• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the running of Ryan;

He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;

He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;

His truth is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Chappellelujah! Glory! Glory! Chappellelujah!

Glory! Glory! Chappellelujah! His truth is rushing on.

The game isn't over yet!

Mankato has all of their timeouts left.

1st down goes for one yard.

2nd down goes for 9 I think?:huh: I'm not sure what Hammer said there.

3rd and 1........BALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sioux will win......aghh....what a game......

Wow, what a game! What a great comeback for the Sioux to win it! Defense really stepped up in the final moments of the game.

Hopefully the Sioux will get some good practice and be ready for UNO. More so I'm excited cause I'll be attending the game ;). I just hope it doesn't turn out like it did the last time I attended a UND-UNO game :huh:.

None the less great win Sioux!! Bring on Nebraska-Omaha!

CWU beats USD today...45-40. Does anybody in the NCC play defense anymore?

I think it just shows that there are not weekends off in the final season in the NCC. UND shut out Augie last weekend so I wouldn't say there isn't defense anymore. The offenses are better.

I hope Minnesota State plays a great game and gives us a challenge. We are facing a tough UNO next week and need to be as prepared as possible and know how to play a complete game. However, I see UND taking over in the second half and winning big.

UND 45

MSU 27

I guess I got my wish. I was hoping that they would give us a game because they played a pretty much perfect game, not because our team didn't play at it's best.

Either way, we got the W.

I think the main thing that this game does is gives UND a huge shift in momentum going into next weekends tough tough matchup against UNO. If UND lost this game they still would play the Mavs tough next weekend, but I don't think there would be the same fire.

I can't wait to be at next weekends game! :huh:

Injuries:

Brett Bauer hurt his ankle

Chappel has a bruised back, but was able to play through it.

I love Grand Forks Central running backs. ;)

UND 38

MSU 34

FINAL!!!

We overcame a 10 point deficet in 6:46 to win

Lennon: had a few last year like this, you have to expect this on the road... it's never easy. We didn't give up. Ten down with six minutes we found a way to do it at the end. We said we needed to score, to give ourselves a chance, had a couple of nice plays... didn't use much time and that was the biggest thing. The play to Chappell was just a crosser, he came under and found the seam... he was banged up today, battling a bruise since the first play. Defense had final two stands... made the stand when we had to... gave the ball back to the offense. A lot of things that need improvements. Great to get the win, but we need to get better and that was obvious today. Did some on the field coaching today so we did some adapting to get some pressure. Hope the place is full next week for UNO. We'll get ready for UNO tomorrow

Manke: Knew it was going to be a back and forth game, needed the one big play that changed the momenunt, and we were able to get that. They like to spread the field, got some great athletes, they made a lot of big plays today. Stay positive between series, offense keeps bailing us out... we came together as a team today. King is a gunslinger, so we knew he was gonna throw, which he did. Want to improve on sharpening up technique, learning schemes more, and individual responsibilities.

Mike (D-line): One of best offensive lines we've seen all year. Made adjustments in the second half. I was getting double teamed, they were making adjustments against us. We lined up in different packages to try and get some pressure on King. King is a real good QB. He stayed calm in the pocket. Most time played in a game, felt good. Defense needs to work hard and keep working to prepare for next week.

Freund: Offense struggled a little bit. Guys never gave up, played hard and with determination. We knew we were still in it but it was going to be hard to come back. Defense made some key stops. We got in the endzone when we needed to. Very athletic/active defensive front. Probably best so far this season... we'll see tougher down the road. O-line was making adjustments, as was I, getting rid of the ball sooner. We came together at the end and came out with the W. At halftime we said we needed to execute, everyone does their part, throw well, catch well. When you're down there is a sense of urgency, I wanted to be the leader, had some guys banged up, we pulled throw. 6:46 left drive - we needed to sling it around, get down the field quick, put some points on the board, let the defense make a stand. (holy crap he talks fast) Radio goes out.... Something about similar to Weston at Northern Iowa last year.... insert more static.... Murray not afraid to play with the big boys...

UND Lacross team at MSU up next! :huh:

TOTAL OFFENSE:

UND 516 - 170 rushing, 346 passing

MSU 513

Freund: 22/32 346 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Josh Murray 16 attemps 84 yards 2 TD

Chappell 4 rec 154 yards 1 TD, 15 rushes for 43 yards

Dressler 9 rec 95 yards

Trenbeth 5 rec 52

Apologies for the "technical problems" it's the old phone lines in the stadium....

Nebraska will be even more physical next week... will probably reak more havic next week... should be a wild one