SiouxSports.com Forum

Injury Update

SiouxCrew11

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still nobody has answered my question?

What are the injury signification and status of our RBs?!

I'm dying to know.

Was at the game and he left the field after the injury without being able to put pressure on his right foot/leg. He spent most of the 2nd half laying flat on his back on the trainer's table with the ankle wrapped in ice. Mid 4th they put a walking boot on it. And he used crutches to exit the field with next to no pressure on that leg. If he plays effectively in a week, I would be suprised.

On another note. Chappel gets dinged up a couple times late in the first half--same leg. Murray is already out with a should injury and you are up 20-2 at half and WSU can't get out of their own way offensively. Almost to a person where I was sitting people were asking why play Chappel in the 2nd half. I know you are only up 18 points, but a lot of folks were saying if Chappel gets hurt worse with Murray out already what are going to do next week...and here we are.

Side note #2: PATHETIC attendence and crowd atmosphere!! :D

On another note. Chappel gets dinged up a couple times late in the first half--same leg. Murray is already out with a should injury and you are up 20-2 at half and WSU can't get out of their own way offensively. Almost to a person where I was sitting people were asking why play Chappel in the 2nd half. I know you are only up 18 points, but a lot of folks were saying if Chappel gets hurt worse with Murray out already what are going to do next week...and here we are.

I was thinking the same thing. I know Coach Lennon is highly revered around here (and rightly so), but he should take some heat for this. There was NO excuse to play Chappel after he was first injured.

I was thinking the same thing. I know Coach Lennon is highly revered around here (and rightly so), but he should take some heat for this. There was NO excuse to play Chappel after he was first injured.

My initial point exactly. Let me preface this by saying I'm a big Lennon supporter, but with Murray already out mid 2nd with the shoulder, why would you risk losing Chappel after he hobbeld off at halftime? Lennon was qouted as saying he didn't feel they had control at halftime. Was I at a different game?? :D WSU couldn't run to the toilet!! Poll the 5400 (:D which in itself is an embarrassment) at the game and I would be shocked if 10 said WSU had any chance greater than ZERO to come back in the 2nd half. And essentially what happened out of necessity instead of choice is you play your 3rd string RB and get the victory. Now, at best, we have our top 2 RB banged up if they even take the field at all. I thought there were some questionable coaching decisions vs. UNO, but playing Chappel in the 2nd half with all the other circumstances is inexcusable, especially if he isn't close to 100% next Sat.

Steven Battle finished the day with 80 yards on 19 carries and one touchdown. If I remember correctly we have had a few redshirt freshman who have stepped up big over the past few years.

All is not lost.

But we are not playing Auggie at home next week!! Not saying that Battle is not capable, but Chappel is the engine that drives the bus in that offense and next weekend on the road, I don't think Battle is going to be the answer. I'm just disappointed that the team is potentially in this situation when it didn't have to be if some better judgement had been used coming out at halftime.

My initial point exactly. Let me preface this by saying I'm a big Lennon supporter, but with Murray already out mid 2nd with the shoulder, why would you risk losing Chappel after he hobbeld off at halftime? Lennon was qouted as saying he didn't feel they had control at halftime. Was I at a different game?? :D WSU couldn't run to the toilet!! Poll the 5400 (:D which in itself is an embarrassment) at the game and I would be shocked if 10 said WSU had any chance greater than ZERO to come back in the 2nd half. And essentially what happened out of necessity instead of choice is you play your 3rd string RB and get the victory. Now, at best, we have our top 2 RB banged up if they even take the field at all. I thought there were some questionable coaching decisions vs. UNO, but playing Chappel in the 2nd half with all the other circumstances is inexcusable, especially if he isn't close to 100% next Sat.

The only thing that stuck in my mind at halftime was the UNO game two years ago. Up 19-0 to start the 4th quarter and we lost. Granted that was UNO, but I didn't feel we were totally in control just yet. Sure Lennon should take some heat, but I imagine he is up for it.

Does anyone have the number for Barry Bonds trainer anywhere?

The only thing that stuck in my mind at halftime was the UNO game two years ago. Up 19-0 to start the 4th quarter and we lost. Granted that was UNO, but I didn't feel we were totally in control just yet. Sure Lennon should take some heat, but I imagine he is up for it.

Does anyone have the number for Barry Bonds trainer anywhere?

There in lies the difference! And were we at the same game because at no point did I have a feeling WSU was going to do anything offensively in the 2nd half after watching them in the first half.

1-SAN-QUENTIN