SiouxSports.com Forum

Guns on Campus

GeauxSioux

I would say give the guy in the ski mask what he wants. The sooner he gets what he wants the sooner he will run away from the scene without hurting anybody. After he's long gone we get on the phone and call the cops to report what had gone down. When some vigilante tries to play "hero" is when people can get hurt or killed.

He wants money, and witnesses dead, he doesn't care who he kills, he's on the run anyway. And i'm not just some "Vigilante playing hero", I believe I can make a difference. That's why I spend money on guns and ammunition. That's why I shoot around 100 rounds a week keeping proficient and dead on. It's to help out people like yourself, who can't help themselves, in bad situations.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants money, and witnesses dead, he doesn't care who he kills, he's on the run anyway. And i'm not just some "Vigilante playing hero", I believe I can make a difference. That's why I spend money on guns and ammunition. That's why I shoot around 100 rounds a week keeping proficient and dead on. It's to help out people like yourself, who can't help themselves, in bad situations.

davek only fights when things are real serious, like youth hockey games for instance.

You know, I wish everyone would quit this liberal/conservative crap. How about we try to judge people on what they think, not what supposed political group you think they might be affiliated with?

In no way, shape or form am I labeling a political group in my post - I am merely pointing out that DaveK has liberal views as he has openly admitted on this site. I am just asking him a question but thanks for your valued input....

This list seem pretty simple and straightforward to me. Hell, I bet a 3rd grader could comprehend it. Apparently your intelligence level hasn't advanced to that point yet, maybe you need a 3rd grader to explain it to you.

I think your right it is pretty straight forward. Wether a person likes it or not, the right to own a fire arm is a right protected by the consitution, this should not be infringed upon. I think TheTriouxper is right there is no question or grey area to this.

10. The United States Constitution

WRONG!!! :crazy:

I never started a fight at a youth hockey game, contrary to the lies a certain member of this board may have spewed. I went to an opposing coach with a question and was in turn verbally attacked by a bunch of overzealous parents. The last time I checked, asking a question is not fighting. Get a clue and have an idea what you're talking about before making such outrageous comments.

You finally got the point, congrats to you dave. Yes, what a great idea, get a clue before you post outrageous comments. Just for the record, I have friends that coach, and they all say the worst part about it is the "bad parents." You should never even approach a coach in that setting, it's plain wrong. If you feel you can do better, get your coaching certificate and get your ass on the bench.

Restricting guns won't prevent another tragedy

Monday, Jun 25, 2007 - 12:14 AM

BY JOHN PIERCE

SPECIAL TO THE HERALD COURIER

On April 16, Seung-Hui Cho, a mentally ill English major, attacked and systematically killed 32 people on the campus of Virginia Tech.

Almost immediately, a heated public debate was sparked about how we can prevent this type of attack in the future. Gun-control advocates were quick to use the tragedy to propose new and sweeping gun-control legislation. However, the best solution may be just the opposite.

It is easy to see why the 20,000-plus gun laws in our nation do not deter these types of attacks. Only law-abiding citizens honor the law, not the criminal nor the mentally disturbed. This creates a society of law-abiding, disarmed citizens who are helpless before those who would prey upon them.

WHILE CRIMES such as the one at Virginia Tech are always front-page news, you almost never see reporting of the more than 2.5 million successful defensive handgun uses that occur in the United States every year. This amazing number comes from a peer-reviewed study by Dr. Gary Kleck of the University of Florida

I would say give the guy in the ski mask what he wants. The sooner he gets what he wants the sooner he will run away from the scene without hurting anybody. After he's long gone we get on the phone and call the cops to report what had gone down. When some vigilante tries to play "hero" is when people can get hurt or killed.

Worked on 9/11, right?

I'll play the percentages, thank you very much.

Play with whatever you want, like it or not, you're safer because Americans that choose to do so can legally own firearms.

Not sure if anyone is aware of this, kind of relates to the topic at hand.

http://www.concealedcampus.org/

From the site:

The NATIONAL COLLEGIATE EMPTY HOLSTER PROTEST:

College students, nation wide, are participating in an event, the "National Collegiate Empty Holster Protest," to highlight the issue that students, faculty, and staff are made defenseless on campuses by state and/or campus rules which prevent firearms carry on campus.

The Empty Holster Protest will take place the entire week of Oct 22 thru Oct 26. See links to related articles at the end of this.

To assist our students to temporarily obtain holsters for this event, I'm asking you if you have any old belt or paddle holsters that you would lend. Even old In-side-the-waistband holsters will work ... since no gun is being used, an IWB holster can be worn outside of/and attached to the belt as a cross draw holster, or on the off-side as a reg. draw holster.

Since the object of the Empty Holster Protest is for the holsters to be seen, certain holsters would not be useful for this event. Holsters that are not easily recognized as holsters, like belt-slide and nondescript nylon pancake holsters, would not be useful.

If you want to loan some of your holsters, you might want to get in direct contact with the student leader of the college closest to your home. See http://concealedcampus.org/leaders.htm to find listings of colleges and campus leaders all across the nation.

Links to info

http://www.concealedcampus.org/press.htm

http://www.concealedcampus.org/arguments.htm

WRONG!!! :love:

I never started a fight at a youth hockey game, contrary to the lies a certain member of this board may have spewed. I went to an opposing coach with a question and was in turn verbally attacked by a bunch of overzealous parents. The last time I checked, asking a question is not fighting. Get a clue and have an idea what you're talking about before making such outrageous comments.

Based on your posts and the posts of 'a certain member of this board', I believe you are the liar. YOU approached the much younger than you coach of an opposing hockey team. YOU created an antagonistic environment. The parents of players on the opposing team came to the aide of their coach. YOU wanted to fight them, verbally or physically, doesn't matter, YOU were spoiling for a fight.

NO ONE is buying into your 'It's all about the kids' Mr. Good Guy. Before you start calling someone a liar, look into the mirror and decide if you really want people to see YOU for what you really are>> a poor loser who tried to intimidate a little guy's teen age (or just over) hockey coach because you didn't like the outcome of a hockey game. :crazy:

Based on your posts and the posts of 'a certain member of this board', I believe you are the liar. YOU approached the much younger than you coach of an opposing hockey team. YOU created an antagonistic environment. The parents of players on the opposing team came to the aide of their coach. YOU wanted to fight them, verbally or physically, doesn't matter, YOU were spoiling for a fight.

NO ONE is buying into your 'It's all about the kids' Mr. Good Guy. Before you start calling someone a liar, look into the mirror and decide if you really want people to see YOU for what you really are>> a poor loser who tried to intimidate a little guy's teen age (or just over) hockey coach because you didn't like the outcome of a hockey game. :crazy:

Yep, I'm convinced davek=bad hockey parent.

Of all the stories you've read in the paper about convenience stores being robbed, how many of them involved people being shot or killed? Very few. In most cases the guy robbing the store won't shoot anybody unless people step in and try to play "hero". Not that I have any experience with such situations, but of all the cases I've heard about they flee quickly without hurting anybody if you cooperate with them.

DaveK, Your two posts, directly above this one are totally naive. Yes it's true the most of the time an armed robbery ends with no one getting shot. But to say that all of the cases you've heard about ending well is wishful thinking. Google the following phrase "convenience store armed robbery shot." Things definitely didn't end well for all the people in those articles. I'd feel a lot better going into a convenience store in the middle of Crackville or Methtown if I was armed. Also, what a good deterrence against getting robbed if it's well known that your cashier is armed.

While your googling, check out how things are going for Australia with their gun ban. Not well. Almost all violent crime has risen.

You should really take a hunters safety course sometime. I think you'd change your views on a lot of your issues with guns. Don't worry, the hunters safety course isn't 10 hours of propaganda about hunting.

Have a clue what you're talking about before making an ignorant comment about something you have no real knowledge of. If the lies of a vindictive member of this forum convince you, then you are very easily convinced. I invite you to come to a game sometime and see for yourself that I am as quiet and mild mannered as any hockey parent you will ever encounter. It's pretty easy to spot me at a game, I'm the only one not yelling.

I'm proud to call Sioux-cia a friend. She is many times a better person than some of the people you seem to think have been "victimized" by her. You are the one who really needs to get your facts straight about that, believe me. If you want to know about lies by a vindictive member of this board look no further than your personal message account and I'm sure you will find some.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I will agree to disagree with you. I do know that there are significantly fewer gun crimes in countries with stiffer gun control laws, but the gun zealots just put their spin on it and refuse to see the facts for what they are.

Once again, and it has been statistically proven, you are wrong dave, but don't let cold hard facts cloud YOUR OPINION.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I will agree to disagree with you. I do know that there are significantly fewer gun crimes in countries with stiffer gun control laws, but the gun zealots just put their spin on it and refuse to see the facts for what they are.

Can you point me in the right direction Dave to help back up this statement? I'm failing to find any info on the web that supports what your saying. I would actually like to see the facts for what they are.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I will agree to disagree with you.

Surely you'd have no problem attaching these stickers to the doors and windows of your home then.

gun-free.gif

I do know that there are significantly fewer gun crimes in countries with stiffer gun control laws, but the gun zealots just put their spin on it and refuse to see the facts for what they are.

Naturally, if the figures don't support your case the other guy must be doing something disingenuous.

Regardless of whether or not you are friends with an individual who for some unknown reason has a personal vendetta against me, the fact of the matter is that you have no firsthand knowledge of my behavior at youth hockey games. So you happen to be friends with somebody who has a problem with me, that doesn't mean you're entitled to have a problem with me too. I'm actually a very nice guy to people who treat me decently. The ultimate irony of it all is the fact that Sioux-cia has no firsthand knowledge either, she is only distorting and exaggerating what she heard from somebody else. Neither one of you has ever seen me act inappropriately at a game and therefore have no right to spew false claims about what kind of hockey parent I am. I'm thick-skinned enough to roll with the punches when people don't agree with my opinions regarding fighting in hockey, the Gophers, or gun control. But when people spew lies about what kind of person I am (or in this case more specifically what kind of hockey parent I am) I tend to get pretty upset. You just can't make accusations like that about people without first knowing what you're talking about. I usually chalk things up to a difference of opinion, but you're 100% out of line on this one.

Like I said before, I have friends that coach, and believe me it is at a much higher level than we are talking about here. I don't care if you feel you were justified or not, but, according to people who coach, approaching a coach in a very public setting like you did is very, very inappropriate. It's just like everything else with you dave, if dave doesn't like something it is automatically wrong.

WRONG!!! :glare:

I guess I'm the liar, even though DaveK admitted what he did.

I didn't even mention your name when I referred to you and you spewed out the entire story....which by the way, made me laugh so hard I nearly wet my pants, because no one knew what I was talking about and you could have just ignored my post. But you took the bait........hook, line and sinker. :angry:

DaveK's own words:

Link

Call me a lot of things, but don't call me a liar when you said what you did.

Now, I will post what I was actually going to post in this thread, before I was so rudely interrupted.

I was still in bed this morning when my 11 year old came in to retrieve his shotgun to go hunting with his dad. He pulled it from it's space in the cabinet, opened the chamber and made sure that it was empty before leaving the room with it.

My point is this:

What's safer, a kid who has learned the importance of checking a gun to make sure that it's empty and has apparently learned gun safety.....or a kid that has been told that guns are evil and to never touch them?

From what I witnessed this morning, I'd put money on my kid being the safer of the two around a gun.

Going through life without ever touching a gun is the safest option. The thought of an 11 year old with a gun is extremely frightening in my opinion. I won't even let my 11 year old mow the lawn yet. Call me an overprotective parent, but I like to be better safe than sorry.

There are approximately 200 million firearms in the United States, someone with the education to properly and safetly handle a firearm is infinitely better off than someone who hopes to never come in contact with one.

It isn't always someone else's fault. It's only someone else's fault when someone else is rightfully to blame. It was my fault for taking the bait, and your fault for putting it out there. Not that I'm concerned about who's to blame for what. The fact of the matter is that baiting somebody is generally considered poor message board etiquette. That's why I thought it showed a lack of class on your part to bring something personal like that into a public forum.

I was proving a point when I baited you in. You took the bait, and proved exactly the point I was trying to make. Thank you. End of story.

You didn't have to say a word and you did, it's no one's fault but your own.

Kind of like when someone testifies on their own behalf in court trying to help themselves and digs their own grave, rather funny.

Message boards are for entertainment purposes........and DaveK, you make us laugh with your words of wisdom, so thank you....thank you very much.