SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers Saturday Night

Sioux-cia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hit by kaip wasnt close to anything pauk did to bina so just drop that all together. fkn stupid argument. on the other hand if that was done to one of our players there would be plenty of fans pissed calling it a charge or dirty hit of some sort. just sucks we have to wait 2 more weeks for sioux hockey now but hopefully when they do come out we can get our 1st sweep of the season!!

I listened to the announcers on FSN and I thought they were very complimentary to our team and program. NOTHING like the Goof's homers! As others also noticed, the young guy had a definite man crush on Oshie! :blush:

Oh yeah, they were definitely complimentary. They'd probably be the first two to admit that the Badgers were lucky to walk away with two points for the weekend.

the hit by kaip wasnt close to anything pauk did to bina so just drop that all together. fkn stupid argument. on the other hand if that was done to one of our players there would be plenty of fans pissed calling it a charge or dirty hit of some sort. just sucks we have to wait 2 more weeks for sioux hockey now but hopefully when they do come out we can get our 1st sweep of the season!!

It wasn't charging, it wasn't from behind and it had no chance of drilling his head into the boards.

It also was while play was continuing.

I am surprised that Donald condescends to post on this board if he believes that we are all so intellectually inferior.

Hockey is a rough sport. If you don't want to get hit, go out for the band. Referring to Kaip as an enforcer clearly shows someone who doesn't know hockey and doesn't watch the Sioux. Enforcer? Please. Grinder? Hell yeah. Hard working, physical player? Hell yeah.

Anyway, I shouldn't waste my time, but sometimes it just feels like you have to educate people. As for the quality of posts and comments from an academic perspective, I didn't know that I was writing a thesis when I comment on a web site.

The inferiority complex statement is silly, inferior compared to whom?

Sprig:

Hard to believe you're serious. Naturally, posting here I expect the dullard contingent to come out in force with their brilliantly witty comebacks (by "brilliantly witty" I mean 2nd grade-ish) but the fact is that Kaip paused about 5 ft away from the opposite side of the net; then he saw two bucky players challenging one sioux player for the puck. He picked up his pace and easilty 15 ft before he hit Smith, he could see that he was bent over. If anything, at that point Kaip increased the intensity of his strides to make a bigger hit. Yeah ... fine ... you're supposed to hit hard in hockey. No doubt. But charging is as equally dangerous as checking from behind. It was nothing other than minor circumstance that kept Smith's head from drilling into the ice (which could certainly have caused a neck injury). For you to minimize this the way you've done makes you a far bigger homer than I would have previously imagined. That's all ... I'm just surprised. The rest of my comments aren't directed at you ...

So to address one other point (amongst the other mostly ridiculous replies) ...

The fact that the ref didn't call a 5 min penalty is meaningless. When do the refs get it right? Did they get it right on the Pauko hit? No. Did they get it right on this hit? No. Kaip is an enforcer. Nothing more. In a game where fighting is outlawed he is irrelevant except to a coach (and a fanbase) with a serious inferiority complex. I know you guys think you have an NHL team there in GF but ... psst ... you don't.

I find it ironic that I'm hoping Dirty will show some of this fanbase some maturity.

Are you on crack?

It was a 2 minute standard charging penalty. No malice whatsoever. Not even close to "injuring" him. The point is you skate with your head down with the puck you are going to get rocked.

That is in no way "minimalizing" the hit. It is a standard charge that happens hundred times a season.

I do have to call it a charge. Although the Kozek's charging penalty looked pretty clean to me. I think Rylan takes about four strides into the scrum. He went for the wrecking ball effect. He wasn't trying to hurt anybody. He wanted to rock the player and rock the scrum in order to kick the puck loose.

Sprig:

Hard to believe you're serious. Naturally, posting here I expect the dullard contingent to come out in force with their brilliantly witty comebacks (by "brilliantly witty" I mean 2nd grade-ish) but the fact is that Kaip paused about 5 ft away from the opposite side of the net; then he saw two bucky players challenging one sioux player for the puck. He picked up his pace and easilty 15 ft before he hit Smith, he could see that he was bent over. If anything, at that point Kaip increased the intensity of his strides to make a bigger hit. Yeah ... fine ... you're supposed to hit hard in hockey. No doubt. But charging is as equally dangerous as checking from behind. It was nothing other than minor circumstance that kept Smith's head from drilling into the ice (which could certainly have caused a neck injury). For you to minimize this the way you've done makes you a far bigger homer than I would have previously imagined. That's all ... I'm just surprised. The rest of my comments aren't directed at you ...

So to address one other point (amongst the other mostly ridiculous replies) ...

The fact that the ref didn't call a 5 min penalty is meaningless. When do the refs get it right? Did they get it right on the Pauko hit? No. Did they get it right on this hit? No. Kaip is an enforcer. Nothing more. In a game where fighting is outlawed he is irrelevant except to a coach (and a fanbase) with a serious inferiority complex. I know you guys think you have an NHL team there in GF but ... psst ... you don't.

I find it ironic that I'm hoping Dirty will show some of this fanbase some maturity.

Dullard has indeed arrived today. Just like skating through center ice with your head down, the Wisco player did everything but hang a sign on him that said, "Hit me, I'm stupid". This was an open ice hit, face to face, with one player having his head down, no boards involved (the Punko hit didn't fit in that category in any way).

Kaip brings a lot to the Sioux lineup in forechecking and toughness, and, scoring in big games. Too bad your team doesn't have that; speaking of inferiority complexes............

Trying to figure out how you got into the teens in posts and still not in the ignore list :blush:

It wasn't charging, it wasn't from behind and it had no chance of drilling his head into the boards.

It also was while play was continuing.

didnt say it was charging anywhere in my post or even say it was a penalty or maybe you were referring to the posts above comparing it to pauks hit as i agree with ya. just stating the obvious that many sioux fans would have labeled it dirty if it happened to one of our players. no doubt about it

I do have to call it a charge. Although the Kozek's charging penalty looked pretty clean to me. I think Rylan takes about four strides into the scrum. He went for the wrecking ball effect. He wasn't trying to hurt anybody. He wanted to rock the player and rock the scrum in order to kick the puck loose.

Come on, Shepard was standing 5 feet away when he called it, it had to have been a charge :blush:

just stating the obvious that many sioux fans would have labeled it dirty if it happened to one of our players. no doubt about it

Umm, I would be one of them. Hitting someone when his head's down when the game is all but over is kinda unnecessary. I don't even mind it that it was called a charge at that point of the game. If the game was on the line it would have been a bad call.

Not that I'm in favor of situational officiating in general. :blush:

There is no penalty for checking a player with his head down - only for taking about 5 strides before you do it.

Typical Wisconsin - agitating and not being able to back it up and then whining after the fact.

I was watching the game on tv and I didnt even think kaip's hit deserved a penalty it wasn't dirty the stupid badger had his head down starring at the puck and kaip hit him...thats hockey. The Jones thing realy pissed me off when a badger had each arm and they were hitting him an all honesty ive never seen that in hockey. UND was by far the better team this weekend we left Madison with 2 points but we played well enough to get 4 sometimes that happens in hockey the bounces dont go your way. Saturday they did friday they didnt.

Good game last night, except for the fact we had to leave after the first period. My 2 y/o started having a melt down, he was too tired, so we had to bolt. After the two hour ride home, I got home just in time to watch the delayed game (1030p) broadcast on Wisconsin Public Television (didn't listen to the radio on the way home). I recorded it, and posted the fight on youtube...interesting to hear the homer Wisco announcers whine (Ron Vincent I think was his name).

One of the 1st period student chant worthy of reporting: Apparently Lammy didn't bring out his water bottle in the first period. Some of the students caught on (they are right behind him) and started chanting "Where's your water bottle?" (clap, clap, clap clap clap) for a few minutes. This was then followed by "De-hy-dra-tion" (clap, clap, clap clap clap).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9JbOnfG8k

Good game last night, except for the fact we had to leave after the first period. My 2 y/o started having a melt down, he was too tired, so we had to bolt. After the two hour ride home, I got home just in time to watch the delayed game (1030p) broadcast on Wisconsin Public Television (didn't listen to the radio on the way home). I recorded it, and posted the fight on youtube...interesting to hear the homer Wisco announcers whine (Ron Vincent I think was his name).

One of the 1st period student chant worthy of reporting: Apparently Lammy didn't bring out his water bottle in the first period. Some of the students caught on (they are right behind him) and started chanting "Where's your water bottle?" (clap, clap, clap clap clap) for a few minutes. This was then followed by "De-hy-dra-tion" (clap, clap, clap clap clap).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9JbOnfG8k

jonesy taking on 2 badgers :blush: classic

Yeah, too bad I couldn't have the radio on (seven second delay with the TV) instead of the homers that were covering the game on FSN. Don't remember the older guys name, but he refused to pronunciate Vande's name correctly. His partner could say it, the guy on the PA at the Kohl could say it, but this guy kept on saying VandeVeld. Also, couldn't make up his mind if it was Jenoway, of Genoway. Almost prefer the Maz and Wooger. Also, Props to the guys/gals that do the home games for FSSN. It's amazing what a good job they do at producing the games.

And of course, another thumbs down for Derek Shepard for his typical two nights of reffing. When will the insanity end?

Strike what I said about almost preferring the Maz and Woog to the Badgers announcers on FSN. Just got a chance to see the youtube video (btw, was that a recording of the TV screen?), I must have switched on the radio when the "fight" started. The one guy from FSN is almost as big of a Sid as Sid.