SiouxSports.com Forum

Guns on Campus

GeauxSioux

It seems as though you don't enjoy train wrecks unless you cause them. ???

When I was in the Army and going through Basic Training, the Drill Sargent would make those who got their gun and rifle mixed up chant the following:

This is my rifle

This is my gun

This is for shootin

This is for fun

Diggler....are you packing a rifle or a gun? :lol:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, It's not that simple. Why should I be forced to move out of my HOME because I do something that is 100% LEGAL in the USA??? Why don't you move out of the U.S. if you don't like guns and the fact that they are legal? It's that simple.

I could have sworn you said you were done with this thread, TWICE!

You are not being forced to move out of your place. You would be forced to store your gun in another location. Completely different circumstances.

Why don't I move out of the US if I don't like guns? Well, you claim the 2nd Amendment for your argument, I will go ahead and claim the 1st Amendment.

And by the way, if you are going to post something about this topic, make it interesting, insightful and/or funny and please refrain from responses that sound elementary, such as "I know you are but what am I?" If you need an example of such please reference your last post.

On the contrary, I find it very easy to eat meat without personally killing animals myself. Now, if it were not possible to get meat at a store or restaurant... if my only source of meat was to go out and kill the animal myself there would be a valid reason to hunt. But in reality that's not how it is, and therefore I see no good reason why people think they need to hunt.

Ted Nugent...calling Ted Nugent.

It tells me that you're losing your touch. :lol:???

Nah. I could be in the middle of this absolute disaster of a thread annoying all these Charlton Heston worshiping NRA wannabes if I really wanted to. I just chose to pick my spots. Sure I could get involved in this pointless battle, but I don't want to risk any of these would-be militia members shooting me. Therefore I'm remaining pretty much silent on the matter.

Nah. I could be in the middle of this absolute disaster of a thread annoying all these Charlton Heston worshiping NRA wannabes if I really wanted to. I just chose to pick my spots. Sure I could get involved in this pointless battle, but I don't want to risk any of these would-be militia members shooting me. Therefore I'm remaining pretty much silent on the matter.

Can you hear it? The calm before the storm.

OK, ONCE AGAIN, SIMPLE SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND. PEOPLE THAT ARE REPSONSIBLE GUN OWNERS WANT TO BE JUST THAT. SUPPORTING THE SECOND AMENDMENT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY YOU AS A GUN TOTING MUDEROUS PSYCHOPATH. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO OWN GUNS, HUNT, OR SHOOT FOR SPORT THAT'S FINE, BUT STOP PREACHING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO INTREST IN, NO DESIRE TO EVER HAVE ANY INTREST IN, AND CLEARLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

OK, ONCE AGAIN, SIMPLE SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND. PEOPLE THAT ARE REPSONSIBLE GUN OWNERS WANT TO BE JUST THAT. SUPPORTING THE SECOND AMENDMENT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY YOU AS A GUN TOTING MUDEROUS PSYCHOPATH. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO OWN GUNS, HUNT, OR SHOOT FOR SPORT THAT'S FINE, BUT STOP PREACHING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO INTREST IN, NO DESIRE TO EVER HAVE ANY INTREST IN, AND CLEARLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

WOOOO HOOOO!!!

I'll second that Triouxper.

It's called conservation, it's called game management, it's called controlling a particular species so that they won't get overpopulated, diseased and wastefully die. I wouldn't expect you to know that because this subject is just like the gun subject for you dave. You have never, nor will you ever partake of it, therefore you have no idea what you are preaching about. I'll trust the North Dakota Game and Fish and there ability to regulate this versus some granola eating tree huggers and their skewed opinions.

Nicely put, I am so glad those people aren't deciding if I can hunt or not. Half these people don't have a clue what they are talking about. The snow goose problem and them eating their selves out of house and home is a good reason you have to have conservation of the herd or flock.

Apartments, IMHO, are more secure than dorm rooms. I may be wrong.

It is irrelevant how secure the facility is. If you go down that road, should only people with deadbolts on their doors be able to have guns? Should only people with no first floor windows big enough to crawl through be allowed to have gun? It is irrelevant and should not determine if I can have a gun or not.

actually if you have a conceal weapon no one is probably going to know if you have one or not. You could keep it in your car if you have concealed permit to carry. I remember when Minnesota was having the debate wether they should allow people the right to have more concealed carry permits. People were saying oh my god crime is going to go through the roof: WRONG again, crime actually went down. imagine that.

But you are missing the fact that the government still knows who could have guns. That is bad. It is not the government's business.

Ted Nugent Rocks. I like his line of thinking you can let the criminal shoot you or you can stand your ground and defend yourself.

I've always thought Ted Nugent has his ducks in a row (then of course he shoots them).

His line of thinking has always been right on to me. Should something ever happen to me or my family or friends, I'd be there to defend them. If that means shooting someone, then so be it. I'm not going to sit back and take any abuse from someone. If it comes down to 'kill or be killed', I think everyone here would choose the former.

Shouldn't Ted be running for president? He might have some pretty good ideas for a solutoin to end this war we are in right now.