SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Football Season

UND Fan

I only highlight this because of the constant crap you guys yap about ticket giveaways or ticket prices at Bison games. I asked what a GA ticket cost and someone replied 18.00 but it looks like 10.00 will get your butt into a und game.

You asked a question and I gave you an honest answer. I have no idea what everyone else paid for their tickets. I only know what I paid for mine. If you know that tickets are cheaper elsewhere in Grand Forks, please let me know where that is because I'd rather only pay $10.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^^

You asked a question and I gave you an honest answer. I have no idea what everyone else paid for their tickets. I only know what I paid for mine. If you know that tickets are cheaper elsewhere in Grand Forks, please let me know where that is because I'd rather only pay $10.

From link above:

$10 Tuesdays

Tickets for all home football games are on sale each Tuesday. From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., single-game football tickets are only $10. Tickets can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations, including www.TicketMaster.com.

Freund named NCC Offensive Co-Player of the Week

Junior quarterback Danny Freund has been named North Central Conference Offensive Co-Player of the Week, it was announced today by the league office.

Freund, making his first collegiate start, threw five touchdown passes - all in the first half - in UND's season-opening 59-0 win over Humboldt State last Thursday at the Alerus Center. The Kenosha, Wis., native completed his first eight passes and finished 15-for-18 for 286 yards, while connecting with four different receivers on his five touchdown strikes.

Great start to the year, Danny!

The cheapest UND ticket prices are $10 (Tuesday only), but add $4 ticketmaster charges to each ticket = $14.

Paying as low as $5 without any sale will allow entry into an NDSU football game, and $14 will get you a decent seat at the FargoDome..

Yet, NDSU fans are complaining about UND "giving" away tickets. :glare: Unbelievable.

The cheapest UND ticket prices are $10 (Tuesday only), but add $4 ticketmaster charges to each ticket = $14.

Paying as low as $5 without any sale will allow entry into an NDSU football game, and $14 will get you a decent seat at the FargoDome..

Yet, NDSU fans are complaining about UND "giving" away tickets. :glare: Unbelievable.

Yes, if you're 12. Now you're using youth tickets to make your case? As for the $14 "decent seats", those are all endzone seats. How much do your endzone seats go for? Oh, that's right, you don't have any.

Ticketmaster tacks on 4 bucks to your tickets? God, you guys are getting raped. The 2 bucks we have to pay is bad enough.

Apologies to everyone except star for the tone of the above, but I hate people using misleading information to make their case. Many on this board said that UND's delay in moving was going to allow UND to learn from NDSU's move. Well, this is it. NDSU used ticket promotions to rebound from the terrible 2-8 season as well as the lackluster schedule the first year or two. Guess what? It worked. Now that attendance is at record levels, the promotions are dropping away as season ticket sales rise and area interest fills the rest of the FD. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Stop-N-Go 2 for 1 ended before last season. If not, I think it ended after. Again, considering we're expecting a season average of 17,000+ w/o major promotions, I'd say the idea worked. UND's current situation is not too different to NDSU's at the beginning of the move. Your average attendance has been on an overall decline since 2001(w/ playoff games) and you're facing the same type of schedules as we did. Adding in the difference in capacities between the FD & Al, you guys NEED to sell out your games to make enough money to pay teams to come to GF. (BTW, our SHSU game is a home/home and we're still paying $50k-$75k for their travel expenses. Get used to it; you'll have to do the same to get good opponents in GF and do it with 7,000 less seats.) I figure the current Valley Dairy Coke promotion is a test run for next year. They're using this year to sort out any distribution bugs and will advertise the hell out of it next year if attendance drops again this season. (BTW, you're already down 300)

Now, can we please let this pissing match die and let the poor bystanders in all this get back to real football discussions?

Call your ticket office any tuesday and you can get your tickets for 10.00

Yes, if you're 12. Now you're using youth tickets to make your case? As for the $14 "decent seats", those are all endzone seats. How much do your endzone seats go for? Oh, that's right, you don't have any.

Ticketmaster tacks on 4 bucks to your tickets? God, you guys are getting raped. The 2 bucks we have to pay is bad enough.

Apologies to everyone except star for the tone of the above, but I hate people using misleading information to make their case. Many on this board said that UND's delay in moving was going to allow UND to learn from NDSU's move. Well, this is it. NDSU used ticket promotions to rebound from the terrible 2-8 season as well as the lackluster schedule the first year or two. Guess what? It worked. Now that attendance is at record levels, the promotions are dropping away as season ticket sales rise and area interest fills the rest of the FD. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Stop-N-Go 2 for 1 ended before last season. If not, I think it ended after. Again, considering we're expecting a season average of 17,000+ w/o major promotions, I'd say the idea worked. UND's current situation is not too different to NDSU's at the beginning of the move. Your average attendance has been on an overall decline since 2001(w/ playoff games) and you're facing the same type of schedules as we did. Adding in the difference in capacities between the FD & Al, you guys NEED to sell out your games to make enough money to pay teams to come to GF. (BTW, our SHSU game is a home/home and we're still paying $50k-$75k for their travel expenses. Get used to it; you'll have to do the same to get good opponents in GF and do it with 7,000 less seats.) I figure the current Valley Dairy Coke promotion is a test run for next year. They're using this year to sort out any distribution bugs and will advertise the hell out of it next year if attendance drops again this season. (BTW, you're already down 300)

Now, can we please let this pissing match die and let the poor bystanders in all this get back to real football discussions?

Ahh now refreshing a voice of reason. A very accurate and reasonable post.

Yes, the Stop-N-Go discout is no longer. Previously, one could purchase one, and only one, voucher at a Stop-N-Go, in which you could go the the Bison ticket office and receive two general admisison tickets. As for the $5 tickets, as you stated, they're only available for those 12 and under in the upper general admission seats.

Ticketmaster tacks on 4 bucks to your tickets? G**, you guys are getting raped. The 2 bucks we have to pay is bad enough.

Hammersmith, never thought you too would go all whiney on this board.

It's really rather amazing that Bison fans come on a Sioux board, breach all message board etiquette by slamming UND, yet demand equal say in all that is posted so the "Bison" point of view can be expressed. Yet on their board, it is 24 x 7 non-stop slanderama against UND, yet that somehow is fair and equitable.

It says a lot for the maturity and the character of moderators here that opposing views are presented here, because there sure can't be expressed by a Sioux fan on "that" board.

The point was that NDSU's $5 children's tickets compares to $12 tickets at the Alerus. FYI, the Forum had editorialized against UND football ticket prices in the past, now we get slammed for a sale that few fans were even aware of.

Apologies to everyone except star for the tone of the above, but I hate people using misleading information to make their case.(BTW, you're already down 300) ...

Couldn't resist slamming us again.

Does anyone know why Dan Hammer is not doing the Sioux Football TV show this year? He did such a good job last year.

I'm guessing maybe he probably doesn't have the time now with his new role as KFGO sports director, and starting Sep. 10th, he'll be doing a daily two hour radio show on KKAG as well.

i hope Usd gets beat this week and next week.. :glare:

Really? I hope USD and UND both go undefeated, leading up to a season ending showdown in the Dakota Dome for the conference title and #1 regional ranking. Of course USD wins that game, and then wins again in the regional final, squashing the Sioux twice on their way to the National Title.

Now, a guy can dream, and the odds are long (but not as long as you think, the Coyotes and Sioux are pretty dang good this year), but that would be one heck of a send off to D1. Let's just say it would be great if it came down to the last game of the year for the conference title. Maybe somebody in the GLIAC can actually saddle GVSU with a loss this year in that one-team conference.