SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tigers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....what's this mean? I love all the Sweeney bashing by the way...good stuff, don't know much about him, except for what I see on the news when I'm in town. My other favorite news nerd in GF is that weather guy, too tall szamanski or something like that....?

That would be Too Tall Tom Schmankeimsdodsjski...whatever :D . He is the guy formerly known as the weatherman in Fargo. :lol:

hands down the best first period a team can ask for tonight. The defense broke down twice and thank god Lammy made the spectacular saves to keep them from scoring. Other than that the team was 100% solid for the first period. I think my buddy from above who's funeral was today was looking down on us cause wow, there was fire on the ice for the first 1/3 of the game.

I saw the stats/penalties for the goofer game and wow, what the hell is going on in minneapolis!?!?!? Is there a meth problem over there? :lol: 30 penalties total? sheesh Can't wait till we light up Denver now. joking. one game at a time..

If I didn't love college hockey so much, those idiots and that show would drive me from the TV. Similar to watching Michael Irving on the ESPN pre-game show, haven't watched it now for 4 years.

Poor Darby Hendrickson, even he's looking at the two other guys begging them to end the torture. Used to like him when he played for the Wild.

I don't think he's on it anymore. I believe Keyshawn Johnson is now the resident loudmouth.

First off, the Sioux played well tonight overall. Not too impressed with the final 10 minutes of the game. We got too relaxed. Not very crisp.

I believe that we played pretty smart hockey tonight. I agree that grit is needed at times, but CC was VERY aggressive tonight and they marched to the penalty box all night long. I think our game plan has to be similar to tonight's game tommorrow as we can't allow a team with the speed and talent CC has to get the better of us in special teams work.

Lovin' Kozek right now. Bina falls down and Kozek comes flyin out of nowhere to break up an odd man rush. I'm very happy that big hit by Fredheim on Kozek did no apparent damage.

Finley played a pretty solid game. Great to see LaPoint get his first goal as well.

JPL played alright. I don't think O'Connell is the answer for CC. Tomorrow we'll see the real future of the CC Tiger in nets. And I guarantee you goals will be harder to come by.

Oshie is a monster and, quite frankly, I am lovin' VV on the top line.

As for CC:

Walsky looks a lot better than he looked while he was with UAA. Him and Sweatt are dangerous.

Actually thought the 4th line had some good moments early but struggled later as Forney's tank seemed to get empty midway thru the 2nd. Don't like Radke tonight. Why play him when CC struggles to score 5 on 5? Radke is good for 3 trips to the box tonight if he suits up!

If there is a better 2-way player in college hockey than Oshie, let me know!

Thought Finley was totally suprised early by some of CC's players speed. Looked like a pylon early, but played much better there after.

JLP made some unremarkable saves early, but I'm sure he feels he should have stopped the 2 he let in.

I thought Walsky was the fastest player on the ice, but our guys did a nice job containing him (and Seatt and Rau.)

Think the boys will play just as well tonight...UND 5 CC 3.

That would be Too Tall Tom Schmankeimsdodsjski...whatever :D . He is the guy formerly known as the weatherman in Fargo. :lol:

Yeah Too Tall Szymanski was fired from channnel 11 news but i hear hes going to Bismarck possibly Im glad he is getting another weather job i dont care if he was a drunk he was a great weather man lol!!!

I've met Sweeney's significant other. Some people around here need to get lives. :lol:

Hey! Just for the record, I was supporting Sweeney by saying I saw him out an about!!! Only stating the truth that I never saw him in Dagwoods with a girl. And, I do have a life, it's simply revolves around educating kids and Sioux sports! :D

great performance last night all the way around. now tonight we should learn alot about this team and if it is developing a killer instinct. in year's past we might have let the fott off the gas a little after a performance like last night. if we come out and play with as much intensity as last night we should win if not anything goes.

Hey! Just for the record, I was supporting Sweeney by saying I saw him out an about!!! Only stating the truth that I never saw him in Dagwoods with a girl. And, I do have a life, it's simply revolves around educating kids and Sioux sports! :D

Well said. Besides, a guy with 12400 posts advising others to get a life?

From Brad's blog, Three Keys to Colorado College:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/index.cfm?blog=14865

1. Have the lead after the first period. Rookie goaltender Richard Bachman led the Tigers to a sweep over Minnesota earlier this season. During that weekend, his team never trailed at an intermission. In fact, in all three starts this season, Bachman has not trailed at an intermission. If the Sioux jump to an early lead, it will put the young goaltender in a position he has not faced yet.

Check.

2. Don't give CC more than five power plays. Jean-Philippe said this week that for the most part, UND has been more disciplined this season. That has helped the goaltender nab four shutouts in five games. The Sioux haven't allowed opponents too many even-strength chances, so if they can stay out of the box, it will make it that much harder for the Tigers to score.

Nope. The Sioux ended up with 7 penalties, but still held them off the board on the PP. Unfortunatly, both goals came even strength. Maybe tonight they can fix that.

3. Get a first goal of the season from someone. Lots of possibilities here -- Matt Watkins, Evan Trupp, Darcy Zajac, Michael Forney, Taylor Chorney, Robbie Bina, Joe Finley, etc. If the Sioux can get a goal out of one of these guys, it will provide a spark.

Check and double check. Finley and LaPoint both get their first of the season.

Looks like a good start, now let's hope they keep up the intensity for tonight for another two points.

to funny Bob in W lol :lol: IMO Patsweenie is the worst play by play guy on TV ...... it's time to upgrade on the FSSN!

I don't know if he's the worst. He's no Doc Emerick or anything....he's simply Sweeney. Maybe I got to accustom to him over the years I lived in GF.