SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure am glad that we have people in Florida and Lankford dialed in to what is going on in the town that I live in. I can sleep now knowing youall have it covered! :)

Actually, I have DSL, but thanks for asking. And by the way, down here they say y'all not youall. :)

Seems some may have missed the point, from AreaVoices:

I'm glad at least someone got it.

As with all disinformation, there was a kernel of truth .... which is why it proved so convincing. ....

Imagine if a clever political operator were to spread damaging rumors among his circle of influence who, conceivably, would spread the rumors among their circles. All relationships being based on trust, if someone you knew told you that a stranger had a bad reputation, how likely would you be to deal with this stranger? ....

The comforting thing about whisper campaigns is they can backfire pretty hard once they are identified and the most vulnerable people are those that are both prominent and have a motive — even if they weren't directly involved.

I sure am glad that we have people in Florida and Lankford dialed in to what is going on in the town that I live in. I can sleep now knowing youall have it covered! :)

LANSFORD I live in Grand Forks during school, excuse me for going home to save money during the summer. I follow UND during the summer through my cousin who works for UND and my other two cousins who live also in GF. Thank you for calling my hometown redneck, I am very proud of that. Though think about that if it wasn't for small towns, ND wouldn't exist as it is today, GF was once a small town too. The reason I don't believe you without it coming from someone at the Athletic Office is because I grew up in a small town, I know how rumors start and get changed around until there is very little truth left in them. You can make fun of me all you want, but please leave my hometown people out of it because you don't know them. next time you are in the grocery store, you might want to think about that bread or meat that you are buying because it just might have come from a farm around Lansford.

Unless alleging that a lot of people don't seem to like him qualifies as nasty.

I'm fine with people saying they don't like dealing with Buning as long as they were dealing first-person. The "my buddy's pal told me" stuff wears thin; but, I'll trust first-person reports.

Who here in dealing with the AD has a first-person horror story they'd like to share.

I'm fine with people saying they don't like dealing with Buning as long as they were dealing first-person. The "my buddy's pal told me" stuff wears thin; but, I'll trust first-person reports.

Who here in dealing with the AD has a first-person horror story they'd like to share.

I gave an example of something he said, which was reported in the media, as an example of why I don't particularly like the man. I've also exchanged e-mails with him, which didn't serve to make me change my opinion. That's the best I can do without using second and third-hand accounts, and I'm not going to do that on a message board. Frankly, I'm starting to think that chastising and defending him on this board are an equal waste of time.

I trust this post is facetious; tell me you don't really want this information.

If someone working first-person with the AD would indeed air their dirty laundry on a fan site for UND athletics, there is a bigger problem in that office than what's being divulged in this thread. Right or wrong, I feel the lay-person with the second hand information can freely post "what they heard," as it incriminates no one. If we start having named officials throwing out specific examples of office trouble, we would truly be the laughing stock of college athletics.

I trust this post is facetious; tell me you don't really want this information.

If there is a problem I'd love to have someone step up, on the record, and define it in a first-person account. I'm willing to listen to someone on-the-record stating the issues. But they wouldn't do it here. They'd do it in the media, and that's fine. Until someone goes on-the-record I get the sense of a (how'd Tran put it?) whisper campaign.

These guys named Woodward and Bernstein had a first-person source they called "deep throat" for decades (without revealing an identity) and they pretty much brought down someone far more important than an athletic director.

If there's a problem, why isn't someone quietly going first-person to the media.

These guys named Woodward and Bernstein had a first-person source they called "deep throat" for decades (without revealing an identity) and they pretty much brought down someone far more important than an athletic director.

If there's a problem, why isn't someone quietly going first-person to the media.

You know what would be awesome? If Bunning's dog Fido fought Checkers. Michael Vick could officiate.

Do you really think the gf media would run with it?

Do you really think the gf media would run with it?

If it'd sell papers, heck yes.

Don't believe me? See your favorite "Robbie Bina" thread and the hatred toward WDAZ right now. There's my GF media will report on UND datapoint.

The better question might be:

Would other town's media report anything negative toward their local favorite?

MSP media did the Blarney's thing.

WDAZ did the Judy's incident.

Everyone else must be pure as the driven snow. :p:)

MSP media did the Blarney's thing.

WDAZ did the Judy's incident.

The Herald did a story on Terry Wanless at a time when there were many complaints about him. So why would Buning be treated any different?

The Herald did a story on Terry Wanless at a time when there were many complaints about him. So why would Buning be treated any different?

I found this article, and it's an interesting read, particularly given what appears to be going on now at UND. In any event, I think it's worth the $2.95 it costs to download it from the Herald website. It's from October of 1994, and was written by Ryan Bakken, in case anybody wants to look for it.