SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SPARTANS - HOF Game

AZSIOUX

Lerg and Lamoureux had nearly identical stats last season.

Lerg

.913 save percentage

2.41 goals against average

.655 winning percentage

Lamoureux

.913 save percentage

2.42 goals against average

.622 winning percentage

Those are amazingly similar.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lerg and Lamoureux had nearly identical stats last season.

Lerg

.913 save percentage

2.41 goals against average

.655 winning percentage

Lamoureux

.913 save percentage

2.42 goals against average

.622 winning percentage

I wonder if the Gopher fans will make a webpage about Lerg being a sieve?

All joking aside, if Redwing_77 thinks the Wild are boring to watch State is even more boring.

Michigan State played their exhibition game tonight against Windsor and won 6-0. Didn't seem like much of a contest as they outshot Windsor 48-11, and didn't allow a shot on goal in the final period. That's gotta be almost impossible to do.

February 15, 1998....Sioux/Gophers game, Sioux only allowed 1 shot in the 3rd period. Not 0 shots, but we weren't playing Windsor either! :silly:

FYI: That first shot came within the first 20 seconds of the period too.

seriously though, the 4 that will sit are Davidson, Forney, Martens, and Marto

Since we're in random predictions mode, I expect Hak to put out a more physical line-up against Sparty:

Davidson, Forney, Miller, and LaPoint sit.

Against the faster BC next week Miller and LaPoint play.

Since we're in random predictions mode, I expect Hak to put out a more physical line-up against Sparty:

Miller won't sit all season unless he's injured.

I love how you say that Lapoint will sit this weekend but will play next week against a faster Boston College team. Marto is five times the skater that Lapoint is. I also agree that Miller will not sit a game this season. His offensive skills are too valuable to not have him in the lineup.

I love how you say that Lapoint will sit this weekend but will play next week against a faster Boston College team. Marto is five times the skater that Lapoint is. I also agree that Miller will not sit a game this season. His offensive skills are too valuable to not have him in the lineup.

I believe Sicatoka did place the disclaimer "random predicitons" in his post, meaning that's what his post was. You obviously have had the opportunity to fully evaluate both Marto and Lapoint to a greater depth than anyone else on this board. I'm not saying Lapoint is better than Marto, or vice-versa. However, Lapoint has excelled at every level he's played at thus far, and brings valuable assets to the team. I'll trust Hak and the decisions that he makes for gameday.

uscho/cstv tuesday at the rink questions and answers

http://www.cstv.com/chat/100507aab.html

:silly:

Matt (Rochester): Other than the Oshie-Duncan-whoever line, which line will be the best in college hockey this season?

Matt McConnell: Justin Abdelkader, Tim Crowder, and Tim Kennedy at Michigan State. I would say that line is as good as any, but it's so hard to tell. With all the new faces around college hockey this year, it'll be fun to watch that develop as the season goes on.

Dave Starman: Abdelkader-Crowder-Kennedy. This line does it all and does it at high tempo. I like whomever skates with Kevin Porter and Chad Kolarik at Michigan. BU, BC, and UNH have some real talent up front. I wonder if Benn Ferrerio, Nathan Gerbe, and Brock Bradford are a trio on a consistent basis...good luck stopping them every night. Gerbe is great, and should be a Hobey candidate.

bill new ulm mn: Is north dakota everyones pick preseason ?

Matt McConnell: I think they're going to be in the hunt at the end. It'll definitely be a younger lineup, but I expect a vintage type of North Dakota season, in that they may start out a bit slower, but will have it ramped up come stretch time, and that's really a tribute to their head coach, Dave Hakstol, and his coaching staff. They'll be very good, but my pick to go all the way is Boston College.

Dave Starman: I don't know or care what everyone else picks, I'm picking North Dakota based on these factors. 1) Their goaltending is much better than given credit for. I almost fell over laughing last April when ESPN's studio show was killing Lamoreaux for a bad middle part of the season. Did you guys have any idea that he had a high ankle sprain most of the year? The kid can play and will play well. 2) They have depth up front outside of the big two. Brad Miller is great, what a character kid. Rylan Kaip will knock over a tank to get to a loose puck. Andrew Kozek and Matt Watkins are solid contributors. Their defense is probably better now than it was last year. 3) They are so well coached its laughable. Dave Hakstol has a handle on that program that makes it the type of team that can roll through adversity and respond.

Matt McConnell: Dave is dead on regarding Brad Miller. He might be the most underrated player in the WCHA heading into the season.

Dave Starman: Matt-Boston College? Two rookie goalies is a tough task to win a national title. However, they have the nations best captain in Mike Brennan!

Matt McConnell: Dave, your Long Island boy is a great leader, but you know me...I'm going out on a limb with the two freshman goalers.

Miller's offensive skills are line-up worthy.

Are Miller's defensive skills (including and namely physical play along the boards)?

That, friends, is the question.

I figure Marto and LaPoint will "back and forth" the 6th defensive spot all season (unless the unspeakable happens and both are in the line-up). I picked Marto to play in GF vs. a more physical MSU and then LaPoint to play against a smaller BC on the road (with Marto then playing a more physical Northeastern the next night). Why do I figure all of that? Next year we'll most likely not have Bina (senior), Finley, and Chorney and both (Marto, LaPoint) need to be ready to be a top 4 defense skater. That's my guess.

CAN THEY REPEAT? MSU gets back on the ice this weekend, begins title defense

NO!!!

Michigan State junior goaltender Jeff Lerg and his teammates have enjoyed good times since winning the NCAA men’s hockey championship in April. But after receiving their championship rings last week and being honored at halftime of Saturday’s football game, the Spartans are ready to put last season behind them.

“One thing we gotta remember is that nothing is automatic,” Lerg said. “Just because we won a national championship doesn’t mean we’re just going to put our jersey on and be an automatic winner every game. Work hard and be persistent. That’s what got us there.”

The No. 3-ranked Spartans kick off the season with a huge test, facing top-ranked North Dakota in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game at 8 p.m. Saturday in Grand Forks, N.D.