SiouxSports.com Forum

Sky is falling Part II

Goon

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we really want to put a positive spin on this technically we didn't split with mich state at home and lets just call it a 1 game sweep.

true but i didnt see where anyone said we split with mich state, how could you in a 1 game series :lol:

i love them as well but its so funny when we think jerseys play into the outcome of a game :lol: not ripping you as i drink 2 miller lite bottles each period and 1 between periods as my superstition when watching the sioux but when im back its one 32 oz miller lite at the ralph per period

ANY OTHER SUPERSTITIONS OUT THERE that of course make the sioux win ;):)

Yeah, I guess so. I suppose if you had it your way, they would all be sporting your '59 Retros!

The problem is everywhere. Face it... we are average on offense (on average i.e. 1 goal one night 8 the next), average on defense (with shining moments from one player from time to time) and below average (at least according to WCHA standards) on special teams... that equals average team which is exactly what we have proven to be thus far.

And, not coming from behind 99% of the time when down at two periods ain't exactly a rallying call for team heart.

Rant over.

I'd like to look at the positives of last weekend.

Game 1, 8 goals 8 different scorers. Can you ask for more balanced scoring?

Game 2. The team was completely absent of the second period, and still would have tied or won the game minus the 80 ft embarassment.

Players:

Is there a better field general (pond admiral?)on the ice than Bina? He will be a coach somewhere in the near future.

And I think Watkins is the most exciting skater on the ice. He seems to be on the puck and getting it in scoring position almost every shift.

And our two freshmen defensemen match up with any two freshmen in the country. Both are better than expected (and a lot was expected out of LaPointe).

Someone said Finley is our worst defenseman. If that is true we have a ton of talent at defense.

Give Hakstol another month to figure out the lines, and watch the team go. If he wants advice, he knows he can come to me for putting lines together, but as my advice is free, it is worth the same.

I know the "sky is falling" is supposed to be sarcasm, but it seems every year at this time, people are finding fault with skaters and coaches. This team will only get better. Trust me.

I can't believe this team (and last year's) is like 0-22-0 when trailing after 2 periods. Whatever happened to all those 3rd period comebacks? I thought for sure Saturday would break that streak but then UMD 'Frazeed' the puck past Phil. Crap.

I know the "sky is falling" is supposed to be sarcasm, but it seems every year at this time, people are finding fault with skaters and coaches. This team will only get better. Trust me.

I should have put a :lol: after the Sky was Falling II... I am not pulling my pin right now I think this years teams is probably a head of where we were last year at this time. I think the we are giving up untimely goals and looking unfocused at times but the scorers seem to be a head of last year's pace. I mean it doesn't do any good to win in October, November and December and then slump in Feb and March.

Miami, C.C., Denver et al probably won't be as hot at the end of the season than they are now. Its a fact. I would start betting beers on it.

I can't believe this team (and last year's) is like 0-22-0 when trailing after 2 periods. Whatever happened to all those 3rd period comebacks?

They're with the home sweeps in league regular season play.

Last home sweep (two wins, four points) versus a WCHA team in regular season play: March 3 and 4, 2006 vs. Michigan Tech.

Folks, that's the 2005-2006 season.

They're with the home sweeps in league regular season play.

Last home sweep (two wins, four points) versus a WCHA team in regular season play: March 3 and 4, 2006 vs. Michigan Tech.

Folks, that's the 2005-2006 season.

That being said the Sioux away record has been better so it evens everything out.

That being said the Sioux away record has been better so it evens everything out.

If the you can't control your own "house", you have deeper issues as a team. The new REA has never really been the team's house, and it's time for them to finally take the damn keys.

If the you can't control your own "house", you have deeper issues as a team. The new REA has never really been the team's house, and it's time for them to finally take the damn keys.

As fans I don' think we can do any more? It's up to the players to take ownership of their destiny. It's not as is they are losing to crappy EZAC teams.

Well, it certainly was in 02-03 and 03-04. In 04-05, the Sioux were at least respectable at home. But heading into the third straight season of the Ralph not being a place where the Sioux dominate is getting a bit old.

Believe I read that UND is 10-3-1 in their last 14 games vs. DU in Denver. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Each season is different, but that gives hope that they can and have played well there recently.

Wow. I wish I could be this optimistic. Or find a source for whatever you're smoking...

we can work on the last part anytime :) but i always have this feeling with the sioux, its not the ideal situation we are in right now but it could be worse. i see us splitting in denver and laying the hammer down the next weekend :lol:

we can work on the last part anytime ;) but i always have this feeling with the sioux, its not the ideal situation we are in right now but it could be worse. i see us splitting in denver and laying the hammer down the next weekend :lol:

Kind of like that arcade game at Chucky Cheese where you bang the Gopher on the head as he pops out of his hole with a big mallet?? :)

Kind of like that arcade game at Chucky Cheese where you bang the Gopher on the head as he pops out of his hole with a big mallet?? :)

exactly, except it will be the bobbing heads on wheeler, okposo, barriball and company ;)

Believe I read that UND is 10-3-1 in their last 14 games vs. DU in Denver. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Each season is different, but that gives hope that they can and have played well there recently.

Did you check our record against Mich Tech in Houghton prior to that series split? That 10-3-1 mark means absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, we'll be lucky to split.

GET YOUR BROOM OUT WE WILL SWEEP IN DENVER--- I GET A FEELING WE WILL TAKE THE NEXT 4 GAMES AND WALSKI WILL GET IN ON THE ROTATION.

AS A GREAT MAN SAID "I SMELL A RAT FOLKS" THE RAT IS THOSE OF YOU THAT FEEL THE NEED TO TRASH YOUR OWN TEAM? I SAY IT IS NOT YOUR

TEAM!!! IT IS OUR TEAM -THOSE OF US WHO ENJOY EVEREY GAME-EVEREY TRIP TO THE RINK-WE "SIOUX FANS" LOOK FORWARD TO THIS TIME OF YEAR ALL SUMMER. WINTER IS OUR FAVORITE SEASON!

THE RAT IS THOSE OF YOU WHO CALL YOURSELF A "SIOUX FAN" AND THEN TRASH ANY PLAYER WHO IS THE WHIPPING BOY OF THE MONTH. YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I HOPE THIS BRINGS YOU JOY TO HURT PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE NOTHING TO YOU!

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE ALL OF THESE NEGATIVE PEOPLE WATCHING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AT WORK? THEN REPORTING EVERYTIME YOU STUMBLE?

umm...yeah...ok...Walski will not play in the next 4 games....no chance unless JPL gets hurt

WOULD YOU SAY THESE THINGS ABOUT YOU OWN KID? HOW COLD HEARTED CAN YOU BE?

JUST BECAUSE YOU BUY A TICKET DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN START FALSE RUMORS ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHT PARTYING OR WHATEVER YOU CAN MAKE UP! AND IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK OR A "REFUND" PM ME I WILL BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT SOME OF YOU? BUT I AM GOING TO DENVER, IT IS A LONG SEASON WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED DON'T s&!t WHERE YOU SLEEP FOLKS! BUT IF YOU MUST THEN GO TO GPL WE DON'T NEED NEGATIVE VIBES-FALSE RUMORS- ABOUT PLAYERS -COACHES -CHEAR TEAM COME ON FOLKS IF YOU DONT'T LOVEM THEN GO WHERE PEOPLE CAN GET TRUE JOY OUT OF RUNNING DOWN OUR TEAM GPL!

We need Genoway healthy...now

Due to Hillary's great healthcare regs, i.e. HIPPA, not much can be revealed about a player's status. It was mentioned though by the media that "there is no structural damage" to Genoway's lower leg following an MRI prompting me to believe it is some type of bad sprain to the knee (or ankle), especially if the reports are true that he still is having difficulty bearing weight on that leg. Having seen this team play at the Ralph every game this year, he is unfortunatley one of 4 or 5 players UND can ill afford to go down with an injury for an extended period of time.

Due to Hillary's great healthcare regs, i.e. HIPPA, not much can be revealed about a player's status. It was mentioned though by the media that "there is no structural damage" to Genoway's lower leg following an MRI prompting me to believe it is some type of bad sprain to the knee (or ankle), especially if the reports are true that he still is having difficulty bearing weight on that leg. Having seen this team play at the Ralph every game this year, he is unfortunatley one of 4 or 5 players UND can ill afford to go down with an injury for an extended period of time.

Can't let it pass.

You mean the regs written by Gingrich's 104th Congress http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/pl104191.htm

Or Bush's modifications of 2002 and 2006.

Can't let it pass.

You mean the regs written by Gingrich's 104th Congress http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/pl104191.htm

Or Bush's modifications of 2002 and 2006.

Trust me, I know what was "passed" since I deal with this crap all day long as takes time way from my patient care, but it was "Hillarycare" and her initiaves in 1993 that got this ball rolling down hill. And I'm not looking for a political debate on healthcare :ohmy: .

I know about the Hippa deal, but do you think another reason for not disclosing is so that it wouldn't hurt a players future career?

I know about the Hippa deal, but do you think another reason for not disclosing is so that it wouldn't hurt a players future career?

not sure whta you mean but if you mean going pro in the future then nope. because info will get around one of these days with chay talking to someone and so on. also its not like you can hide a injury from a future pro team. different teams handle it different ways. this is how hak does it

if you mean ot specifing a injury so other teams cant key on it whe hes back then maybe, but thats a stretch