SiouxSports.com Forum

Injury Update

SiouxCrew11

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we will see Ryan C. against GVSU. Like Ryan Bakken says, UND is going to be tight lipped about his status this week so GVSU has a hardtime gameplanning. Dale Lennon will turn into Brad Childress this week. I am not too optimistic that Ryan will play if he has a high ankle sprain, for those of you who have had that injury, you know how bad it sucks, especially for a speed guy like Ryan.

Then we should be set to run it down their throat with Battle :D

I'm telling ya, if you want to go to a power running game, this is your guy. According to the depth chart on the last game notes, he's actually 220, and he's pretty fast, too. 1,700-plus yards rushing as a senior on GFC's state title winning team a couple of years ago.

I don't think we will see Ryan C. against GVSU. Like Ryan Bakken says, UND is going to be tight lipped about his status this week so GVSU has a hardtime gameplanning. Dale Lennon will turn into Brad Childress this week. I am not too optimistic that Ryan will play if he has a high ankle sprain, for those of you who have had that injury, you know how bad it sucks, especially for a speed guy like Ryan.

Lennon turn into Childress? We are in trouble! Does that mean we can expect 2 yard out passes on 3rd and 8. If Chappell was 100% healthy, he would only get 9 or 10 touches under the secret squirrel.

Pound Battle at them 20-25 times and find a way to get Weston 15- 20 touches(runs and catches) and we will be fine.

Saw Ryan C in class today and it didnt look like he had any trouble moving around, he walked around like nothing was wrong. That being said it might not hurt when you walk but when you run it could be a different story. I think Ryan C will be playing this weekend even if he still has a little bit of pain.

Saw Ryan C in class today and it didnt look like he had any trouble moving around, he walked around like nothing was wrong. That being said it might not hurt when you walk but when you run it could be a different story. I think Ryan C will be playing this weekend even if he still has a little bit of pain.

???

I just looked at their season stats, and somewhat surprisingly, they're giving up 157 yards rushing per game, compared to just 132 yards passing. Of course, it's probably tough to know how much those numbers really mean given the relatively weak competition they've played this year.

From what I've been told, three of the four starters in their secondary are Big 10 transfers. Not that that always means something, but just food for thought.

From what I've been told, three of the four starters in their secondary are Big 10 transfers. Not that that always means something, but just food for thought.

I quickly checked their roster, and the only Big Ten transfer I could find at db was Samad Cain (Minnesota). I believe they do have a pretty experienced secondary, though.

The Stud in the GV secondary is Brandon Carr, he will very likely get drafted or at least have an NFL tryout.

I think the UND defense needs to not give up any big plays to the GV running game and stop the fade. If UND can do that they will have a good shot at winning the game. That's also assuming Chappel plays and we have some success running the ball.

When healthy what is Chappels speed in the 40?? Dresslers???

According to the UND media guide, Chappell was timed at 4.42, and Dressler 4.44. I suspect those are hand times rather than electronic times, but I don't really know exactly how they do their testing in the spring.