SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

Apparently jerseys are some sort of status symbol at the games.

Oh for Pete's sake!!! I own game worn jerseys and wear them because I'm a Fighting Sioux fan. And yeah, as far as I'm concerned being a Fighting Sioux fan is a helluva status figure!

So all 11,000+ people didn't show up in green on Friday and white on Saturday. Ya know what? It's still a free country and people can wear what they want to, when they want to and where they want to. It doesn't make anyone a bad fan or a better fan because they did or didn't wear the right color.

Let it go already.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let it go already.

You're doing a really good job at keeping it going.

I have some game-worns myself, along with a bunch of other random jerseys, but to me, I would think it would mean more to be a part of something bigger, something to bring unity as not only a team, but a whole school/fanbase. Really, is it that hard to not have to wear a jersey for ONE game (if it wasn't the right color).

• 10 months later...
What would everyone think about a Black/White Weekend instead of Green?

(My thoughts are that the seats are green, so the crowd wouldn't stand out a whole lot.)

nothing will work unless a company or whoever will provie the right color shirts and 12,000 of them each night if you are doing a 2 color weekend. it WONT come close to working if this doesnt happen. not even close

What would everyone think about a Black/White Weekend instead of Green?

(My thoughts are that the seats are green, so the crowd wouldn't stand out a whole lot.)

Or do white both nights. (Not everyone goes both nights.)

White worked well last year-green, not so much.

Or do white both nights. (Not everyone goes both nights.)

White worked well last year-green, not so much.

that would work, it doesnt matter what color. black, green or white but wichever it is. a company must pony up and donate 12,000 shirts to be passed out at the entrance or it will be half ass by the fans overall and look bad

unless you get the arena to hand out green/white t-shirts this will be a flop again.

exactly what ive been saying. it WONT work at all if not. not even worth the effort like some put in last season as shirts need to be handed out. 12,000 of them

i wish i had the company to pony up and fork them over as i would in a heartbeat to make it look sweet. i would do a blackout for sure friday and a whiteout saturday.

1 color really is easier though. just do 1 night. saturday night BLACKOUT

My thoughts on making this work.

To share the cost, instead of having 1 company pay for it all, would be to have about 5 to 10 sponsors go together and have their logos on the back of the t shirt. Get your company name out there as a sponsor and get the free t shirts handed out to make the weekend work.

My thoughts on making this work.

To share the cost, instead of having 1 company pay for it all, would be to have about 5 to 10 sponsors go together and have their logos on the back of the t shirt. Get your company name out there as a sponsor and get the free t shirts handed out to make the weekend work.

exactly, i didnt mean 1 company to do it all as you are right on. i guess a combo has to do it to make this work. it can be done and yes they need to be handed out at the door