SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of the video is the missed field goal and he takes it back 103 yards or somthing. that was against decnet competition too as it look liekd that was the canadian all star game.

we have a new #18.

Do canadian prep and colleges play under the same rules as the CFL?

Did Duraney White, the Canadian receiver previously mentioned on this site, ever commit to us like certain websites had listed he had?

Quick question,

So do Fonseca de la silva and Bamba both come in as freshman like the rest of the class or are they considered more of a transfer student?

More importantly will we see them on the field next year for the Sioux! I hope so.

I'd love to see Rosario, Bamba, Fonseca, and maybe Heimler get some playing time next year.

I would however not be objective to redshirting heimler, and I hope sutton redshirts because of our depth at RB.

So do Fonseca de la silva and Bamba both come in as freshman like the rest of the class or are they considered more of a transfer student?

It says Bamba was at a "(Name here) College" prep school which implies to me a prep school associated with a college, and thus they'd be freshmen.

Rylan Kaip came from "Athol Murray College of Notre Dame" (the Notre Dame Hounds) so using the word "college" in a different context than we're used to seems common "north of the border".

Quick question,

More importantly will we see them on the field next year for the Sioux! I hope so.

I'd love to see Rosario, Bamba, Fonseca, and maybe Heimler get some playing time next year.

I would however not be objective to redshirting heimler, and I hope sutton redshirts because of our depth at RB.

I think the chances are good that Bamba will be the primary kick/punt returner next season. Fonseca is older than your average freshman, so although the linebacker positions are difficult to learn in the UND system, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't red shirt. Watkins and Cameron (as a punter) are the other freshmen who have a really good chance to play next year IMO. Benjamin may also have a shot.

According to the roster that would be 4 inches taller than Weston and 5 inches taller than Ryan Dressler. It would be 1 inch taller and 5 pounds lighter than Ryan Chappell.

ok, so i can't add.......that is why I don't want to teach math. That was a brain fart in which my mind told me that a foot was only 10 inches. MY BAD!

According to the roster that would be 4 inches taller than Weston and 5 inches taller than Ryan Dressler. It would be 1 inch taller and 5 pounds lighter than Ryan Chappell.

I don't buy that he is 6' if it is true there must be some HUGE people on that field. Although I would even say that 5'8 is a stretch for W. Dressler

If that is electronically timed, thats just not fast that is amazing. Would be top ten at last years NFL combine. WOW

Is there any internet confirmation of this 4.37 time? This site lists his time as 4.66, although it is more than a year old.

4.37 vs Darren McFadden's 4.33 at NFL combine

Darren McFadden, who is represented by Conley and contract agent Ian Greengross, may have outrun the questions.

That

Maybe 4.37 is in Canadian time.

It is probably hand timed..... a hand timed 4.37 is probably closer to a 4.45 electronically timed... if you watch the NFL combine the times they give as the guys run are hand timed... Later they will give you the official time (electronic) which is always .05 to .1 secs slower.

It is probably hand timed..... a hand timed 4.37 is probably closer to a 4.45 electronically timed... if you watch the NFL combine the times they give as the guys run are hand timed... Later they will give you the official time (electronic) which is always .05 to .1 secs slower. But that is still very very fast

It is probably hand timed..... a hand timed 4.37 is probably closer to a 4.45 electronically timed... if you watch the NFL combine the times they give as the guys run are hand timed... Later they will give you the official time (electronic) which is always .05 to .1 secs slower.

I agree that it almost certainly hand-timed. The fastest 40 recorded this past off-season by a UND player was 4.42 by Ryan Chappell, which was also most likely hand-timed. While it would be great if Bamba were as fast as Chappell, I'm certainly not expecting it.

I agree that it almost certainly hand-timed. The fastest 40 recorded this past off-season by a UND player was 4.42 by Ryan Chappell, which was also most likely hand-timed. While it would be great if Bamba were as fast as Chappell, I'm certainly not expecting it.

0.24 seconds is the standard for converting hand timed to fully automatic times in track