SiouxSports.com Forum

Guns on Campus

GeauxSioux

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... the fact that I had a problem with the classless way your team played and called your coach out on it?

Look who's calling who classless; too, too, funny!!! So, DaveK you 'called out' the little guys' coach. And you blame the parents on that team for defending their coach! :angry:

Unlike, Dirty, I find this thread hilarious or, rather, I find DaveK hilarious. Everytime he posts something it verifies that my assessment of the man is right on. :glare:

Yep, I'm a bit@h. :p

Every time I read this thread, I wish that a drunk driver would have plowed into me the night before as it would have spared me.

Ok, call me the night before you come back to this thread. Give me a couple of months though. I'm still recovering from Saturday night. :glare:

So instead of just stealing jerseys from me, you're gonna run me over now? Wow, you're really stepping up your game this year. :glare:

SWEETIE!!! You said, "Every time I read this thread, I wish that a drunk driver would have plowed into me the night before as it would have spared me." I just was gonna help you out!!

As for the parents defending their coach, there was nothing to defend. I was not in any way intimidating towards him and I did not raise my voice with him (although I have to admit I did raise my voice with the parents who got in my face and tried to intimidate me). When I called the coach out I did it tactfully. I was calm when I approached him and stated merely the facts without letting any emotion get into it. My tone of voice with him was pleasant even if the topic wasn't. He did not need to be defended as the conversation remained very civil before the vigilante psycho hockey parents butted in.

When I read this, I have to ask, Dave: Do you understand the words coming out of your computer?

Because how you described the incident then and how you describe it now seem worlds apart.

The funny thing here is that in daves original take on this situation he uses words like "angry" and "going off" to describe his conversation with that coach. Now, he says things like "not intimidating" and "tactfull" and "calm" and "not letting my emotions get into it" to describe the scene. Classic.

The funny thing here is that in daves original take on this situation he uses words like "angry" and "going off" to describe his conversation with that coach. Now, he says things like "not intimidating" and "tactfull" and "calm" and "not letting my emotions get into it" to describe the scene. Classic.

But I'm the liar.

LMFAO

Look, I'm not the only person who thought that team was classless. I talked to a lot of people associated with other teams throughout the state, and it seemed like about 2 out of every 3 sort of rolled their eyes in disgust when I asked them if they had played that team. That coach even admitted he was getting tired of people being upset with them almost everywhere they played. If people were getting upset almost everywhere there was obviously something more to it, and not just a problem with me. That team had pissed off a lot of kids, parents, and coaches from Fargo to Grafton and all places in between.

As for the parents defending their coach, there was nothing to defend. I was not in any way intimidating towards him and I did not raise my voice with him (although I have to admit I did raise my voice with the parents who got in my face and tried to intimidate me). When I called the coach out I did it tactfully. I was calm when I approached him and stated merely the facts without letting any emotion get into it. My tone of voice with him was pleasant even if the topic wasn't. He did not need to be defended as the conversation remained very civil before the vigilante psycho hockey parents butted in.

I am going to call Bu!! S#!T on this one. First off I was the coach and you came up to me with some petty complaint, it makes you sound like a sore loser. Personally if I had been the coach I would have told you to shove off and go pound sand. Second, who are you to decided what is fair play or not? I would suggest that you leave the disputes to the coachs and stay in your seat. These are the classic hockey parent stories we hear about all the time.

People all over the state were pissed off at that team, not just me. The coach even said he was getting tired of people getting upset with them everywhere they went, that speaks volumes about the validity of my complaint.

Your complaint was that we were cheating. Which we were not.

It all boiled down to a big town getting beat by a small town......and the big town didn't like it so much.

My point with all of this (since you have no clue what it still is) is that you ARE a sore loser, and when you talk about how bad being a sore loser is, your words and actions aren't consistant with each other.

This discussion has really veered out of the realm of general interest to Sioux fans.

Frankly, the incident was off-topic when raised as an attack on Dave. Once the subject was on the table, I'm sympathetic to everyone's desire to tell their side of the story, but at this point I don't see any benefit to it going any further in this venue.

I'd appreciate everyone dropping it.

This discussion has really veered out of the realm of general interest to Sioux fans.

Frankly, the incident was off-topic when raised as an attack on Dave. Once the subject was on the table, I'm sympathetic to everyone's desire to tell their side of the story, but at this point I don't see any benefit to it going any further in this venue.

I'd appreciate everyone dropping it.

I was called a liar, in a thread where I don't believe I had even posted yet. My post was to defend myself.

And now the subject continues in my private message inbox. :lol:

If anyone has something to say to me, please post it so everyone can see it, don't send me private messages.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...