home!? :)

Win at home; Split on the road.

That simple approach gets you 42 league points, a shot at the top spot (at least a top three WCHA seed), and almost assuredly an NCAA bid.

Why not win in front of the people that appreciate it the most? ;)

Win at home; Split on the road.

That simple approach gets you 42 league points, a shot at the top spot (at least a top three WCHA seed), and almost assuredly an NCAA bid.

Why not win in front of the people that appreciate it the most? ;)

The problem is we have a devil of a time sweeping anybody at home it seems like.