SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Football Season

UND Fan

I talked to a guy from USD last night and he made a few comments about their game against McNeese State last week. Mc Neese is ranked #6 in Division I-AA. He said they played them very tough. The score is a little misleading(31-7) The runningback for USD ran for 170 yards. USD fumbled inside their own 2 on two different occasions. McNees St. had a couple of really short drives. He said a USD receiver dropped a wide open touchdown pass. USD also fumbled when they were going in for a touchdown at the McNeese goaline. USD must be a pretty good football team to play McNeese that tough. Turnovers really distorted the score quite dramatically.

We'll know a lot more about USD after Saturday, as they play Central Washington on the road. If they lose, their season is hanging by a thread, as they still have to go to Omaha, and of course play UND. I'd be very surprised if USD can win at either CWU or UNO, as they just never seem to get that big road win over a good team. Plus, their defense is just not very good.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good team can have a game get away from them with a few inopportune turnovers. However what baffles me is how USD continually finds ways of not doing what it takes to win on the road. Also, in my opinion if you want to be considered a top d2 team you have to be able to compete and at least be in the game (and win) against fcs teams, even the top ones, as so many teams have done the past few years.

The Quiz: Danny Freund

Impressive numbers...

Freund is the top rated passer in NCAA Division II. He's guiding the Fighting Sioux to a 5-0 start and an offensive average of 555.2 yards per game.

Individually, Freund has a 203.9 passer rating. He's completed 71-of-102 passes (69.6 percent) for 1,152 yards and 14 touchdowns with just three interceptions.

And now an NCC defensive player of the week.

Manke earns NCC Defensive Player of the Week honors

University of North Dakota junior Rory Manke has been named North Central Conference Defensive Co-Player of the Week for his play in UND's 38-34 comeback victory at Minnesota State on Saturday.

Manke, a native of Detroit Lakes, Minn., made a critical interception on the Sioux 15-yard line with 1:39 remaining in the fourth quarter to preserve not only UND's perfect record (6-0, 4-0 NCC), but its hold on first place in the NCC standings. Manke also finished with five tackles, including four solo stops.

Thanks for the timely int. :lol: