SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers Saturday Night

Sioux-cia

Good thing the refs and linesmen where nearby when Eaves starting flapping his gums. This would have been a mismatch to end all mismatches

Based on College stats

The Combatants

Eaves 68 pim in 160 games

Osiecki 156 pim in 108 games

Patrick 26 pim in 34 games

vs.

Hakstol 191 pim in 107 games

Eades 228 pim in 144 games

Jackson 249 pim in 150 games

At least it would have been quick, but probably not painless. :blush:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing the refs and linesmen where nearby when Eaves starting flapping his gums. This would have been a mismatch to end all mismatches

Based on College stats

The Combatants

Eaves 68 pim in 160 games

Osiecki 156 pim in 108 games

Patrick 26 pim in 34 games

vs.

Hakstol 191 pim in 107 games

Eades 228 pim in 144 games

Jackson 249 pim in 150 games

At least it would have been quick, but probably not painless. :blush:

I'm kinda bummed that it didn't play out.

First of all, great win by the boys. Wisconsin was never in it. They can try and win by defensive strategy, but talent and hard work prevail every time.

I would love to hear what Hak and Eades discuss over a cold one tonight at the hotel bar. Hak has shown himself to be nothing but a class act. I have to question what came out of Eaves's mouth. Didn't he get in trouble for punching a player a couple years ago?

The scrum at the end...When it became third man in, the ref should've stopped it. That two on one fighting on Jonesey should've resulted in a game for that badger. Isn't third man in a game in the NHL?

Anyway, Wisconsin was outclassed on the ice and after.

Eaves is a little bitch and I have lost what little respect I had for the man. What kind of coach shakes your hand and then as you are walking away starts screaming at you. If you got a problem at least confront hak about it to his face like a man and not cower behind a line judge and assistant coach.

I thought those announcers for the Badgers were hilarious. Did anyone else catch a couple times when they had an odd man rush the one would say "Hammer it"! I almost died laughing. :blush:

That right there was professionalism. An amateur would have been yelling "Shooooot!!!" ;)

OK I missed the end of the game stuff between Hak and Eaves, can someone provide a link to it if there is video I would love to see it. So we lose 5 players for are next game. That will be interesting!

Check the video thread, it's all there! :blush:

No, we don't lose anyone next game.

Badger fans do not take well to losing. My family almost got in a fight with the entire section that we were in. All started by eight year old children, continued by their parents, and then increased to people in surronding rows. When they tried to insult North Dakota, my family informed them that we live in Madison which resulted in one of the funniest comments of the night: "Just because you are from here doesn't mean you aren't a**hole" Amazing statement coming from a 60 year old man trying to start a fight... my brother was impressed. He said it was the first time he's ever seen the general fans act worse than the student.

What a night! What a win! I missed the coach argument so I'm glad to see it already up on video :blush:

Badger fans do not take well to losing. My family almost got in a fight with the entire section that we were in. All started by eight year old children, continued by their parents, and then increased to people in surronding rows. When they tried to insult North Dakota, my family informed them that we live in Madison which resulted in one of the funniest comments of the night: "Just because you are from here doesn't mean you aren't a**hole" Amazing statement coming from a 60 year old man trying to start a fight... my brother was impressed. He said it was the first time he's ever seen the general fans act worse than the student.

What a night! What a win! I missed the coach argument so I'm glad to see it already up on video ;)

Sounds like the Badger fans drank too much Miller Lite. :blush:

From The Capital Times:

Tensions boiled over late in the game when North Dakota captain Rylan Kaip hit Brendan Smith along the end boards when the Badgers defenseman's head was down. Things developed into a brawl, complete with near-punches and headlocks.

In the end, 122 penalty minutes came from the fracas, with all 10 skaters on the ice getting a 10-minute misconduct plus a minor roughing penalty. Kaip also got a charging minor for the original hit.

During the postgame handshakes, Eaves and North Dakota coach Dave Hakstol had to be separated by officials and assistant coaches while they exchanged words.

"I was just disappointed in the melee that happened, and I just expressed that to him," Eaves said. "That's all."

Asked whether there was some tension between the coaches at the end of the game, Hakstol said: "If that is the case, that stays between coaches and on the ice. It's an emotional game, but nothing more than that."

Wait a minute.

Kaip's hit was dumb, I'll give UW and Eaves that much. But... please correct me, Kaip nor Jones nor LaPoint nor Watkins started the melee. Klubertanz did. Then Street took it to the next level.

I'm not sure what Turris, Watkins, and a few others did (heck, not sure what LaPoint did either), but Klubertanz and Kaip were no doubters. Street was a no doubter too.

So, what I'm getting at, if Eaves is disappointed in the melee, then shouldn't he be talking to everyone who came in after Klubertanz?

Back from Madtown again. Great win tonight. I'm maybe alone when I say they played about as good as last night, but a better result. They were clicking and moving and scoring. BADger's can add sneak attackers to their diving team reputation now. If you want to mix it up with someone, JUST DO IT!! Don't creep up behind them and tear their helmets off. Most BADger fans are great, but a great-grandmother yelled at me out in the lobby after the game that my team was a bunch of goons. I just laughed at her, my wife said good thing because I would have gotten the extra 2 minutes had I retalitated. I went to UND from 1976-1983 so I know goons and these guys ain't it. They are a fast, skilled team that will light it up on the way to Denver. Have a good week off. Saw Mr. Moe and Jaime up in the nosebleeds, but you could not see us down in the good seats. I have seen these guys play four games so far this year, not bad for living in cheeseland!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!

TH is awesome, kind of a homer, but I love the dude.

Yeah, too bad I couldn't have the radio on (seven second delay with the TV) instead of the homers that were covering the game on FSN. Don't remember the older guys name, but he refused to pronunciate Vande's name correctly. His partner could say it, the guy on the PA at the Kohl could say it, but this guy kept on saying VandeVeld. Also, couldn't make up his mind if it was Jenoway, of Genoway. Almost prefer the Maz and Wooger. Also, Props to the guys/gals that do the home games for FSSN. It's amazing what a good job they do at producing the games.

And of course, another thumbs down for Derek Shepard for his typical two nights of reffing. When will the insanity end?

Also, couldn't make up his mind if it was Jenoway, of Genoway.

Maybe the (J)(G)enoway's should decide how they want to have their name pronounced. One kid it's a G and the other it's a J?

Kaip should lose his captaincy for that stupid hit. It had the potential to be another Paukovich/Bina incident. If Hakstol doesn't discipline him then he's a woman.

Maybe the (J)(G)enoway's should decide how they want to have their name pronounced. One kid it's a G and the other it's a J?

Kaip should lose his captaincy for that stupid hit. It had the potential to be another Paukovich/Bina incident. If Hakstol doesn't discipline him then he's a woman.

Yeah Funny, go back to anchorage