SiouxSports.com Forum

Not trying to start anything but....

NDSUguy

The FIGHTING SIOUX name should definetly stay. My wife and I are having our basement done in Sioux colors with a lot of cool Sioux stuff. We live in Fargo, so all my Bison friends are welcome...yes I have a lot of Bison friends.

The FIGHTING SIOUX name should definetly stay. My wife and I are having our basement done in Sioux colors with a lot of cool Sioux stuff. We live in Fargo, so all my Bison friends are welcome...yes I have a lot of Bison friends.

They're sure a lucky bunch! :love:

It should stay until it is a proven net negative for UND.

We are not there.

I agree with this.

The only thing I'll add is that, when it does become apparent that it is time for a change, that UND does it on its own terms. Not that of the tribes. Not that of the NCAA. And definitely not that of the PC idiots out there who think that they should run the world (and the PC idiots who don't want to run the world).

------------------------------------------------

And yeah, having met LB, I'd say those Bison friends are lucky. :love:

I agree with this.

The only thing I'll add is that, when it does become apparent that it is time for a change, that UND does it on its own terms. Not that of the tribes. Not that of the NCAA. And definitely not that of the PC idiots out there who think that they should run the world (and the PC idiots who don't want to run the world).

------------------------------------------------

And yeah, having met LB, I'd say those Bison friends are lucky. :love:

I also want to say if we change the name WE (the pro Fighting Sioux name people) pick the name not anyone else. I feel if UND has to change the name after if the law suit doesn't go well or if that time comes where it's time to change. The name changing will have to do for the P.C. folks.

I agree with this.

Absolutely, keep the name. At the end of the day, it's the PC idiots that have oversight over the scheduling of athletic events that I see as the biggest risk.

The name changing will have to do for the P.C. folks.

First of all, I hope it never comes to that for your school. But playing along with your hypothetical for a moment, I would anticipate a backlash from some "I want to be constantly offended and continually identify myself as a victim" group no matter what name you might choose. :love:

I also want to say if we change the name WE (the pro Fighting Sioux name people) pick the name not anyone else. I feel if UND has to change the name after if the law suit doesn't go well or if that time comes where it's time to change. The name changing will have to do for the P.C. folks.

Hmmm I don't think we could take it that far. I actually think that would make us look worse.

What I'd say is that, if we did change the name, the students and alumni should have the say as to what the name should change to. Not the faculty or the tribes or any external entity that did not graduate from UND.

And those who do attend or have attended UND have the same weight of vote that everyone else does. Meaning, you have one vote worth one vote for one particular name choice. Just a simple vote. Majority wins. If the anti-nickname crowd supports a name that doesn't get approved by the majority, tough crap. If it is "The Tribe" or something to that effect, TOUGH CRAP.

I'm all for the "Be careful what you wish for" category of results.

That would be a cool basement. I am known as the "Sioux Fan" on my block as my neighbor has a big Bison flag in his front yard and the guy across the street has a van that is decorated with the words Thundering Herd on it. So to have a "Sioux" basement is really cool, i am not so lucky as my wife is a Bison fan except for Sioux hockey. :love: