SiouxSports.com Forum

LAMMY

CASiouxfan

I think that was allot more of teasing than mocking. Lammy/JPL/Jojo the Goalie/Whatever he wants to be called had a bad period in a game that didn't matter. Who cares? Now if he comes out and plays horrible next Saturday, maybe there is something to worry about, but I doubt it.

very true. I guess I agree more of the teasing than mocking part also. But I do recall last year when grieco got the start but there as an obvious plan as soon as he(grieco) gave up a goal, or two that lammy would be coming in. And there was boo's everywhere when lammy came in that game. Yet it was obvious that it was the game plan since lammy was on the ice putting his helmet on even before the other team could finish celebrating. But whatever, go sioux and go lammy!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very true. I guess I agree more of the teasing than mocking part also. But I do recall last year when grieco got the start but there as an obvious plan as soon as he(grieco) gave up a goal, or two that lammy would be coming in. And there was boo's everywhere when lammy came in that game. Yet it was obvious that it was the game plan since lammy was on the ice putting his helmet on even before the other team could finish celebrating. But whatever, go sioux and go lammy!

Wasn't it determined in a thread after that game that it wasn't Jean-Philippe (must get used to his full name) getting boo'd, that it was something else going on at that time on the ice? Or was it "now in goal for the Sioux, Philippe Lamoureuuuuuuxxxx!!!", with much of the crowd joining in with the announcer.

for the fans to clap when he made a save after he let his second goal in was simply sickening. Yeah dont like him, you think he sucks, or whatever, that was wrong and I forgot what goalie got us to the frozen four last year? :lol:

That shows how stupid the fans are - he didn't actually make a save in the game. ???

If he has a 0 save % after facing Michigan State, maybe there will be some cause for concern.

for the fans to clap when he made a save after he let his second goal in was simply sickening. Yeah dont like him, you think he sucks, or whatever, that was wrong and I forgot what goalie got us to the frozen four last year? :lol:

Am I missing something???, Lammy or (Jean Paul Phillpe.... you know what I mean) has not won us anything! Did we win the championship last year??? As a senior you need to lead by example, as we all know, he has had plenty of chances to prove himself. It's pretty easy for an average goalie to play in front of a prowerhouse team like UND. Just take a look around the league at the other senior goalies from last year, they lead their teams. I know it's only a game, but come on look like you care.

Am I missing something???, Lammy or (Jean Paul Phillpe.... you know what I mean) has not won us anything! Did we win the championship last year??? As a senior you need to lead by example, as we all know, he has had plenty of chances to prove himself. It's pretty easy for an average goalie to play in front of a prowerhouse team like UND. Just take a look around the league at the other senior goalies from last year, they lead their teams. I know it's only a game, but come on look like you care.

When we see him actually play for a full game, maybe we'll be more ready to torch him like you are. As for last year, I seem to remember only one team winning the national championship, meaning all the other goalies who were such great leaders (in your eyes) didn't win squat either. As for the team who won, I thought it was more due to the system than the goalie.

I totally let that performance go already and anyone still thinking about it should stop becuase it was clearly jp being all nervous and getting over excited about everything. We know he has potential and to say he hasn't won us anything would be a lie... jp didn't win or loose a frozen four for us... we win and loose as a team.

When we see him actually play for a full game, maybe we'll be more ready to torch him like you are. As for last year, I seem to remember only one team winning the national championship, meaning all the other goalies who were such great leaders (in your eyes) didn't win squat either. As for the team who won, I thought it was more due to the system than the goalie.

My point is not to torch Lammy.............but we should not be a one goalie show!! If he's the go to guy, let's build a supporting staff... What happens next year?

Wasn't it determined in a thread after that game that it wasn't Jean-Philippe (must get used to his full name) getting boo'd, that it was something else going on at that time on the ice? Or was it "now in goal for the Sioux, Philippe Lamoureuuuuuuxxxx!!!", with much of the crowd joining in with the announcer.

No, it was clearly booing lammy that he was replacing Grieco so quickly.. I remember booing the fans around me that were booing at Lammy :lol: Anyways, Lammy will pull his weight this year, however I hope one of the other goalies get there chance to prove themself a few times this year.

Would they have counted that second goal as a save if it hadn't gone in? Two goals on one shot?

On the other side it was classless to mock our goalie after making a save. As someone already correctly pointed out his play in practice is a better indication of whether he's going to start this weekend.

Jean-Phillipe has the skills but he's had a problem with recovering from a goal he thinks he should have gotten. I hope that he can use this to as a way to overcome that.

The booing episode I think was against Tech last year. There was a terrible play where a number of players missed the play as the Techie brought the puck end to end and scored. It was not the goalies fault but he was pulled anyhow.

That's why in my opinion why the boobirds were out. (I didn't boo but I felt like it for that reason).

I really felt bad for the goalie. I thought he should have been restored at the start of the third to let him know it wasn't his fault. But Hak saw differently and I'm not saying he was wrong.

Wow. This is alot of worrying by some people after an exhibition game.

Insane.

No.

What we should do is:

PLAY WALSKI! He's a North Dakota native too! AND he stopped something like 75,000 shots in a high school tourney game 12 years back!

(for those of you keeping track, that's not bad for a 3rd string goaltender. Too bad his roster spot this year will grow from "3rd string practice goaltender" only to "3rd string goaltender/ 1st string practice goaltender")

JPL

Grieco

Walski

Just as it should be. In that order I trust.

I am thinking after watching the game last night Grieco is going to push Lammy for playing time and this should work its way out. Grieco and Walski looked pretty good last night.

No, it was clearly booing lammy that he was replacing Grieco so quickly.. I remember booing the fans around me that were booing at Lammy ??? Anyways, Lammy will pull his weight this year, however I hope one of the other goalies get there chance to prove themself a few times this year.

RELAX ....... the fans that clapped was sickening? The home crowd was only having a little fun with L (whats his name now?) I am sure that Lammy will have a good year and as I said last year I think Greico will be a great backup and will have a hand in winning our 8th National Championship ??? .....................................................and perhaps he was a little tipsy like diggler said :lol:

I am thinking after watching the game last night Grieco is going to push Lammy for playing time and this should work its way out. Grieco and Walski looked pretty good last night.

What a dilemma!! Three goalies with the potential to be our #1 goalie!!!! :lol:

What a dilemma!! Three goalies with the potential to be our #1 goalie!!!! :lol:

you really think that?

i see a #1 goalie that had a very solid season last year when given the every night gig

i see a backup in grieco that had a couple good games last year and a couple very bad games as well but hopefully will get a few games this season here and there to keep him on point

i see a walk on goalie who has played 1 or 2 real game periods in his career last season due to injury and grieco not playing well when phil was out and wont play more than that again this season barring injury

not bashing just seeing it for what it is

hak said it after last nghts game, phil will bounce back be fine. it is what it is. im sure if hak didnt pre determine that each would play a period that phil would have gotten a chance to redeem himself in the 2nd but it didnt happen that way

you really think that?

Well, maybe not for the #1 position but I do think we'll be ok if Philippe, uh, Jean-Philippe, for what ever reason, is unable to fullfill his duties as the #1 goalie our two runners up will be able to step up and do as good or almost as good a job.

RELAX ....... the fans that clapped was sickening? The home crowd was only having a little fun with L (whats his name now?) I am sure that Lammy will have a good year and as I said last year I think Greico will be a great backup and will have a hand in winning our 8th National Championship ??? .....................................................and perhaps he was a little tipsy like diggler said :lol:

Funny.....The tender formerly known as "Phil" was probably laughing when the crowd clapped. For those of you there that didn't clap, you probably thought about clappin!

you really think that?

i see a #1 goalie that had a very solid season last year when given the every night gig

i see a backup in grieco that had a couple good games last year and a couple very bad games as well but hopefully will get a few games this season here and there to keep him on point

i see a walk on goalie who has played 1 or 2 real game periods in his career last season due to injury and grieco not playing well when phil was out and wont play more than that again this season barring injury

not bashing just seeing it for what it is

hak said it after last nghts game, phil will bounce back be fine. it is what it is. im sure if hak didnt pre determine that each would play a period that phil would have gotten a chance to redeem himself in the 2nd but it didnt happen that way

I am saying Grieco will play more than 6 games this season and is already looking better with his position and rebounds.

Well, maybe not for the #1 position but I do think we'll be ok if Philippe, uh, Jean-Philippe, for what ever reason, is unable to fullfill his duties as the #1 goalie our two runners up will be able to step up and do as good or almost as good a job.

Hey Bert Parks, will he have to give up his crown, too? :lol:

Let me get this straight - Grieco actually faced the grand total of 3 shots on Sunday night and he is already deemed better than anyone else on his angles and rebounds?? From my perspective I saw three goalies that did not look sharp. Neither Greico nor Walski handled the puck very cleanly or crisply or with confidence. And at least one of the two gave up a horrible rebound that should have been a goal.

Let's face it - Sunday night was nothing more than a meaningless exhibition game exactly one day after full team practices were allowed. The Sioux are neither as bad as the three goals they gave up, nor as good as the nine goals they scored. Let's not go overboard here. Man, last year I think we got to the end of October before people started falling off the bandwagon and under the wheels. The real season hasn't even started and here we go again. Give it a little rest. Its a long season and everyone will have more opportunities to jump off a cliff later on.

Let me get this straight - Grieco actually faced the grand total of 3 shots on Sunday night and he is already deemed better than anyone else on his angles and rebounds?? From my perspective I saw three goalies that did not look sharp. Neither Greico nor Walski handled the puck very cleanly or crisply or with confidence. And at least one of the two gave up a horrible rebound that should have been a goal.

Let's face it - Sunday night was nothing more than a meaningless exhibition game exactly one day after full team practices were allowed. The Sioux are neither as bad as the three goals they gave up, nor as good as the nine goals they scored. Let's not go overboard here. Man, last year I think we got to the end of October before people started falling off the bandwagon and under the wheels. The real season hasn't even started and here we go again. Give it a little rest. Its a long season and everyone will have more opportunities to jump off a cliff later on.

The skate for eight is an intense one...are you in or out?! :lol: