UND vs CWU

proudsioux

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0. Good start.

Will this have any bearing on the rankings? Should we even care this early in the season?

A win is a win...

I tend to care more about football rankings more than hockey. They seem to have more of an impact. Hopefully, we retain our #2 ranking. CW was supposed to be a difficult team, offensive wise, and they proved that.

Just got back from the game. What a thriller! What a track meet! The crowd was wild! The atmosphere was electric! Great job by the Sioux to stick with it and pull it out for the home fans.

I shot some pictures that I'll try to get posted sometime tonight.

Go Sioux!

Just got back from the game. What a thriller! What a track meet! The crowd was wild! The atmosphere was electric! Great job by the Sioux to stick with it and pull it out for the home fans.

I shot some pictures that I'll try to get posted sometime tonight.

Go Sioux!

That was true at the end and when it was close but as soon as we got that 14 point lead, it seemed like the crowd just shutdown. I was glad to see more of my fellow students standing most of the game but the cheering could have been more consistent.

For the first 3 quarters I got basically a slideshow reel. The 4th quarter though went suprisingly smoothly for me.

They said strouth looked like he was in pain. That'd be really bad if it's a serious injury. He's a big time D-player.

STROUP, not STROUTH. Brandon isn't playing anymore plus wrong type. Brandon was a running back and Bobby is the defense. The game was awesome. The crowd was awesome and stayed for the entire game this time which made it even better.

CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN TODAY. I WAS IN GAINESVILLE WHERE WE BEAT THE BLOODY CRAP OUT OF TENNESSEE TODAY & TEBOW HAD AT LEAST TWO TD RUNS SO IN CLOSING GO SIOUX & GO GATORS.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973

i watched the florida game today and i was very impressed with florida's offense tim tebow runs the spread offense amazingly and percy harvin is a threat anytime he has the ball.nice win today for your gators.

Wow, what a fun game! Louder than heck in the Alerus and down to the wire.

Dressler, Chappel, and Freund make for an exciting trio. I know this is easy to say about a guy when he just ran for 300 yards in a game, but does UND possibly have two Harlon Hill candidates on this team with Dressler and Chappel?

Some issues that are of concern to me are kick-return coverage and the pass rush. CWU had several looonnnnngggg runbacks on punts and kickoffs today. Need to nip that in the bud. And our pass-rush is not greatly effective. We had 4 sacks today, but CWU threw the ball 49 frickin' times and a couple of those were "coverage" sacks. I just don't think we're getting the pass rush that we have in recent years. I have been impressed with the secondary, though so far this year, which I thought was going to be the biggest question mark on defense. They've played well against two good passing teams in SUU and CWU.

I was very impressed with CWU, they've put together some good teams the last few years, and I think they'll have a good chance a challenging for a playoff berth. It won't hurt they're chances that they host both USD and UNO in Ellensburg this season. :sad:

Wow, what a fun game! Louder than heck in the Alerus and down to the wire.

Dressler, Chappel, and Freund make for an exciting trio. I know this is easy to say about a guy when he just ran for 300 yards in a game, but does UND possibly have two Harlon Hill candidates on this team with Dressler and Chappel?

Some issues that are of concern to me are kick-return coverage and the pass rush. CWU had several looonnnnngggg runbacks on punts and kickoffs today. Need to nip that in the bud. And our pass-rush is not greatly effective. We had 4 sacks today, but CWU threw the ball 49 frickin' times and a couple of those were "coverage" sacks. I just don't think we're getting the pass rush that we have in recent years. I have been impressed with the secondary, though so far this year, which I thought was going to be the biggest question mark on defense. They've played well against two good passing teams in SUU and CWU.

I was very impressed with CWU, they've put together some good teams the last few years, and I think they'll have a good chance a challenging for a playoff berth. It won't hurt they're chances that they host both USD and UNO in Ellensburg this season. :sad:

I will second that. In recent years, it seemed like the D was ok but gave up a lot of big plays for TD's. Today, minus that one blown play, the pass D looked better. The D as a whole gave up some long drives but I would rather make a team drive the field to score than give it to them in 1 play.

And our pass-rush is not greatly effective. We had 4 sacks today, but CWU threw the ball 49 frickin' times and a couple of those were "coverage" sacks. I just don't think we're getting the pass rush that we have in recent years

I don't know, Reilly was pressured and beat up a lot in spite of most CWU passes being 3 step. It's very difficult to get pressure on a play that is 3 steps and throw, I think the LB's need to read quicker and get into pass drops faster and DB's need to react more quickly in order to stop that type of offense.