SiouxSports.com Forum

Guns on Campus

GeauxSioux

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how you are using Ted Nugent as your poster child...He just screams credibility.

ted_nugent.jpg

I will take that as a compliment. Thanks. You're finally coming around. I will always believe the word of Ted. And to anyone that wants some more of Ted's word, as it is great. Check out "God, Guns, and Rock N Roll" by Ted. Great insight, and gives you a lot to think about.

From Doug Leier's blog

I think this sums it up well...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control

I dig the song "Cat Scratch Fever" and enjoy the work Ted did while he was a member of Damn Yankees, but have no respect for him as an individual. After seeing his Behind The Music special on VH1 I realized what an egotistical self-righteous prick he is. He really needs to shut the hell up with all that conservative proganda and just play the guitar. Rock musicians are paid to entertain, not preach.

End of rant.

Does that apply to all your leftys in the entertainment business too?

I dig the song "Cat Scratch Fever" and enjoy the work Ted did while he was a member of Damn Yankees, but have no respect for him as an individual. After seeing his Behind The Music special on VH1 I realized what an egotistical self-righteous prick he is. He really needs to shut the hell up with all that conservative proganda and just play the guitar. Rock musicians are paid to entertain, not preach.

End of rant.

Someone needs to tell Michael Moore the same thing. Except he is not very entertaining; just fat. :lol:

That is a fair point. I'm not saying hunting should be illegal, just saying I personally don't like it. I like to eat meat, but I don't have it in me to kill an animal. Am I not entitled to express that opinion without being piled on by all the people who love guns and love hunting? :lol:

To all of you who have said it, you're right! This guy is just being contrary for the sake of being on the other side of the fence from the majority.

First he calls hunting the 'murder of defenseless animals'. Now, he's saying hunting shouldn't be illegal. Oh, never mind, this is DaveK after all......

The animals don't have guns to shoot back at the hunters with, therefore they are defenseless. They are killed, therefore it is murder. Nowhere in those statements was it ever implied that I was campaigning to make hunting illegal. If it was outlawed tomorrow I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I'm not crusading against hunting so much as I am for tougher gun control laws.

I don't go around being contrary for the sake of being on the other side from the majority on any and all subjects, only the ones I feel passionate about. I don't pretend to be on the other side of the argument just to have something to debate, I believe strongly in every point that I argue for or against. There are many topics I am on the side of the majority, but I don't waste my breath preaching to the choir.

The animals don't have guns to shoot back with? Come on. That is the worst argument I have heard on the hunting topic.

Do I need to explain to you the order of the food chain?

The animals don't have guns to shoot back at the hunters with, therefore they are defenseless. They are killed, therefore it is murder.

Do you also consider it murder when fast animals with sharp teeth and claws attack, kill and eat slower, defenseless animals? I call that "nature," not "murder."

Humans can't fly. They're not that fast. They can't swim underwater for long periods of time. So they have to obtain food using the best weapon nature gave them -- their brains.

You obviously have no problem with people raising defenseless animals and using technology to kill them for you to eat. But for some reason, you feel morally superior because you pay mercenaries to do the dirty work for you. How convenient.

The animals don't have guns to shoot back at the hunters with, therefore they are defenseless. They are killed, therefore it is murder. Nowhere in those statements was it ever implied that I was campaigning to make hunting illegal. If it was outlawed tomorrow I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I'm not crusading against hunting so much as I am for tougher gun control laws.

I don't go around being contrary for the sake of being on the other side from the majority on any and all subjects, only the ones I feel passionate about. I don't pretend to be on the other side of the argument just to have something to debate, I believe strongly in every point that I argue for or against. There are many topics I am on the side of the majority, but I don't waste my breath preaching to the choir.

DaveK, if I understand correclty, based-off of numerous posts that you have made over the last several weeks:

(1) You are against fighting in hockey as it is barbaric and brutal

(2) You are against hunting and the slaughter of innocent animals

(3) You are against having a gun as it may cause harm - see # 2 above

(4) With your way left liberal views, how do you stand on Roe vs. Wade?

Tell me how consistent you are....I already know your answer this one.

I have heard Bottineau College has gun racks in the dorms main offices for students to put their guns in

Sounds like a good compromise to me. 'Dorm main offices' should be more secure than dorm rooms which are likely open to friends, friends' friends, casual visitors, etc.

You guys are all taking the topic way out of context. There is a way to state and argue your opinion on a topic using the facts at hand and keeping personality out of it.

Why does everything have to turn into a damn moral standards debate lately? Jeez. :lol:

I'm now way left liberal on every topic. Although I tend to lean towards the liberal side of most issues, I judge each individual topic for what it is and come to my own conclusion based on what I think personally. I'm not crazy about the idea of gay marriage, which is generally considered by many to be a topic of liberal propaganda.

You said it. :lol: but what the heck does Gay marriage have to do with this conversation.

End of rant.

Wow, but it's ok for the Left Wing artists to spreak their propaganda at their concerts? I can't see you complaining about that. Self Righteous prick? Seems a little harsh. I suggest wearing blinders. :silly: Ted is who he is...

Rock musicians are paid to entertain, not preach. I don't care if their views are conservative or liberal, either way they're likely to alienate half the audience. The concert stage isn't their place to spew political propaganda. Yes, Ted is who he is... a self-righteous prick who I would not get along with if I knew him personally. I respect him as a musician, but not as a person.

Self-righteous? Because he tells everyone who will listen to stay away from drugs. This after seeing all his friends in the 60's -70's waste their lives doing drugs. He helps out in Africa by actually feeding the people when he goes there, not doing a photo shoot like others. Self- righteous because he has an understanding of right and wrong. Too bad we are all so "self-righteous".