SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out in Grand Forks?

WiSioux

"White Out"  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try and do some form of "White Out" this year at the Ralph?

• Do a White Out
    • Do a Green Out
  2. 2. When should we attempt this?

• Gopher Series at home
    • WCHA Home playoff games

Thy look about the same as the sioux crew shirts so i hope the color will match! but even if you order 60 of them they are still 8.50. Hey, to put one on each seat we need to raise about $55,000. :sad: Lets do it! I like those shirts alot!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... less than I expected from the Athletic Department:

Jennifer,

Thank you for the inquery on this "Green Out" idea. This is an idea that has been brought up many times in meetings. We did have a version of this last year with the glow sticks. At the time we believed that would be a stepping stone to future events. We are still looking into possible promotions for this upcoming season, but at this point have nothing in stone.

As far as a "Green Out" event, there is very little that the Athletic Department can do to help create the event. We can help support this event, but that is about as far as we can go. I wish you all the luck in creating this "Green Out" weekend.

Paul Frushour

UND Athletics

Oh well... it's still going to happen either way.

screw that email, seriously, it will happen either way, keep up the work wisioux!! wish i lived back there for something like this to help out, hope others are assisting you, if im back for that series you can bet everyone im with will have the green

have shirts available to buy if possible of course, spreading the word is the best idea as many many sioux fans have something green in the closet so tat will help a lot, ads, flyers and so forth until that weekend comes up then push heavy

I don't think it's going to cost 8.50 a shirt. If you buy them in bulk they will be cheaper. Does anyone know one of the Engelstad's maybe one of them will donate money. If you don't get shirts I personally think it won't work. Ask Barnes and Noble about getting shirts in bulk. I bet they have some catalogs or something to help out with. Just some ideas.

Have they decided on the gopher series for this? Based on how many single tickets went to gopher fans, it may look less spectacular with all the maroon & gold littered all over the place. Regardless, my friend was wondering if someone could post a flyer or something about the promotion so she can print it and give it to friends.

Wow, that seems like a VERY lame reply! "Great idea...sorry, we aren't going to help you get this off the ground because our glow stick promotion was lame...good luck."

Seriously...that's all the effort they'll put into this? I hope they don't take any credit when WiSioux has done all the work and pulls this off!

Might I suggest making sure that local radio stations are contacted? DJ's can mention starting on Monday's drive to work or during the day after commercials for the games that it's the Green-With-Envy weekend. Perhaps even Pat Sweeney and other TV stations could drop the bit during the sports that week. 200 people on facebook isn't going to cut it.

Love the "Green With Envy" name!!! As far as sign, we are working on that right now... we're trying to make some sort of "logo" or something we can consistantly use on all signs that we'll post and hand out. Hopefully we should have that within the next week. Keep the suggestions/ideas coming! :sad:

And I'll let ya know when we need help hanging up signs!

Might I suggest making sure that local radio stations are contacted? DJ's can mention starting on Monday's drive to work or during the day after commercials for the games that it's the Green-With-Envy weekend. Perhaps even Pat Sweeney and other TV stations could drop the bit during the sports that week. 200 people on facebook isn't going to cut it.

The big dogs and all the other morning shows. Would it be possible to tell the ppl who make the commercials for the games to sneak it in there as well? Pat Sweeney could mention it every game on the tv.They sometimes need a filler in between play. :sad: And "Green with envy" is good!

Love the "Green With Envy" name!!!

I liked it, too, until I thought about it some more. Wouldn't that imply that Sioux fans are green with envy? Shouldn't other college hockey programs and their fans be envious of us? Maybe "The Envy of Green" would be a more accurate theme or title. I'm just thinking out loud here and maybe I'm thinking too much. :sad:

I liked it, too, until I thought about it some more. Wouldn't that imply that Sioux fans are green with envy? Shouldn't other college hockey programs and their fans be envious of us? Maybe "The Envy of Green" would be a more accurate theme or title. I'm just thinking out loud here and maybe I'm thinking too much. :sad:

That's a very good point... and I'm very glad you brought that up. Green With Envy makes it seem as though we are jealous of the Gophers, and that is not the case. Perhaps Envy the Green would be a better name... Thanks for mentioning it!

i hear ya but im assuming many sioux fans dont have a shirt in that color green, a few wouldnt be bad but kelly green and forest green seem to be the norm anyways, not the highlighter green...i dont really consider that example a green anyone would wear or even have in the closet, no fence :sad:

Skip the forest green - you don't want to blend in with the seats!

Skip the forest green - you don't want to blend in with the seats!

i agree, kelly greeen for sure, just saying if thats all you have in the closet thats fine....this will be cool when it happens with no help for the school

That's a very good point... and I'm very glad you brought that up. Green With Envy makes it seem as though we are jealous of the Gophers, and that is not the case. Perhaps Envy the Green would be a better name... Thanks for mentioning it!

I'll be back tomorrow. Just give me a jingle and tell me what you need help with.