SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Football Season

UND Fan

All I want to say to Ya'll is GOOD LUCK SIOUX & I HOPE & PRAY THAT YOU WIN IT ALL IN 2007. As for myself I'm going to in Gainesville this weekend for the begining of the Tim Tebow era. So in closing it's GO SIOUX & GO GATORS.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple things from the coaches' show tonight:

* UND and West Texas A & M were very close to an agreement to play a game in Grand Forks, which would have been this past weekend. Instead, USD swooped in at the last minute and agreed to play at WTAMU, in exchange for a return trip to Vermillion next year, even though USD had to bus all the way to Texas. I'm sure Meierkort and company are now regretting that decision.

*scheduling for next year is going well. There are nine games so far that are either confirmed or close to it, and Lennon is optimistic that there will be a 12-game schedule with six home and six on the road.

* UND and West Texas A & M were very close to an agreement to play a game in Grand Forks, which would have been this past weekend. Instead, USD swooped in at the last minute and agreed to play at WTAMU, in exchange for a return trip to Vermillion next year, even though USD had to bus all the way to Texas. I'm sure Meierkort and company are now regretting that decision.

*scheduling for next year is going well. There are nine games so far that are either confirmed or close to it, and Lennon is optimistic that there will be a 12-game schedule with six home and six on the road.

did they say at all who is for sure so far for next year?

did they say at all who is for sure so far for next year?

Not much has been released about who we will be playing in 2008 as of yet. Even out of the GWFC games, only SUU and UC Davis have been confirmed for next year along with the USD game. Although next year schools are able to schedule 12 games which makes the Cal Poly game fairly likely. I would assume that we will continue to see some regional DII schools on the schedule even with the move. Has anyone heard any rumors of who we could possibly be playing? USD has Winona State and West Texas A&M both at home next season. Also, USD is playing at UNI next year so we probably won't see them on the schedule until at least 2009 at the earliest.

I would expect the athletic department to use Homecoming as a pep rally for the move to DI and release a partial 2008 schedule. It would be nice to see 6 home and 6 away games next year!

Did Dale imply that he was actively involved in the scheduling? Supposedly, this was one of the things that he (and other coaches) have been upset with Buning about - that Buning wanted to control all scheduling.

Did Dale imply that he was actively involved in the scheduling? Supposedly, this was one of the things that he (and other coaches) have been upset with Buning about - that Buning wanted to control all scheduling.

He mentioned that Eric Schmidt was doing a good job contacting prospective opponents, but I didn't get a sense of exactly how much freedom the coaches have to actually choose opponents/dates.

Sioux ranked second, third in pair of national football polls

Fresh off of a 37-10 win at Southern Utah, a Football Championship Subdivision opponent, the Fighting Sioux are ranked second by one national poll and third by another, both of which were released earlier today.

UND (2-0, 0-0 NCC) is ranked No. 2 in the nation by Don Hansen's Football Gazette Top 40 poll, trailing only two-time defending national champion Grand Valley State. The Sioux now return home to face Central Washington in Saturday's annual Potato Bowl and Hall of Fame game at the Alerus Center. The Wildcats are ranked No. 33 nationally in the Football Gazette poll after blanking Humboldt State 44-0 in their season opener last Saturday.

So far so good 2-0 that's an excellent start if you ask me. I hope & pray that ya'll run the table & win the whole thing. I really do mean that from the bottom of my heart. As for me I'' be ready for this comming Saturday when the VOLS come the the SWAMP & we're going to have some VOLS for brunch. So in closing: GO SIOUX & WIN IT ALL & GO GATORS CHEW UP THEM VOLS.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973.

Ryan Chappell was named offensive player of the week earlier this week for the NCC. He has now been named offensive co-player of the week for D2.

Chappell earns national honors, UND ranked No. 2

North Dakota sophomore running back Ryan Chappell, who rushed for a school-record 306 yards in Saturday's 35-28 North Central Conference win, has been named the national offensive co-player of the week by D2Football.com.

Chappell, who also scored a pair of touchdowns in the victory over the Wildcats, carried the ball a career-high 28 times in smashing the previous record of 282 rushing yards, held by Phillip Moore for the past nine years. Chappell, a Grand Forks, N.D., native, finished with a career-high 328 all-purpose yards.

The GLIAC has no one this year besides GVSU. The NCC has UND, UNO, USD and CWU. The NCC has a very good non-conference record I think, so that would help UND.

That certainly appears to be true. The second-best team in the GLIAC may be Michigan Tech. Tech lost to Winona State earlier this year.

I think UND would host because of a higher SoS. Then again after last years debacle that resulted in UNO getting a bye instead of UND, I wouldn't count on the rules being followed. :silly:

If both teams were undefeated, it's hard to believe the two time defending champions would be on the road.

I talked to a guy from USD last night and he made a few comments about their game against McNeese State last week. Mc Neese is ranked #6 in Division I-AA. He said they played them very tough. The score is a little misleading(31-7) The runningback for USD ran for 170 yards. USD fumbled inside their own 2 on two different occasions. McNees St. had a couple of really short drives. He said a USD receiver dropped a wide open touchdown pass. USD also fumbled when they were going in for a touchdown at the McNeese goaline. USD must be a pretty good football team to play McNeese that tough. Turnovers really distorted the score quite dramatically.