SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DENVER

AZSIOUX

nodak.gifVS du_new.gif

Another split at home for the Sioux. Going to Denver you think split as well. They have a soild team so worry about Fridays game and go form there and see what happens. Important WCHA points at stake like always........ Go Sioux.......

SIOUX - Coming off split at home to Duluth

Overall Record: 6-4-1 (.591)

WCHA: 4-4-0, 8 points

Home: 3-2-0

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux will get a split at best, Du 4-3 friday, Sioux 5-2 saturday-these frickin splits are killing me and I don't see an end in sight anytime soon(unless god forbid they get swept at denver).

Predictions are a jinx in my book. I think the sioux will be better on the road than at home for the second half. I think the boys are partying after the friday night games at home, where as road games all they have to do it sit in the hotel room :D I think they'll fair well against the pioneers but again, you just never know. Its time to get physical!

It's gut check time for this team. Either we rise to the challenge and get 2 or 3 out of 4 points this weekend (I would be shocked if we swept at Denver), or we fall further and further behind the teams ahead of us. The talent is there, but games are not won on paper. They are won by the team that works the hardest and plays the smartest. We did neither last night. :D

Having said all that, my prediction errors on the side of optimism:

Friday: UND 4, DU 3

Saturday: UND 2, DU 2

Three out of four points would help this team's confidence (and conference standing) right now.

Predictions are a jinx in my book. I think the sioux will be better on the road than at home for the second half. I think the boys are partying after the friday night games at home, where as road games all they have to do it sit in the hotel room :D I think they'll fair well against the pioneers but again, you just never know. Its time to get physical!

i totally agree with you! im sure they do go out and party after a friday night win (or loss)! haha not all of them, but i can think of a few!

We're looking forward to hosting the Sioux in Denver.

If you haven't seen the Pios this year, it's a much different crew than last year's team.

Denver is faster and more skilled than last year, but gets 95% of it's scoring from freshmen and sophomores, and relies on Mannino to keep them close, which he does in most cases. There are 12 freshmen on the roster, but only seven of them play regularly - Bozak, Maiani, Ostrow, Martin, Jackson, Nutini and Ryder.

Denver will run 3-4 lines, and points can come from anywhere. They aren't all that physical, but they rely on the transition game, and they have some very good top end skill players like Trotter, Ruegsegger and Rakhshani that are among the league's better forwards. Defense is a work in progress, with some converted forwards from last year (Mullen and Testuide) stepping into new roles, and combining with stalwarts like Andy Thomas and Chris Butler to form a very good (3rd ranked) defensive squad.