SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mankato

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one team in the NCC that I dispise and that is Mankato. I have never been impressed with their coaching and lack of discipline. When you rely on transfers to make your team that's what you get! Ragsdale? What the heck is that for an offense? Sure, King will get is 400 yards passing on 65 pass attempts, but can you score? MSU has some of the most talented players in the league, but are clueless when in comes to winning games. I used to think that Jamrog was a good coach, but hiring Ragsdale from Duluth completly changed that. At least Bubba saw the early warning signs. Unfortunately, he is still feeling the affects by not being able to recruit a decent running back yet. There is only one team I would have a hard time losing to (including Augie) and that is the purple Mavs. I would love nothing better than 70-0! Okay, win by 1 is all it takes.

This game scares the heck out of me. UND hasn't fared well against teams that pass the football well. Facing an experienced guy, at their homecoming game, and playing a team without a lot to lose will be a challenge. I have all the faith in the world in coach Lennon not letting the guys look forward to next week, but thats an issue as well.

Get through this week please.... :glare:

I'll say:

UND 42

Mankato 31

This game scares the heck out of me. UND hasn't fared well against teams that pass the football well. Facing an experienced guy, at their homecoming game, and playing a team without a lot to lose will be a challenge. I have all the faith in the world in coach Lennon not letting the guys look forward to next week, but thats an issue as well.

Get through this week please.... :glare:

I'll say:

UND 42

Mankato 31

Here are some possible reasons for optimism:

In three games against UND (two while at UMD and one while at MSU), offensive coordinator Dan Ragsdale-led offenses have managed 10, 12 and 3 points. Also, if you throw out MSU's game against NAIA Peru State (which lost 36-7 to Jamestown), MSU is scoring just 19.5 points per game. I see MSU as a more talented, but only slightly more successful version of Augie.

I will be there!

I went two years ago, as well.

Highlights: Fabulous weather, a Sioux victory, lots of fans, pretty good sightlines, gigantic cookies at the concession stand, a MSUM football player singing the national anthem...

Lowlights: Having to use a porta-potty behind the bleachers, a game that seemed closer than it should have been, some Mankato player (no idea what number) motioning that he was going to "cut the Sioux team's throat" during the signing of the national anthem... :glare:

Part of our agenda will be checking out the "Taste of Mankato" event before the game. Here is the info I found on it:

12:00pm-2:30pm outside Blakeslee Stadium

Taste food from your favorite local restaurants, or branch out to discover new flavors from around Mankato! Head over to the Taste of Mankato after the parade for great food, live music, and a variety of entertainment. Brought to you by MSU Athletics.

and

Taste of Mankato: From 12-2:30 p.m. roughly 20 food vendors from the greater Mankato area will set up shop on Practice Field No. 1 for the annual Taste of Mankato. Tickets to the event are $10 for adults and $5 for students (K-12). The event will feature live music and interactive games courtesy of the Army National Guard.

After the game, may be attending this comedian:

B.J. Novak

Mankato's website says single game tickets aren't available until an hour before game time, so I think I'm going to have to get tickets when I get there.

I don't remember this game ever being sold out, but since it's homecoming, who knows.

Anybody think it'll be a problem to get in?

Mankato's website says single game tickets aren't available until an hour before game time, so I think I'm going to have to get tickets when I get there.

I don't remember this game ever being sold out, but since it's homecoming, who knows.

Anybody think it'll be a problem to get in?

I don't think you'll have any problem getting in. I doubt Mankato has ever sold out a game.

Mankato lost to Omaha last week. I see their other loss was to Northern Iowa. Northern Iowa is undefeated and one of the top ranked teams in DIAA. The score in that game doesn't tell the whole story. Mankato was only down 6 going into the 4th quarter. Mankato is definitely a legitimate team. We will have to play a game to beat them. Road games have always been tougher for us.