SiouxSports.com Forum

Guns on Campus

GeauxSioux

thread is in need of hunting do humor.

New diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my dog, Schatzi, and

was in line to check out.

The woman behind me asked if I had a dog......Duh!!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her NO. I was

starting the Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended

up in the hospital the last time, but that I'd lost 50 lbs. before I'd

awakened in the intensive care unit with tubes coming out most of my

orifices and IV's in both arms. Her eyes bugged out of her head. I

went on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it. I told her

that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to

load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two

every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally

complete so I was going to try it again.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and

was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I said no.... I'd been sitting in the middle of the street licking my

a$$ when a car hit me.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He helps out in Africa by actually feeding the people when he goes there, not doing a photo shoot like others.

This post is not about Ted as an individual.

Why do celebrities go thousands of miles away from home to feed the hungry. Right here, in the United States, we have tens of thousands of women, children, and men who are hungry, who need housing, who need health care and before anyone jumps on the illegal alien bus, most of the these men, women and children are United States citizens. Many of these poor individuals are in their present state of hopelessness through no fault of their own. Feed your neighbor first then go save the rest of the world.

*steps off soap box*

I do appreciate his anti-drug stance, but the guns propaganda really rubs me the wrong way.

Yes, but at least Ted is preaching about something he has an extensive knowledge of. You on the other hand try to preach the evils of guns/hunting, even after you admit that you have not, nor ever will participate in the use of firearms or hunting. That makes everything you say about the subject nothing more than trivial psychoblabber as far as I'm concerned.

Rock musicians are paid to entertain, not preach. I don't care if their views are conservative or liberal, either way they're likely to alienate half the audience. The concert stage isn't their place to spew political propaganda. Yes, Ted is who he is... a self-righteous prick who I would not get along with if I knew him personally. I respect him as a musician, but not as a person.

Yeah, I know what you mean...Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, George Clooney, Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, Janeane Garofalo, the d bag running for Senator in Minnesota, Barbara Streisand, Susan Sarandon, Rosie "FF" O'Donnel, the list could go on and on and on, but you get the idea.

Why should anyone give a s**t what these people think? I don't, but, you've got to love the Nuge! You wouldn't want him his a neighbor, but he'd be a pretty cool Uncle! He might be self righteous, but he's pretty much spot on about every thing that he says.

Yeah, I know what you mean...Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, George Clooney, Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, Janeane Garofalo, the d bag running for Senator in Minnesota, Barbara Streisand, Susan Sarandon, Rosie "FF" O'Donnel, the list could go on and on and on, but you get the idea.

Why should anyone give a s**t what these people think? I don't, but, you've got to love the Nuge! You wouldn't want him his a neighbor, but he'd be a pretty cool Uncle! He might be self righteous, but he's pretty much spot on about every thing that he says.

You're right, 'Why should anyone give a s**.....'

I just want to say that just because someone is a celebrity, thay doesn't meant they don't have or shouldn't have an opinion. They're lucky that their celebrity gives them the public exposure to have their opinion broadcast farther than a sports forum. If I had that same celebrity, man o' man, just think of the possibilities..............

You're right, 'Why should anyone give a s**.....'

I just want to say that just because someone is a celebrity, thay doesn't meant they don't have or shouldn't have an opinion. They're lucky that their celebrity gives them the public exposure to have their opinion broadcast farther than a sports forum. If I had that same celebrity, man o' man, just think of the possibilities..............

If I had that celebrity I would think about all the possibilities of groupies. Nothing says "I'm a big star" like wrestling a bunch of drunk chicks in a tub full of jello backstage. But hey, that's me.

I'll agree to disagree with that. I believe that if a person feels threatened by the presence of something that exists in society they have the right to speak out against it.

I might have missed something here, but who is pressuring you to purchase and use a firearm for hunting or personal defense. Who is making you go out and kill what you call "defenseless animals." Who is asking you to defend youself or your loved ones with a firearm? No one, yet you feel threatened by the mere existence of firearms. That's your only excuse for acting like this, lame, lame, lame. What ever happened to live and let live?

It makes me nervous knowing that people out there in society own guns and some even carry them in their vehicles. With all of stories in the news about gun crimes that happen somewhere in America every day it seems, I don't know how any rational person can not feel threatened knowing that so many people out there own guns and chances are pretty good that a lot of them are trigger happy.

Personally, I feel far more threatened by people under the influence driving vehicles.

It makes me nervous knowing that people out there in society own guns and some even carry them in their vehicles. With all of stories in the news about gun crimes that happen somewhere in America every day it seems, I don't know how any rational person can not feel threatened knowing that so many people out there own guns and chances are pretty good that a lot of them are trigger happy.

That statement is missguided. :silly: Your logic couldn't be further from the truth.

Worth Repeating:

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution

That statement is missguided. :love: Your logic couldn't be further from the truth.

You may be nervous, but how would you feel in this situation? You and I are at Hugo's tonight at just about midnight, we're in the checkout lane, the only three in the front of the store, and a guy runs in with a ski mask on and holds a gun pointed right at your head and demands money from you and the teller. I'm behind the sight of the armed robber. Do you want me to do nothing, and let him possibly take you out. Or should I draw my concealed carry and put one into his shoulder to disarm him? Now how safe do you feel about the people that you have no clue that are carrying guns for your and their protection?

If I had that celebrity I would think about all the possibilities of groupies. Nothing says "I'm a big star" like wrestling a bunch of drunk chicks in a tub full of jello backstage. But hey, that's me.

That sounds kind of compelling, wrestling in Jello with a bunch of groupie chicks. :love:

Worth Repeating:

~ Thomas Jefferson

You may be nervous, but how would you feel in this situation? You and I are at Hugo's tonight at just about midnight, we're in the checkout lane, the only three in the front of the store, and a guy runs in with a ski mask on and holds a gun pointed right at your head and demands money from you and the teller. I'm behind the sight of the armed robber. Do you want me to do nothing, and let him possibly take you out. Or should I draw my concealed carry and put one into his shoulder to disarm him? Now how safe do you feel about the people that you have no clue that are carrying guns for your and their protection?

Double tap to the head, just like Mitch Rapp or John Clark would do. Well they'd probably just disarm the dude without drawing their weapon, but you get the point.

*raises hand*

I would say please shoot.

For one, using one of these idiot joke lists doesn't really help anyone make an informed decision about anything. For another, my comments are below.

From Doug Leier's blog

I think this sums it up well...

~ Thomas Jefferson

Irrelevant

How about an attribution here? Point to the first person who knows who said it (and it wasn't some redneck)

DaveK, if I understand correclty, based-off of numerous posts that you have made over the last several weeks:

(1) You are against fighting in hockey as it is barbaric and brutal

(2) You are against hunting and the slaughter of innocent animals

(3) You are against having a gun as it may cause harm - see # 2 above

(4) With your way left liberal views, how do you stand on Roe vs. Wade?

Tell me how consistent you are....I already know your answer this one.

You know, I wish everyone would quit this liberal/conservative crap. How about we try to judge people on what they think, not what supposed political group you think they might be affiliated with?